Neptune suite guarantee on Eurodam

Gr8daze

We usually pick a specific room instead of taking a guarantee but we just rebooked to a Neptune suite with a guarantee on the Eurodam due to a price drop.

I guess I'm going on the thought that there aren't bad Neptune suites. I don't care about being close to the lounge. I like walking. Anything else to worry about? I'm good with paying a few hundred more for a specific room if a guarantee in this category is risky.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Gr8daze

There are two modified accessible Neptune suites on the Eurodam. You could receive one of those when booking a guarantee. If you would not want an accessible cabin then I suggest paying a little more to choose your specific room.

Not sure about Eurodam, but on the Vistas, those are SCs. Book SB guarantee to avoid the accessible cabins if that's an issue.

There are two modified accessible Neptune suites on the Eurodam. You could receive one of those when booking a guarantee. If you would not want an accessible cabin then I suggest paying a little more to choose your specific room.

So what are the issues with an accessible room, if you don't need it?

We did that once on the Nieuw Amsterdam and ended up in the handicapped suite. On both the Eurodam and NA they are SAs next to the elevator. Don't remember the number.

We were not very happy in them--especially the bathroom. Bathroom has one sink--very low. The shower and toilet share the same area with no curtain separating it. Bathtub very high.

There are ramps going into the room and also to the verandah and outside the verandah. Always tripping on them.

Look at the deck plan and ask your TA if they are taken. If they are you are safe with the guarantee. If they are not, I would pick a specific cabin.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri

One of the reasons some do not like handicapped suites is the lack of a bathtub. That's a feature in our opinion.

There is definitely a bathtub in the HC Neptune Suite. However the sides are so high I wonder how a handicapped person would ever be able to get in it.

Terri