Who uses the dispenser shampoo?

Kinkacruiser

I tried it once and that was enough. I have fine, naturally curly hair and need products that are smoothing and have body. For Princess cruises I will bring my own. If I have it I will bring leftover H20 products from another cruise line.

I Hate the shampoo because there is no conditioner and I can't untangle my hair. Bringing own conditioner solves it though.

It is a combination shampoo/conditioner and there have been many posts by women saying it does not work for their hair.

I've read lots of negative reports about the shower recess shampoo, so would like to know your honest opinion if you have used it and would continue to do so. Keen to hear from both ladies and gents.

Also, would you risk trialing it rather than packing your own?

Thanks in advance:).

No, we don't use the Princess dispensers. We bring our own and honestly it doesn't take up much room in our carry-ons. We prefer to use our own favorite shampoo ,conditioner ,and lotion when we travel on Princess or on land.

We do use the bar soap that Princess provides at the sink and in the shower.

Edited by arizonaperson

I prefer the small containers that you find in hotels opposed to a dispenser on the wall. The dispenser on the wall is susceptible to other people placing certain bodily fluids into it as a joke. I once saw a television documentary on SBS Australia about hygiene in hotels and upon testing the contents of soap dispensers they found semen, urine among other things. Also those nuts you find on bar tables in the small jars also contain the same as well as fecal traces.

The information is out there and the world is full of germs! Better get used to it.

I prefer the small containers that you find in hotels opposed to a dispenser on the wall. The dispenser on the wall is susceptible to other people placing certain bodily fluids into it as a joke. I once saw a television documentary on SBS Australia about hygiene in hotels and upon testing the contents of soap dispensers they found semen, urine among other things. Also those nuts you find on bar tables in the small jars also contain the same as well as fecal traces.

The information is out there and the world is full of germs! Better get used to it.

OMG! I live in China where there are crotchless baby pants, spitting is the 'national sport' and the floor is the garbage can. How is it I'm still alive?

I have had dispenser stuff in hotels, combined with the hard water, that refused to suds up at all. Smelled like cheap coconut tanning oil the entire day. Is the Princess dispenser stuff really that sub-par?

We have sailed in full suites for some time and always thought the "Upgraded Bathroom Amenities" was well, kind of a joke. Not that it's bad but it is just shampoo...

I have had dispenser stuff in hotels, combined with the hard water, that refused to suds up at all. Smelled like cheap coconut tanning oil the entire day. Is the Princess dispenser stuff really that sub-par?

We have sailed in full suites for some time and always thought the "Upgraded Bathroom Amenities" was well, kind of a joke. Not that it's bad but it is just shampoo...

For sure. :(

I forgot my conditioner last time. Ended up paying $8 for a bottle in St. Marten as I could not handle another day. Even with only 2 sea days left.

The onboard shampoo wrecks my hair, so I could definitely see me doing this, and 8.00 for conditioner in St. Marteen doesn't surprise me at all. I paid 6.00 for cuticle scissors and 4.00 for a small box of cereal 23 years ago while we were on vacation there.