LIVE - Harmony 11/26 - 12/3 Sailing the Eastern Caribbean

MrsKC08

For those interested, I've attached the information regarding the luggage valet. We intended on doing this prior to the cruise, but ultimately we decided not to worry about. Might be worth it for some to do this if they have quite a few luggage pieces to gather, but we only had 2 pieces and they had rollers on them so not a big deal for us. And it saved us $50!

Luggage Valet Info.pdf

Thank you for the great review and for taking the time to not only scan the information myself and others asked for but for taking the time to get it for us!

:)

You are quite welcome! I know how valuable the information on these boards can be.

I'll be coming back with my final overall thoughts and observations.

Lynn & Ken

On HOTS FYI Print out your reservations for shows & dining. Once on board My Calendar did not show our reservations correctly as done on line before we sailed. Chops was a total disaster for reservations & very slow service. Talked to many others, same experience. Talked to a couple of 10 who had ver poor service & food taste/quality at Chops. Diamond Lounge too small so using Attica for overflow. Grease & Aqua show great!

On HOTS FYI Print out your reservations for shows & dining. Once on board My Calendar did not show our reservations correctly as done on line before we sailed. Chops was a total disaster for reservations & very slow service. Talked to many others, same experience. Talked to a couple of 10 who had ver poor service & food taste/quality at Chops. Diamond Lounge too small so using Attica for overflow. Grease & Aqua show great!

That is very strange about Chops. We ate there on night 2 and it was fantastic all the way around! Our service was great, food was excellent and it wasn't slow at all for us!

Lynn & Ken

Thanks for scanning the documents.:) If you still have the "As You Depart" letter, many people find that useful for planning.

I just checked and I do have that (my husband always wonders why I keep all this stuff). I'll scan that shortly!

Lynn & Ken

Thank you for posting the "as you depart" paperwork. I was wondering how your getting off the ship went. We are going on our first cruise in March on the Harmony and still trying to decide if a 9:45 boarding with Southwest is possible with this ship. Even as I am typing I'm saying its a no go and I will have to leave on Sunday morning.

That is very strange about Chops. We ate there on night 2 and it was fantastic all the way around! Our service was great, food was excellent and it wasn't slow at all for us!

Lynn & Ken

I think Chops in general has some issues with larger parties and I'm really not sure why. On Allure last December we had atrocious service and when our steaks finally came out they had several problems. The steaks were cut into to check how "done" they were. This causes the juices in the steak to flow out and make it extremely dry. The steaks had to be sent back because they were cold. Not a warm...COLD. We'll stick with Capital Grill, Abe and Louies, Peter Luger, etc for steaks :)

Currently Solarium Bistro is complimentary, but I've been told that there will be a time that a fee will be charged. We were able to make our reservations through our cruise planner when I made all our other reservations.

Lynn & Ken

Hi! I know Solarium is fee free for breakfast/lunch, but are you saying it's fee free (for now) for dinner, too?

Currently yes! That could change but for our cruise it was complimentary.

Lynn & Ken

We board this Saturday (12/10), so crossing fingers. I'll give it a try if it's complimentary. Thank you! Sounds like you had a nice cruise. Thanks for your great info.

Thank you for posting the "as you depart" paperwork. I was wondering how your getting off the ship went. We are going on our first cruise in March on the Harmony and still trying to decide if a 9:45 boarding with Southwest is possible with this ship. Even as I am typing I'm saying its a no go and I will have to leave on Sunday morning.

Hey Kmermaid! Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like a chance to chat with and eventually meet your fellow cruisers on board the Harmony next March, the same week as you, follow the site below, find your specific week, click on it and get acquainted!!!;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1008

Quest tonight at 1145pm. Kind of late for us Ole people. Will bring our pillows. LOL

They usually always do Quest late so that they avoid having children pop in. It is always definitely fun. Just make sure you get a nap in during the afternoon!