Reflection 11/26 Eastern Caribbean - Just back!

bhughey

Actually we are huge craft beer fans as well. Thanks so much for the suggestions. Are they walking distance from the port?

Yes, about a 10 minute walk. I just realized I was spelling the name wrong, it's La Taberna (with a "B") Lupulo. Good food, too!

We are doing the Eastern Caribbean sailing in March and am already looking forward to Lawn Club Grill for dinner one night and the fabulous burger at lunch. It's my understanding that it is only open on sea days...does that include the day we arrive later in the afternoon in San Juan? Can I get a great lunch at LCG before getting off the ship and heading into San Juan?

Thanks!

Susan

Did you notice a family scavenger hunt and/or family hour one evening in the Solarium? Thanks in advance...10 days and counting!

I will check the dailies this evening when I get home from work and report back!

We are doing the Eastern Caribbean sailing in March and am already looking forward to Lawn Club Grill for dinner one night and the fabulous burger at lunch. It's my understanding that it is only open on sea days...does that include the day we arrive later in the afternoon in San Juan? Can I get a great lunch at LCG before getting off the ship and heading into San Juan?

Thanks!

Susan

Yes, I believe so. I will check the dailies tonight when I get home from work. Also, Tuscan Grill offered a lunch menu on the final sea day as well. I wish I had checked it out.

Do you remember the name of the SOM in Cellar masters? Was it Steffania? We have a B2B 1/28 & 2/4, all these reviews are making me get excited for the trip

I don't remember her name, I'm afraid. Perhaps she was pulling double duty in the dining room as well... one never knows with the staffing on X. I know most bartenders have jobs in several of the bars.

Thanks for the info.

I'll be doing this cruise on 4/1 with my daughter, and very excited to be sailing with X again. It will be my first time on an S class ship, and look forward to experiencing a different ship and itinerary. (Our first time in St. Kitts.)

We did not attend any of the shows, but heard good things about Broken Strings and not so good things about MAXX. There was a comedian, AJ Jamal who did two headliner shows in the main theater. We did see the "late night/adult" comedian, Al Ducharme, in Celebrity Central (the smaller theater, which I really like), he was quite funny! Get there early, it fills up fast. I would also recommend "Hard Days Night" which is a Beatles tribute show. We unfortunately missed it, but they did another show in the Grand Foyer - they were awesome!

Re: ports, we've visited the ports many times before, so just kind of took it easy. We visited some of our favorite bars in San Juan, Orient Beach in SXM and stayed on board in St. Kitts (though I would recommend Cockleshell Beach). We loved all the seas days!

I also suggest lunch at The Lawn Club - this is a newer concept for the venue where they are open for lunch, serving "gourmet" style burgers. The toppings/flavor combos were delish, though our group thought the burgers were a bit overdone. In fact, we determined that pretty much throughout the ship, if you wanted something medium/medium rare, order it rare :)!

Enjoy the cruise!

Thank you for the insight. [emoji4][emoji1362]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Susan

Hello again,

I checked the daily for the stop in San Juan, and yes, the Lawn Club is open for lunch from 12-1:30. Enjoy!

Did you notice a family scavenger hunt and/or family hour one evening in the Solarium? Thanks in advance...10 days and counting!

Hi again!

Yes, there was a family scavenger hunt on the final sea day at 11:15am in the X club. There were a few other youth family events listed in the daily throughout the week, like Bingo, watercolor class, xbox gaming, etc. I did not see a family hour in the Solarium - each day the hours in the daily were listed as 7am - 10pm/11pm 16 and older.

We are sailing on the Reflection in 2/2017. First time with Celebrity. Are you permitted to carry any water/ drinks on board??? I may have a couple drinks per cruise= no need for a beverage package. We do like flavored water and my husband drinks a lot of tonic water( with quinine), helps with leg cramps when doing a lot of walking. Are there any regulations? Have you seen anyone carry on such.

Do you have to make reservations for lunch at the Lawn Club Grill?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

We did, and it was quite busy - so I would definitely suggest doing so, especially if there is a specific day/time you would like to go.

We are sailing on the Reflection in 2/2017. First time with Celebrity. Are you permitted to carry any water/ drinks on board??? I may have a couple drinks per cruise= no need for a beverage package. We do like flavored water and my husband drinks a lot of tonic water( with quinine), helps with leg cramps when doing a lot of walking. Are there any regulations? Have you seen anyone carry on such.

This I don't know... perhaps someone else can chime in?

B, how was the lighting at the dressing area mirror? Seems like it isn't bright enough to do makeup on this tired face [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lighting was fine... there is a light above the mirror. Also, in Aqua class there is a lighted make up mirror in the drawer, which I did not have to use.

This thread may answer your question:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1431480

We are sailing Reflection in 24 hours(!) and are planning on trying the "slap a luggage tag on a case a water" trick.

Happy cruising!