Bringing Wine Onboard & Corkage - Still Conflicting Info on This

Hi, I know this has been done to death but I feel there is still no clear direction on this. I keep reading that you are able to bring onboard 2 bottles of wine per stateroom (no grey there) AND also can take them to the dining room and there is no corkage charged. However for my upcoming cruise (Explorer OTS South Pacific) my cruise documentation says that corkage will be charged.

Alcoholic Beverage Policy

Guests are now allowed to bring onboard on embarkation

day only two bottles (75cl) of wine or champagne

per stateroom. These are for consumption within the

stateroom. To consume these in any public area a corkage

fee will be charged.

Does it make a difference if the cruise is based in Australia?

Part of the reason for the confusion is that people think the rules on one line apply to other lines.

And even that different answers are given in threads here!

The corkage fee was officially dropped in 2014.

You can refer to this for official reference on their website:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=5442&faqSubjectId=336&wuc=AUS

Note that is the Australian FAQ for any doubt it may be different locally. However the policy is in effect globally.

And even that different answers are given in threads here!

The corkage fee was officially dropped in 2014.

You can refer to this for official reference on their website:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=5442&faqSubjectId=336&wuc=AUS

Note that is the Australian FAQ for any doubt it may be different locally. However the policy is in effect globally.

OK thanks for that! So looks like they just haven't updated the cruise doco.

Extract from Celebrity FAQ taken today:

Q: Can I bring alcoholic beverages on board?

A: No beer or hard liquor may be brought onboard for consumption. If you wish to bring personal wine onboard with you on the day you board your cruise, you may do so, limited to two (2) 750ml bottles per stateroom. When enjoyed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.

Extract from Celebrity FAQ taken today:

Q: Can I bring alcoholic beverages on board?

A: No beer or hard liquor may be brought onboard for consumption. If you wish to bring personal wine onboard with you on the day you board your cruise, you may do so, limited to two (2) 750ml bottles per stateroom. When enjoyed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.

OP is on Explorer of the Seas which is Royal. I know some of the policies are similar as they are both owned by RCL but Royal and Celebrity are different in many ways as well.

Royal hasn't been charging corkage in the MDR or Specialty Restaurants for quite some time. We are on board the Radiance now and it is still the case.

Cheers

Di

We are on Voyager now having been to the South Pacific & Fiji. We have taken our own wine to the dining room and no corkage fee.