Who uses the dispenser shampoo?

Kinkacruiser

Male, full head of hair usually with a pre cruise cut. The dispenser shampoo is just liquid soap, it drys my hair which and makes it a mess. I always forget to bring my own, I mean every trip. If you're going to destinations where shampoo is not going to be easy to buy, I'd recommend to always take your own with conditioner.

Male, full head of hair usually with a pre cruise cut. The dispenser shampoo is just liquid soap, it drys my hair which and makes it a mess. I always forget to bring my own, I mean every trip. If you're going to destinations where shampoo is not going to be easy to buy, I'd recommend to always take your own with conditioner.

No, it isn't liquid soap. It doesn't dry your hair. It is the same basic formula as any shampoo - water and laureth sulphate. This is what shampoo actually is. There may be other ingredients, like fragrance and coloring, but this is essentially what shampoo and body wash is.

Your hair does not produce moisture. Your scalp does. Your hair is made up of dead (non-living) cells that are produced from your live hair follicles. Some products will coat your hair with a slippery substance, but nothing will actually penetrate your hair except bleach and hair dye, or chemical solutions that are used in perms.

The ship's shampoo will not damage your hair, though more expensive products might do a better job of removing the dirt and scalp oils. Standing out in the sun and wind on deck will do more damage to your hair than using the cheap ship's shampoo. Whoa, you did want to go on a cruise?;)

No, it isn't liquid soap. It doesn't dry your hair. It is the same basic formula as any shampoo - water and laureth sulphate. This is what shampoo actually is. There may be other ingredients, like fragrance and coloring, but this is essentially what shampoo and body wash is.

Your hair does not produce moisture. Your scalp does. Your hair is made up of dead (non-living) cells that are produced from your live hair follicles. Some products will coat your hair with a slippery substance, but nothing will actually penetrate your hair except bleach and hair dye, or chemical solutions that are used in perms.

The ship's shampoo will not damage your hair, though more expensive products might do a better job of removing the dirt and scalp oils. Standing out in the sun and wind on deck will do more damage to your hair than using the cheap ship's shampoo. Whoa, you did want to go on a cruise?;)

Lol yes, I love the Princess cruises .

I have the exact same experience with a bar of soap as I do princess shampoo when compared to store bought shampoo. And this was a question in my last princess cruise quiz, saponification, even the quiz master laughed about princess shampoo. It's just not for everyone, it doesn't hurt to take your own.

I always use the bar soap and the complimentary dispenser shampoo. Of course I don't much hair left, thus it really doesn't make much difference.

For those who concern themselves with sanitary conditions, I would worry more about hand held shower spray. Have you ever thought about where that has been???:eek:

I bring my own because I need conditioner. Their shampoo/conditioner combo doesn't work for my hair. I also bring my own soap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by dtb55

It's not the same as the shampoo that many of us (women) with long, color treated locks us. I use a gentle sulphate free shampoo and conditioner that does help my hair withstand damage from the processing, the blow dryer, and the flat iron. When I use a shampoo like the ones on the cruise ship, my hair feels like straw! It doesn't feel that way when I use my own. Say what you will about the differences, but there are many and they are real!

Add us to the growing list of those who do not like the dispensers in the shower.

We tried them the first time we cruised after they came out and found that we did not like to use them.

Each cruise since then we take our Soap On Rope that hangs from a suction cup on the shower wall. And, the Wife takes her shampoo and conditioner.

I also wondered what could end up in the containers if some Jerk had the cabin before us. :eek:

Bob

I always use the bar soap and the complimentary dispenser shampoo. Of course I don't much hair left, thus it really doesn't make much difference.

For those who concern themselves with sanitary conditions, I would worry more about hand held shower spray. Have you ever thought about where that has been???:eek:

Oh dear god, Not until now.

I've read lots of negative reports about the shower recess shampoo, so would like to know your honest opinion if you have used it and would continue to do so. Keen to hear from bboth ladies and gents.

Also, would you risk trialing it rather than packing your own?

Thanks in advance:).

The decreasing amount of hair I have makes it not much of an issue for me.....:D:D:D

Bob

The hand held shower nozzle is always useful after a visit to the toilet and I always use it for that purpose if fitted. It is very convenient and hygienic for cleaning certain areas of the body.

Only ever used the dispenser stuff once and that was enough. My long unruly hair ends up in a tangled mess of knots and dries with a wild 70s frizz. No longer a desirable look unfortunately. I always take my own shampoo and conditioner and so does almost baldie who travels with me.