Favorite Foods from Specialty Restaurants

cruising_Bif

Please share your favorite dishes from the specialty restaurants. Let the mouth-watering begin!

Favorites are very subjective. In Le Bistro my favorite appetizer is the mushroom soup. My husband's favorite is the escargot.

We both like the beef tenderloin entree. I found the lamb too hard to cut off the bone and the duck was too dry.

In Cagneys we both like the crabcakes and the shrimp cocktail so having the SDP we order both. Our favorite entree is the filet and our favorites sides are the roasted mushrooms and garlic mashed potatoes, sometimes choosing the truffle fries instead.

Le Bistro: mussels and coq au vin.

Cagney's: fillet and truffle fries.

I enjoyed the escargot as well. I tried the steak in Le Bistro last time I went as I've read so many times here that it's better than the steaks in Cagney's. I felt it was on par with Cagney's and was wishing I'd order the coq au vin! :D

i liked the filet better in teppanyaki than my morning filet in haven

i never heard of dover sole so tried it in ocean blue. i booked a cruise in december for the sole purpose of getting the sole again.

sea bass in haven was excellent

veal in la cuchina was better than haven veal.

also general note: do your food diary at/after dinner. i forget even days later what i have so reviews are difficult

On our 11/13-20 Breakaway cruise, we did Moderno, Cagneys, Le Bistro, Wasabi and La Cucina. I have menus and pics in my post below: NCL Breakaway Bahamas Nov 13 Food and Drinks!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2425269

I have (a few of) my favorites listed below.

At Moderno, the Flank Steak was amazing.

At Cagneys, the goat cheese app was great, and the Filet Mignon was outstanding.

At Le Bistro, the Jumbo Shrimp were good, and the Scallops were great.

At Wasabi, the Surf n Turf roll was delish!

At La Cucina, the beef lasagna was amazing, as was the Osso Buco!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They changed the wonderful mussels in pernod cream sauce to mussels in a flavorless white wine broth sauce - it's awful. What a mistake!

Totally agree that the Le Bistro menu has gone down hill. We use to really enjoy the lamb chops,,,, but they have gone to the tiny loin cuts with a very odd seasoning.

Favorite dish is still the Cagney's rib chop.

Tomahawk.jpg

The Australian double cut pork chop in Cagneys was amazing. Full of flavor yet very tender. The shrimp cocktail there is one of my favorite things ever!

Always been tempted, but seems like sacrilege not to have a steak (beef) in Cagneys [emoji15]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can anyone comment on the Seared Tuna steak at Cagney’s? I love Tuna steaks but hate to not have a steak at a steak restaurant.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

My husband is a huge tuna fan and he has this and loved it. Have the steak at LeBistro, it melts in your mouth.

They changed the wonderful mussels in pernod cream sauce to mussels in a flavorless white wine broth sauce - it's awful. What a mistake!

Yep, I discovered that on the Escape Transatlantic. I was very, very disappointed, since the mussels were the only reason I even ate at Le Bistro. That broth used to be absolutely amazing.

Edited by LrgPizza

Please share your favorite dishes from the specialty restaurants. Let the mouth-watering begin!

Cagney's Best app: Pork Belly - also fantastic, shrimp cocktail.

LeBistro - The mussels were still good, just not as good as the pernod ones. My favorite at LeBistro this time was the Warm Goat Cheese Salad, fruits de mer app and the peppercorn beef tenderloin. (I much prefer the steak at LeBistro than Cagney's.)

If you do Moderno, save room for the parmesan crusted pork tenderloin and the grilled pineapple.

Can anyone comment on the Seared Tuna steak at Cagney’s? I love Tuna steaks but hate to not have a steak at a steak restaurant.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I do not like tuna that is lightly seared and raw in the center. I ordered mine well done and it was dry. I wish I had extra sauce to juice it up.

The portion is decent.

• 2 weeks later...