cabin difference Royal minis M107, 108, L107, 108.

sun&sea

What are the differences in these cabins? Are the cabins different on one side or the other? How about the different decks?

Thanks,

Janet

If you do a search (on CC and Google) for those cabin numbers I believe there are numerous threads on them. They seem pretty popular. ;)

Check out the review we posted after our Royal cruise last December.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=522096

The balcony is ridiculously huge.

It felt bigger than a standard mini, but the corner configuration may have created that illusion.

If your goal is a mini-suite, these cabins are certainly worth considering.

Check out the review we posted after our Royal cruise last December.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=522096

The balcony is ridiculously huge.

It felt bigger than a standard mini, but the corner configuration may have created that illusion.

If your goal is a mini-suite, these cabins are certainly worth considering.

Princess' website says these balconies are only accessible when ship is in port. Is that accurate?

I guess I need to be more specific! I have looked at pictures and read a few reviews. Is one cabin better than another?? Are the Lido cabins larger than the Marina deck cabins? M107 looks like there is a stairway alongside the cabin, possibly making it smaller. I do see the M cabins have a bigger balcony, but are the cabins on lido deck a lot bigger?

We booked M107, but I was just curious if one of the other corner cabins came available, should I grab it? Just opinions please!

THANK YOU!

Janet

sun&sea -

As Colo mentions, the balcony is accessible.

If underway, the wind along the side of the balcony can be gusty at times.

Then again, depending on speed, direction of travel and wind direction it can be very calm.

We did notice that sitting out on the very forward facing part of the balcony we were shielded from the wind.

The angled face of the balcony tends to direct the wind upwards.

Generally, arriving or departing a port, it was very pleasant out on the balcony.

Unsure if there is a cabin size/layout difference between decks.

Is possible, simply because the angle of the ship structure would favor the Marina deck cabin by an additional foot or two.

No clue what that white space is next to M107.

The online deck plan drawings are only approximations, not to exact scale.

We board Royal on Saturday, staying in M102.

I'll see if I can sneak into one of the Marina cabins, probably M108.

Sneak picture or two and see how it compared in size/layout to our L108 cabin from last year?

The Room Stewart should be able to explain the white space.

If this would work for you, I could follow up again here when we return on Wednesday 12/21.

sun&sea -

Then again, depending on speed, direction of travel and wind direction it can be very calm.

We did notice that sitting out on the very forward facing part of the balcony we were shielded from the wind.

Generally, arriving or departing a port, it was very pleasant out on the balcony.

Is possible, simply because the angle of the ship structure would favor the Marina deck cabin by an additional foot or two.

Sneak picture or two and see how it compared in size/layout to our L108 cabin from last year?

If this would work for you, I could follow up again here when we return on Wednesday 12/21.

Thank you! That is very kind!:)

Janet

Other than the subtle differences in the air movement while underway, there shouldn't be much difference. Your choice might be focused on the deck level makes more sense to you and the ship's direction during the voyage.

If you want to witness the land going into and out of the ports, then look to see the route the ship is taking on the map and book a cabin on the land side. Cabin numbers ending in an odd number are on the right (starboard) side of the ship and an even number is the left (port) side. The carpeting on most all of the Princess ships in the cabin area is color coded with the starboard side having blue trim and the port side having red (port wine....)trim. The Royal class ships have the same color on both sides so this won't help you this question.

sun&sea -

Hi! We are glad to help out with the question too as we are in M108 starting Saturday!! Ask your specific questions about the rooms so I can check it out for you. Mike.....see you Saturday!

Emily

Edited by Clampram

sun&sea -

Mike, are you going to the Meet n Greet? If so, we are going to do a very informal cabin crawl following the meeting..........check our our roll call for more details and to sign up if you like.

I am looking forward to seeing other sized cabins.

Have a look at these YouTube videos:

Looks like the positions of the lounge area TV and the sliding door are switched, and the orientation of the bed is different. Difficult to compare the sizes from these videos, especially given that the M108 one is filmed in portrait mode, but to my eye L108 looks slightly bigger. I can't comment on whether these differences are ship-specific though, but maybe others can?

Edited by RedEarth

Have a look at these YouTube videos:

Looks like the positions of the lounge area TV and the sliding door are switched, and the orientation of the bed is different. Difficult to compare the sizes from these videos, especially given that the M108 one is filmed in portrait mode, but to my eye L108 looks slightly bigger. I can't comment on whether these differences are ship-specific though, but maybe others can?

Even though both L108 and M108 are categorized as Premium Mini-Suites, the video shows L108 as having Full Suite teak furniture on the balcony whereas M108 has blue fabric balcony furniture. The furniture in L108 is much nicer.

we were staying in M108 on Regal in April-May on Baltic cruise.

balcony is huge, the only problem we had with it - did not have a real chance to use it due to weather, furniture had been tied up for all 11 days.

bedroom felt a little tight as we had beds separated

we needed to keep window curtains closed after sundown as cabin is right above the bridge

I guess I need to be more specific! I have looked at pictures and read a few reviews. Is one cabin better than another?? Are the Lido cabins larger than the Marina deck cabins? M107 looks like there is a stairway alongside the cabin, possibly making it smaller. I do see the M cabins have a bigger balcony, but are the cabins on lido deck a lot bigger?

We booked M107, but I was just curious if one of the other corner cabins came available, should I grab it? Just opinions please!

THANK YOU!

Janet

We stayed in M107 and loved this cabin and would book it again. The cabins are the same size but our bedroom had more space than living area and no curtain to close off the two areas. The TV in room M107 is not close to the other TV as the other videos showed for L107. All the closet space is in the bedroom as opposed to right as you come in the door. The bed is also facing forward and no chair in room.

There is also more storage space under TV in bedroom in M107. Deck is only slightly covered and as you can see from videos, very large. We had the teak furniture on our balcony. From the balcony you can see forever, side to back of ship and every thing forward.

We have also stayed in forward facing balcony on both Lido and Marina.

I would not change from this cabin, but all things are relative. The closets and storage are all in the bedroom and the bathroom is around the corner. Lido is the reverse.

Have also checked out these other mini suites when we stayed in forward facing regular balcony.

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
I have read several threads about these cabins. I was trying to figure out if the cabins themselves were bigger/ better in any way. I can book M107 but just wondered if the other cabins were better in any way?

M107/108 are as good as it gets. We would take them over any suite on the ship. It's basically a suite with a standard mini suite bathroom but the deck trumps the suite for us.

Even though both L108 and M108 are categorized as Premium Mini-Suites, the video shows L108 as having Full Suite teak furniture on the balcony whereas M108 has blue fabric balcony furniture. The furniture in L108 is much nicer.

On the Royal M108, 30 Nov, the furniture is all wood. One round wood table with at least four wood padded chairs. Two wood padded recliner chairs. Two small wood end tables.

We will be back into M108 on the 29 Jan. cruise.

[quote=msw.delafield;51702084

QUOTE]

The white space is a doorway marked restricted, I assume it is a stairway down to the bridge.

The difference between the deck on M107 and M108 is that when you come out of the sliding glass door and turn right, for M107 you have a extra narrow strip (about 3 to 4 feet) of deck. It doesn't come into play but M107's deck is bigger.

For sail away in FLL, M108 is nicer.

Edited by Todd320

THANK YOU!

Janet

We have not stayed in L107/108 but we have spent time in them. We don't like the closet space in the hallway next to the entry door. When we have had that situation in other cabins it gums things up and is inconvenient.

M107 looks like there is a stairway alongside the cabin, possibly making it smaller.

THANK YOU!

Janet

Cabin M107 is not smaller because of the "white space". What takes up that "white space" for cabin M108 is a handicap balcony room which is wider than normal.