platinum/diamond party

Micahs Grandad

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzYnPv941El3HbdMa_qaAdfkEYlf1IxLHeK54HllgHEZ7Kwqsw

He has talked on and off that they are looking into it but typically takes forever to make a change and last time just took stuff away from platinum and diamond.

Im sure they will just take what little rewards each group still gets and divide them up after adding another level.

Im sure people were really motivated to become platinum when they announced that croc visor. Seriously 75 sea days at roughly $100 a night and all they "reward" you with is a 35 cent item.

He has talked on and off that they are looking into it but typically takes forever to make a change and last time just took stuff away from platinum and diamond.

Im sure they will just take what little rewards each group still gets and divide them up after adding another level.

Im sure people were really motivated to become platinum when they announced that croc visor. Seriously 75 sea days at roughly $100 a night and all they "reward" you with is a 35 cent item.

I doubt that a plat/diamond token of appreciation is motivation for anyone to cruise. It is a thank you, if you don't like them say no thank you. Lastly, the infamous crocs cost about 12 bucks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I doubt that a plat/diamond token of appreciation is motivation for anyone to cruise. It is a thank you, if you don't like them say no thank you. Lastly, the infamous crocs cost about 12 bucks.

Costs you maybe , there is no way that foam like visor costs $12. They might charge $12 but no way is carnival buying them for any amount near that.

And sarcasm doesnt translate very well now does it ? And if you came across the posts about the visors plenty of people did indead refuse them. Why not give a free picture , i bet more people would like and appreciate that. And since going digital pictures costs them next to nothing.

Costs you maybe , there is no way that foam like visor costs $12. They might charge $12 but no way is carnival buying them for any amount near that.

And sarcasm doesnt translate very well now does it ? And if you came across the posts about the visors plenty of people did indead refuse them. Why not give a free picture , i bet more people would like and appreciate that. And since going digital pictures costs them next to nothing.

I was actually not being sarcastic (about the no thank you). It's a gift, do I like them all? No. I am sure there are many ideas of what they could do, I know I have some. That said, it is what it is.

I was actually not being sarcastic (about the no thank you). It's a gift, do I like them all? No. I am sure there are many ideas of what they could do, I know I have some. That said, it is what it is.

I was being sarcastic about crocs motivating people to become platinum.

I was being sarcastic about crocs motivating people to become platinum.

Get it now, it's early....

Edited by jimbo5544

The gift is not the motivation for me...but I like that I'll get priority embarkation, the free party with drinks and appy's and free laundry. It's a nice way to say thank you to repeat customers.....but the reason I go back is the value, the customer service and the food....and my love of the ocean...but perks are nice.:D

The gift is not the motivation for me...but I like that I'll get priority embarkation, the free party with drinks and appy's and free laundry. It's a nice way to say thank you to repeat customers.....but the reason I go back is the value, the customer service and the food....and my love of the ocean...but perks are nice.:D

The laundry will be the biggest perk for me. Im a super light packer and usually extend my vacation beyong the cruise. So while im enjoying the cruise it would be nice to have my laundry done.

Whats gunna happen when too many people are P/D and priority boarding just becomes boarding. Just like the party became too crowded im sure priority boarding will suffer.

Certainly the number grows, hence the reason for the change to the party. That said, they do a reasonably good job of prioritizing the priorities in the process weddings then Diamonds/plats then FTTF. There was a post on here on another thread a while back where someone posted how many plats and diamonds there were.

To date, the only time I have seen it be an issue at all is on Journey or TA's where they end up with 400 diamonds and 1200 plats.

Certainly the number grows, hence the reason for the change to the party. That said, they do a reasonably good job of prioritizing the priorities in the process weddings then Diamonds/plats then FTTF. There was a post on here on another thread a while back where someone posted how many plats and diamonds there were.

To date, the only time I have seen it be an issue at all is on Journey or TA's where they end up with 400 diamonds and 1200 plats.

Yeah and those numbers can only grow.

That's a good one! The croc type visor runs about $2 for what Carnival paid for them. I could get them for $3, with logo, from my vendor if I wanted to give them to my clients. Carnival bought thousands and would get a better deal than me buying 100. :)

Take care,

Mike

Actually, they can decline as older Plats/Diamonds die off.

Of course , always a possibility in that. Im generally thinking if a couple cruises together the become plat together, so unless the pass simultaneously there is still plus 1 plat. But there are always other possibilities and variations.

I'll b diamond in April, and honestly I could care less about the "Party". I keep my sign n sail in my pocket, turned around on my laniard OR let my DH keep it. I've cruised several cruise lines and all I look forward to is....THE GET AWAY, THE VACATION, THE FUN!! Keep your status, your perks....all I want to do is have fun.. then WHY do I say the dreaded I'LL B DIAMOND, it's just to make a point...13 days and counting!!!

It's amazing to me that Golds are so upset. If you are that upset go on more cruises and get to Platinum and we'll see you there.

That's what many of us Golds are doing. I hope to be Platinum in 3 more cruises next November. Never been upset at the loss of the party in itself, just irritated that the loss of the party to Golds is in part due to people who brought non-Gold+ members to the party making it too large to sustain. And the same will happen to Plats if non-Plats+ are brought to the current party.

Thank goodness the carnival doesnt have a whiney crybaby party cuz that would be even more packed.

Did you ever think is was the nerds out there that screwed it up by complaining about every last thing they object too.

Good thing for those reinforced soap boxes you preach from.

That's what many of us Golds are doing. I hope to be Platinum in 3 more cruises next November. Never been upset at the loss of the party in itself, just irritated that the loss of the party to Golds is in part due to people who brought non-Gold+ members to the party making it too large to sustain. And the same will happen to Plats if non-Plats+ are brought to the current party.

BTW at the Magic plat/diamond party they didnt even bother to collect invitations. anyone could have come in

BTW at the Magic plat/diamond party they didnt even bother to collect invitations. anyone could have come in

Dont say that someone will become completely unglued and call carnival corporate with this scaving intel. He will demand invitations be enhanced with biometric safeguards that are checked against the national cruising database and enforced by armed security guards at the door. The cost of cruising will increase and noone will be able to afford to cruise anymore. We have opened pandoras box, how will we atone for these atrocities. Never speak of this again, EVER !

Lol

Lol !

Dont say that someone will become completely unglued and call carnival corporate with this scaving intel. He will demand invitations be enhanced with biometric safeguards that are checked against the national cruising database and enforced by armed security guards at the door. The cost of cruising will increase and noone will be able to afford to cruise anymore. We have opened pandoras box, how will we atone for these atrocities. Never speak of this again, EVER !

Lol

Lol !

Mmmmm.....I am starting to hear the twilight zone music in the background. Do you have issues about this party?

Mmmmm.....I am starting to hear the twilight zone music in the background. Do you have issues about this party?

I thought they way this last one was done it was rather boring and not sure we keep going to it if they keep doing it this way.

Better to find a bar and hang with some golds.:eek: