Is there room to store luggage?

Stupid first timer question. On the Fantasy out of Mobile next Saturday. We've only been on small boat cruises before. Is there room to store roller bags or should we just plan on duffle bags?

We use a wheeled duffel bag and stow it under the bag. The wheels make it easy for us to push in and pull out the bag.

Stupid first timer question. On the Fantasy out of Mobile next Saturday. We've only been on small boat cruises before. Is there room to store roller bags or should we just plan on duffle bags?

I always unpack, and then stick one suitcase under the bed, and then create a "hamper" with the smaller roller suitcase... I take a trash bag with several fabric softener sheets inside of it, and use that to hold all of our dirty clothes. then, when the cruise is over, i just refold all the dirty clothes, put into the bag along with more dryer sheets, and then into the suitcase, and then everything stays fresh. I did this with the bag and dryer sheets for the first time this summer in Europe, and it was by far the most brilliant travel hack I have ever found.

I would never store my luggage under any bed in a ship's cabin or a land based hotel. I don't want to take even the smallest possibility of bringing any bed bugs or other creatures home with me.

Since I travel with just a carry on 21" piece of luggage and a shoulder bag, it's easy to store it upright in one of the closets. I'll use a plastic bag inside of it to store my laundry, and I like to return home with as much cleaned clothing as possible. That makes my unpacking so much easier!

On the Vista Nov 16 sailing, JH announced delays in sailaway due to the higher # of luggage pieces for the 11 day sailing. He claimed one couple brought 25 pieces of luggage on board for themselves!

Edited by evandbob

I would never store my luggage under any bed in a ship's cabin or a land based hotel. I don't want to take even the smallest possibility of bringing any bed bugs or other creatures home with me.

Since I travel with just a carry on 21" piece of luggage and a shoulder bag, it's easy to store it upright in one of the closets. I'll use a plastic bag inside of it to store my laundry, and I like to return home with as much cleaned clothing as possible. That makes my unpacking so much easier!

On the Vista Nov 16 sailing, JH announced delays in sailaway due to the higher # of luggage pieces for the 11 day sailing. He claimed one couple brought 25 pieces of luggage on board for themselves!

We always have put luggage under the bed and no problem Will talk to DW about this.

25 pcs of luggage wow we take one large rolling duffle and carryon. Dont know if we own that much clothing.:eek:

Stupid first timer question. On the Fantasy out of Mobile next Saturday. We've only been on small boat cruises before. IsUnder the bed they go. there room to store roller bags or should we just plan on duffle bags?

Under the bed they go.

If there are bedbugs in the room, it will not matter where you put your luggage.

We always have put luggage under the bed and no problem Will talk to DW about this.

25 pcs of luggage wow we take one large rolling duffle and carryon. Dont know if we own that much clothing.:eek:

lol, I could fill up that many bags with just my concert t-shirts BUT I wouldn't need near that many for even an 11 day cruise.

(I was very irritated the Flotsam and Jetsam show I went to on Saturday they were sold out of my size. I could get a shirt form the web but I just like to wear shirts I get at actual shows. Tour shirts are usually different from regular store shirts.)

Bed bugs don't just live in the bed. They live in crevices in furniture, they move across carpet, etc. So if you're storing your luggage in the closet or a corner of the room, you're still taking a chance.

Bed bugs don't just live in the bed. They live in crevices in furniture, they move across carpet, etc. So if you're storing your luggage in the closet or a corner of the room, you're still taking a chance.

This is true. However, it is much easier to see signs of a bedbug infestation in an empty closet than under a bed.

Since it is generally the case that the immediate occupants of the cabin brought the bugs onto the ship with them, or transported them from one cabin to another on the previous cruise, any possible infestation starts at the bed site. That is ground zero for these pests.

You can always put your bags in a large garbage bag and then under bed...but just so you know...bed bugs aren't only in beds. Can be in closets, chairs, desks, etc. Unfortunately, found out the hard way [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums