Port canaveral to Port everglades for B2B doable?

Hi everyone,

New to cruise critic so hope this is right place to ask this. We will be on Oasis NYE sailing from Dec 31-Jan 8. Found a good deal for Celebrity Silhouette leaving on Jan 8 for 4 night cruise, but from FLL. How has disembarkation been on Oasis at PC? If we do self-disembarkation (all adults in family), do you think it is doable to rent car from Port canaveral, and drive to Port everglades in time for next cruise? It is a Sunday so hoping traffic will not be too heavy.

Would appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Barring any traffic problems, you should have enough time. You've got to budget time for the rental shuttle at PC, rental counter waiting, drive to FLL, drop off car, and shuttle to PE terminal. I've waited 20 minutes at the rental car counter before. I'd budget at least 4 hours, might be close to 5 for all that. You may want to do self-assist disembarkation at PC to give you the maximum amount of leeway.

Edited by clarea

I would look into a car/van service, would eliminate time with rental

pick-up/return.

And definitely self assist walk off with luggage, its about

a three hour drive approx. 200 miles.

Mac

Edited by Mac303

Yes, three hour drive on a GOOD day...with no rest stops. Traffic can be a real

bear once you hit West Palm Beach all the way to Port Everglades. I always dread

traveling down there from here on embarkation day, since so many things

could go wrong. DH won't spend a night in a hotel there the night before, so that

is my only option. Have been lucky so far. :eek:

Doable? Yes, but will feel like a long day.

Edited by island lady

Yes completely doable.

We have done the opposite. FLL first then PC with no issues. Pc is an easy Port to disembark. But make sure you get off the ship as soon as you can to allow for any travel issues.

Someone mentioned Uber I would go that route or have a private shuttle pick you up at PC.

Would uber drive out that far? only ever used for shorter rides. Does anyone have recommendations for shuttle service?

Thank you for your input!

Yes Uber certainly will.

I am not sure how to go about a private shuttle...I would start with an internet search....But, hopefully some will come to the rescue here with some information:).

We did the opposite and there was plenty of time. We took our own bags off, definitely. Took a cab to the FLL airport rental car facility and hit the road with one stop for espresso and more sunscreen.

I think it's referred to as a side to side when switching ships/ports. :)

Edited by mollyeilis