NCL to CCL adjustment

Seafan22

• 2 weeks later...
And the Escape is one of the bigger ships. I was on the Sun last year and no reservations were ever required for entertainment. Only the big ships (Epic and up) require reservations and the Epic actually has a standby line for those who didn't make reservations.

Just my opinion, but having a reservation for a show is better than standing in a long line on the Vista and never getting close to getting a seat.

I've not been on NCL in four years. I've read above how people have to pre-book seats at shows. When did they start this? The two NCL cruises I've been on, suite guests could pre-book seats in special sections through the concierge, but us minions just showed up and grabbed a seat. Has that changed? If so, I may not head back to NCL...

On the larger NCL ships you will need to pre-book the shows. I have been on the Gem and the Jade within the last 6 months and you didn't have to pre-book.

I wouldn't be surprised if Carnival started to do pre-booking shows on the Sunshine and Vista. The theaters are horrible on those ships.

No, on the Escape earlier this year, ALL of the shows were reservation required regardless of the venue.

I believe that you're right. That is what I have heard from fellow cruisers on my last NCL cruise.

Edited by carynh

Just my opinion, but having a reservation for a show is better than standing in a long line on the Vista and never getting close to getting a seat.

Your sailing was an exception (with the 900 TA's). We went to every show on our sailing and the theater was NEVER full, let alone a long line. Pre booking shows (like RCCL and NCL do) is reminiscent of a Disney trip, one step above a colonoscopy in my book..... Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by jimbo5544

I agree. If a ship has a reservation system I'm going to take advantage of it but I can understand why Carnival wouldn't want to spend the money for the infrastructure. Long lines don't bother Carnival.