Independence lounge change

NYCrews

We just got off Indy too this morning and whilst the Diamond Lounge was absolutely packed between 5-6pm, we thought it did quieten down considerably from 6pm. They actually had pre-poured glasses of wine at the front door on trays to alleviate standing in line to be served. We thought Iliana and the servers did a fantastic job trying to keep everyone happy - there was one very large group who wanted "their tables" set up and ready for them every evening, but it certainly didn't bother us, everyone is on vacation and it is nice to see folks enjoying themselves and each other's company. The concierge lounge was also full on most evenings. We had a great 5 days on Indy.

As is often the case, we got different information last night - which makes more sense: The Diamond Lounge will eventually return to where the Diamond Lounge was. The Suite Lounge will take over Seven of Hearts and Cloud Nine. The current Concierge Club will probably become the new Library/Card Room and the old Library will become staterooms. This seems like the same plan from Liberty, so it sounds more likely.

As is often the case, we got different information last night - which makes more sense: The Diamond Lounge will eventually return to where the Diamond Lounge was. The Suite Lounge will take over Seven of Hearts and Cloud Nine. The current Concierge Club will probably become the new Library/Card Room and the old Library will become staterooms. This seems like the same plan from Liberty, so it sounds more likely.

Just what is needed.:rolleyes:

This is what we heard on the TA. The diamond lounge has moved to the seven of hearts & cloud nine while the diamond lounge is shut so they can fit the scrubbers on the starboard side, when they are fitted the diamond lounge will open again.

That's the same configuration as the Liberty, so it seems like a logical conclusion her sister ships will end up repeating those modifications.

Just a side note...I had forgotten how small the old CL was until I stuck my head in there last week when I was on the Liberty. No wonder there were so many suite and upper tier loyalty people complaining!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is going to be a true bummer, and I hope whatever modifications have been made to the Independence diamond club are nice, and make you feel welcome. It took me over 10 years to reach diamond status, and my inaugural cruise as diamond was on Adventure... and the concierge was wonderful, and the club was really nice, and then we sailed on serenade 6 weeks ago, and the club was really small - and had to overflow into the viking crown lounge... which was ok, except that there was a large group of travelers who had parties every night in viking crown (RCI approved), which made the use of the diamond club impossible. I don't sail in a suite, so I'm going to feel "put out" after being loyal to royal for a very long time, if they scrimp on the diamond club. I'm not a big drinker, nor eater, so I didn't go there for free drinks - I went for a lovely visit with other frequent cruisers, and to have a cocktail before dinner. Usually while the ship was initially sailing from the port - a very nice, relaxing, pleasant experience. Leaving in 3 weeks for a New Year's cruise... so we'll see how their renovations are going!

This is going to be a true bummer, and I hope whatever modifications have been made to the Independence diamond club are nice, and make you feel welcome. It took me over 10 years to reach diamond status, and my inaugural cruise as diamond was on Adventure... and the concierge was wonderful, and the club was really nice, and then we sailed on serenade 6 weeks ago, and the club was really small - and had to overflow into the viking crown lounge... which was ok, except that there was a large group of travelers who had parties every night in viking crown (RCI approved), which made the use of the diamond club impossible. I don't sail in a suite, so I'm going to feel "put out" after being loyal to royal for a very long time, if they scrimp on the diamond club. I'm not a big drinker, nor eater, so I didn't go there for free drinks - I went for a lovely visit with other frequent cruisers, and to have a cocktail before dinner. Usually while the ship was initially sailing from the port - a very nice, relaxing, pleasant experience. Leaving in 3 weeks for a New Year's cruise... so we'll see how their renovations are going!

We were on Serenade the last two weeks (last Friday) and thought both Clubs to be quite roomy???

Edited by troykahack

We too just got off Indy yesterday and found the diamond concierge very steril as far as her personality. Hardly looked up from her computer to say hello. We did enjoy a quiet place late in the evening and early morning, however! Great views too, although I wish the balcony had been open.

My wife and I will be joining everyone on this crossing. Did the crossing on the Oasis, Allure and Harmony and thought it would be nice to go back to a smaller class of ship. We are also doing the west bound crossing on The Jewel of the Seas in November 2017. See you in April Brian

My wife and I will be joining everyone on this crossing. Did the crossing on the Oasis, Allure and Harmony and thought it would be nice to go back to a smaller class of ship. We are also doing the west bound crossing on The Jewel of the Seas in November 2017. See you in April Brian

Hi Brian and welcome,

Please feel free to join the roll call for our sailing - http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2323995&page=24

Adam

To be exact as of the 4/3/16 cruise on the Liberty the D+ were no longer allowed into the SL.

Doing a b2b2b cruise right now on the Liberty and both lounges have been packed along with the Olive or Twist (Viking Crown area). With 48 Pinnacles on board the SL is so full that they finally moved the Suite/Pinnacle Party out of the lounge to the Star Lounge. Also, the HD himself, moved most of the chairs from the outside balcony into the SL for more seating and placed them in a large circle so that the Pinnacles could all be together if wanted.

Carla