LIVE - Harmony 11/26 - 12/3 Sailing the Eastern Caribbean

MrsKC08

If there is anyone on Harmony now, I'm wondering if you can tell me what the week-long price was for Voom Surf-only. Would love to know for 3-device package.

The package for sale pre-boarding is Surf & Stream, 30% off. I'm trying to figure out if that is better than getting Surf Only onboard with a D+ discount.

Thanks.

Thank you for posting the "as you depart" paperwork. I was wondering how your getting off the ship went. We are going on our first cruise in March on the Harmony and still trying to decide if a 9:45 boarding with Southwest is possible with this ship. Even as I am typing I'm saying its a no go and I will have to leave on Sunday morning.

I was just on this sailing of HOTS with the OP and my family and I did the carry off your own bags as we had flights on JetBlue and Southwest that departed at 10:20am. We were told that we would dock and to be in line by 6:30 as thats when the doors would open for departure. I was the first one out of my group downstairs with our bags and waiting for the rest of my family to come down. It was about 6:15 and people were already walking off!

If we knew they were letting people off early, we definitely would've been downstairs sooner. We were all finally downstairs at about 6:35, through customs and in a taxi by 6:55 and sitting at our airport gate by 7:28! We asked if the flight before was full, and it was so we just sat around and waited for our flight and began boarding at 9:50am.

If there is anyone on Harmony now, I'm wondering if you can tell me what the week-long price was for Voom Surf-only. Would love to know for 3-device package.

The package for sale pre-boarding is Surf & Stream, 30% off. I'm trying to figure out if that is better than getting Surf Only onboard with a D+ discount.

Thanks.

On board prices:

http://www.royalcaribbeanincentives.com/content/uploads/Voom.pdf

Thanks -- VERY helpful! Do you know what the D+ and D discounts are as well? I think I recall $40 off for D, not sure for D+. Thanks again.

D: One free 24-hour period OR $20 off a package

D+: Two free 24-hour periods OR $40 off a package

I've seen some variance in those discounts, but those seem to be the most common.

Did anyone do chef's table? I wondered where they were doing it.

I don't believe that it was offered on our cruise. I had inquired about it and was told that it was not being done currently, but it is my understanding that it will be added to the cruise soon.

NO, you only find out when you go to the show. Example, our 9pm show, we went to line up at 8pm, display at door showed CANCELLED. Rebook Friday.

I found out that our Grease show that we originally booked for night 2 at 8pm had been moved prior to even getting on the ship. I checked my cruise planner a few days before we sailed and noticed that change. Other than that, we didn't have any other issues with our show reservations other than The Fine Line being cancelled every night, but that was only due to weather.

Is the luggage Valet service available on HOTS? Heard on some cruises it is no longer available. We love it and hope it is available.

Txs

Yes, I shared the information on that a few posts up. You will find a post with an attachment that pertains to this. It is available with HOTS as long as you are flying after 11:30 AM and you are one of the airlines that participate (American, United, US Air, Jet Blue, Southwest and Delta).

I promise that I am going to be sharing my final thoughts and observations. I've been playing hell trying to catch up here at the office since being gone. My plan is to do this tonight or tomorrow during my lunch break. I've got more photos to share as well that I took with my digital camera.

I was just on this sailing of HOTS with the OP and my family and I did the carry off your own bags as we had flights on JetBlue and Southwest that departed at 10:20am. We were told that we would dock and to be in line by 6:30 as thats when the doors would open for departure. I was the first one out of my group downstairs with our bags and waiting for the rest of my family to come down. It was about 6:15 and people were already walking off!

If we knew they were letting people off early, we definitely would've been downstairs sooner. We were all finally downstairs at about 6:35, through customs and in a taxi by 6:55 and sitting at our airport gate by 7:28! We asked if the flight before was full, and it was so we just sat around and waited for our flight and began boarding at 9:50am.

Thanks for replying with your experience much appreciated!! One other thing what did you have to do to be able to get off the ship first and carry off your own bags? Sorry never cruised before!

Edited by Kmermaid

I promise that I am going to be sharing my final thoughts and observations. I've been playing hell trying to catch up here at the office since being gone. My plan is to do this tonight or tomorrow during my lunch break. I've got more photos to share as well that I took with my digital camera.

I'm going to presume to speak for a lot of folks on these boards: what you've done here is absolutely phenomenal!!

And we all owe you a HUGE thank you!

Posting updates, tons of photos AND videos, scanning the compasses & answering ALL the questions -

simply an amazing job, that have very few, if any, comparisons anywhere on Cruise Critic.

For us, it really settled the choice for our next cruise - it was a toss-up 'tween the Allure or the Harmony.

Your outstanding efforts here made for a very easy decision for us.

We personally want to offer a heartfelt thanks! I hope to pay it forward from our experience as well!

Thanks for replying with your experience much appreciated!! One other thing what did you have to do to be able to get off the ship first and carry off your own bags? Sorry never cruised before!

No problem! To get off the ship first, instead of putting your bags outside of your door the night before with the tags that are provided in your stateroom, you just keep them in your room. Then the morning of departure, you just walk off the ship with your bags before they call the first group of numbers which I believe is before 7:45-8:00. As long as you are able to carry your bags off yourself without any assistance from RC, then you're good!

My husband rolled off 1 carry on, 1 regular sized bag and had the garment bag over his shoulder. I rolled off 1 carry on, 1 regular sized bag and had a backpack on my back and we were perfectly fine! I definitely saw some people struggling to get off and none of the staff helped, as they tell you before hand, they just said to "keep moving". So keep that in mind!

I have to say that I thought that the Bionic bar would be a thing to see once and then the glamour would ware off, however we have learned that the drinks from here are stronger than any other bar. I guess he cause it's computerized to make the recipe as written, and not by eye like the bartender does!

One disappointment though, we created our own drink mix and it was fantastic. When we went back to make it again they were having problems with some of the mixers and we couldn't make it. For example, our drink called for Pineapple juice, but the pineapple function wasn't working. I asked the attendant at the bar and she said they hoped to fix it tonight. We'll see tomorrow if it is fixed.

https://vimeo.com/193472599

Lynn & Ken

What a major disappointment that thing is...I was on right before you and they had nothing but problems with it. If you watched closely each and every poor it dumped the first 10 percent onto the counter. I saw the staff periodically tasting the drinks and making sour faces....I say stick to bartenders......

This may be a silly question, but when we were on Allure they had a doughnut shop on the Boardwalk, the Oasis did not, do they have one on Harmony?

No donut shop....and the donuts in the buffet for breakfast are brutal.....we were disappointed about this as well......

What type of amenities are in the shower was in shower gel and conditioner?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just one dispenser with shampoo. They have small bars of soap but we bring our own. We've had bad experiences in the last using soap at a hotel years ago that made us break out so we bring a bar of soap or body wash and just leave it when we leave.

Lynn & Ken

Curious if you know why you were invited to do a galley tour. How many others did the tour with you? This was on the last day, correct?

Thanks so much once again for all your time and effort put into this, it's been fun traveling along and looking forward to our turn.

Well, if you remember me speaking about our one bad meal in the MDR with the so-called Sirloin. That night when we were asked how our meal was, I was honest and said that it wasn't good. Mind you, we ate it, but it truly was a flank steak that they were trying to pass off as sirloin. The head waiters (both of them) came by our table and expressed their sincere apologies. The next day we received the strawberries and the next day we received the invitation for the galley tour. So, I honestly think they were trying to "make it right". Our opinion is that they went well above what they needed to.

You might be able to mention to your waiter that you'd like to do a galley tour. Never hurts to ask.

Lynn & Ken