Zaandam-Beverages

Bootman4U

My apologies if this has been asked before but searching has been inconclusive.

The situation: 30-day cruise on the Zaandam

No way I am buying the beverage package since we don't drink "that" much to make it economical. What I am considering doing is buying one or two beverage cards for use at the bar(s).

Also planning to purchase individual bottles for use in the cabin and I know that can be done on board.

My question is: can I also buy cans of mixers such as Coke, Sprite on board? I know I can carry them aboard in unlimited quantities and given the price the cruise line is charging for a six-pack of beer I can only imagine the cost of a can of Coke, that is, if I can even get it.

Appreciate any help on this. We usually go with a pre-paid beverage package but the "economics" of the only one offered for the cruise simply do not make sense for us.

Thank you in advance.

Thanks for responding and with the greatest of respect, I know I can bring soda aboard but my question remains: can sodas in cans be BOUGHT on board?

From what I have read, you can bring soda and water on board at both embarkation and at your ports of call

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can buy all the cans of soda you want on board. No problem at all.

Mostly coke products I believe so if you have a preference for Pepsi/other specific products you might want to bring those on board at embarkation or in a port.

I like the beverage cards too because a). I have part of my onboard account paid for and b). I don't have to worry about a bunch of little slips and charges to keep track of. Those pages of on board charges really add up on a 30 day cruise.

I was going to say, that you can buy your mixers (in unopened cans for your room) two at a time during Happy Hour in Ocean Bar or Crows Nest and get the second can for a dollar... but Happy Hour is going to $2 for the second drink so I don't know if there will be a benefit! Maybe it will still be $1 for the second "drink" for sodas.

Edited by crystalspin