Platinum vouchers

tlreze

This is the first cruise since we became Platinum. When/where do you get your vouchers for dinner? Are they in your cabin when you get there?

Also for the 1 bag of free laundry each, do you just write PLATINUM on the slip?

This is the first cruise since we became Platinum. When/where do you get your vouchers for dinner? Are they in your cabin when you get there?

Also for the 1 bag of free laundry each, do you just write PLATINUM on the slip?

remember you each get dinner for 2, not just per cabin so make sure you get both, they once tried telling us it was only one per cabin but that is not true.

The laundry is one per cabin one time

That's incorrect, it's one per platinum MEMBER. This is directly from NCL's web site:

Laundry Service

25% on one bag of laundry per Gold member, complimentary one bag of laundry per Platinum member. (Available on bundled laundry service)

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program/benefits-details

You usually get an envelope with all the "tickets/certificates" in it with the T&Cs listed. With the dinner you also get one bottle of wine per Plat. member.

One thing to make note of - the Plat. BTS tour appears on most ships to have to be responded to by the first night - time varies.

I never thought about claiming both dinner vouchers!! :0

The laundry the most useful part for me by a mile, I worked out how much it should have cost and it would have been about $60!!!

I've written a post reviewing all of the platinum perks here if you fancy a read :-) http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2016/09/23/ncls-platinum-lattitudes-status/

Oo forgot to mention how much I love the priority boarding... who doesn't love going to the front of a queue :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wrong.

Each platinum member receives a free bag of laundry. You will get instructions that tell you to write your name, cabin number and "PLATINUM LATITUDES REWARDS STATUS" on your laundry slip. You can send in your laundry any day (next day service) -- not just the day they do fill-a-bag with two day service. In fact, it is probably better not to do your laundry on the fill-a-bag day.

Book your dinner at Le Bistro or the Italian Restaurant 90 days prior to sailing (100 days for suites)

When you arrive in your cabin, there will be your Platinum package on your desk (just like you had a Gold package).

Each person gets a dinner for 2 with wine

Each person gets a free bag of laundry

Each person gets the free behind the scenes tour (you need to register on Embarkation day with the cruise next department)

The cabin gets one bottle of champagne

The cabin gets one plate of strawberries

The cabin gets one welcome gift

You get more discount in the photo shop

You get invited to the cocktail party

Platinum3.jpg

Wrong.

Each platinum member receives a free bag of laundry. You will get instructions that tell you to write your name, cabin number and "PLATINUM LATITUDES REWARDS STATUS" on your laundry slip. You can send in your laundry any day (next day service) -- not just the day they do fill-a-bag with two day service. In fact, it is probably better not to do your laundry on the fill-a-bag day.

Book your dinner at Le Bistro or the Italian Restaurant 90 days prior to sailing (100 days for suites)

When you arrive in your cabin, there will be your Platinum package on your desk (just like you had a Gold package).

Each person gets a dinner for 2 with wine

Each person gets a free bag of laundry

Each person gets the free behind the scenes tour (you need to register on Embarkation day with the cruise next department)

The cabin gets one bottle of champagne

The cabin gets one plate of strawberries

The cabin gets one welcome gift

You get more discount in the photo shop

You get invited to the cocktail party

Platinum3.jpg

thanks for being the second person to point that out much appreciated

Thanks so much for all this great info....I forgot about the Behind the scenes tour.

My husband wanted to use the laundry for his shirts (which will be clean) right away so they get pressed or steamed. Can you use it any day?

We have had platinum perks on last couple of cruises and used our 2nd dinner coupons on friends traveling with us. We are going on Getaway in February. We booked this trip back in mid 2015 when you got the old UDP which gives us specialty dining every night. I know they used to give platinum guests $20(???) extra OBC rather than the dining coupons. Does anyone know if this is still an option.

Since we have the UBP we don't need the wine for dinner but we would have the bottle sent back to our cabin. Just curious to if we have any options. Not a big deal either way But like to understand possibilities. Probably not many with the old promos anymore.

I know they used to give platinum guests $20(???) extra OBC rather than the dining coupons. Does anyone know if this is still an option.
That was never an option… They gave Platinum guests a $20 discount if they purchased the UDP, in recognition of the fact that they were already getting a free dinner. It wasn't $20 instead of the coupon; you get the coupon no matter what.

You received the UDP for free as a booking perk, so there's nothing to discount. But you will still get your coupon, which you can use to treat one person to dinner and get one bottle of wine.

Since we have the UBP we don't need the wine for dinner but we would have the bottle sent back to our cabin. Just curious to if we have any options. Not a big deal either way But like to understand possibilities. Probably not many with the old promos anymore.

There is no problem with taking the bottle with you to your cabin yourself. If you are in a suite it would also be easy to have the butler pick up the bottle and deliver it to your cabin, or since you are platinum the concierge should be able to arrange it.

I never thought about claiming both dinner vouchers!! :0

The laundry the most useful part for me by a mile, I worked out how much it should have cost and it would have been about $60!!!

I've written a post reviewing all of the platinum perks here if you fancy a read :-) http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2016/09/23/ncls-platinum-lattitudes-status/

Oo forgot to mention how much I love the priority boarding... who doesn't love going to the front of a queue :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've been platinum for a long time and never got priority boarding. Or, are you really talking about priority check in? Big difference. We already get priority check in with CAS. So we don't need the platinum line. If you got priority boarding it would be great though. So easy to get Vibe or Posh passes. Maybe that will come with the new latitudes tiers next year. I'm hoping so.

Edited by CruisinHarvey

remember you each get dinner for 2, not just per cabin so make sure you get both, they once tried telling us it was only one per cabin but that is not true.

The laundry is one per platinum guest not cabin and you just write platinum on bag and slip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We have had platinum perks on last couple of cruises and used our 2nd dinner coupons on friends traveling with us. We are going on Getaway in February. We booked this trip back in mid 2015 when you got the old UDP which gives us specialty dining every night. I know they used to give platinum guests $20(???) extra OBC rather than the dining coupons. Does anyone know if this is still an option.

Regarding the UDP for all nights and trying to get the free Plat wine and it appears we are in the minority here from what others have said but worth letting you know. When we had the UDP for all nights and we went to Le Bistro on POA we asked to use our certs just for the wine and were told no, the NCL system couldn't figure out how to ring that up so we ended up using the Plat meal cert to get the wine but were limited to one app, one entree, one dessert. Again, others haven't had this problem.