Uptown Grill or Margaritaville on Breakaway?

jdro

I can't speak for the Breakaway or all Escape sailings, but I was on the Escape last week and I NEVER saw anybody eating at Margaritaville. I saw people sitting there, but they were playing games, reading, etc. IMO this is a waste of prime ship real estate. Much preferred the Spanish inspired INCLUDED venue on Getaway. I'm not sure why people would spend money in Margaritaville. If you want a cheeseburger, the one in O'Sheehan's is great as are the fries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Chigirlcruzin

It kind of surprises me how lightly used Margaritaville is on both Escape and Breakaway. The foods fine and well priced and it's well located. I can understand a backlash from CC types, but would expect normal people to flock to it. It is a great location for a complementary downsized breakfast buffet though. NCL can't be happy with their customers' lack of enthusiasm for it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I ate at Margaritaville a couple times on Getaway. Besides the special sauce you get and asking how you would like it cooked, the burger and fries my friend had looked identical to the one I had in O'Sheehans for free. The only things I bought were conch fritters and key lime pie, two things I didn't see elsewhere on the ship, and both were good.

• 2 weeks later...

just off the BA and i have to say i am not happy with the limited hours. if they were open longer i would have gone 2 times at least. they do adjust the time if you are in port then open at 430 to 900 or so but still, i feel for a pay restaurant it should be open 'all the time' so we can pay!

I was surprised as well how few people actually ate at Margaritaville. We ate there a few times. I find it hard to believe that much profit would come from it. The prices were reasonable, food was good but the decor said little about it being Margaritaville. I agree the hours were quite limited. Its presence on the Breakaway doesn't seem to make much sense.

Sorry to hear that it already changed over....

I recently cruised on Carnival's new Vista, and got to sample their highly touted Guy's burger's...IMHO, the ones served at the former Uptown Grill on the Breakaway put Guy's to shame...and the fries as well.

So I suppose in January, I'll get my burger's at O'Sheehans...;)

I wonder how much of the licensing fee they pay to Jimmy Buffet to use the Margaritaville name, is recouped by sales on board?:rolleyes:

Margaritaville is open and wonderful. A much better use of that underutilized space.

Yes, M'Ville provides a gorgeous view of the (busy) Jogging Track as well as the Rock Climbing Wall will sitting at a table in an (under utilized), paying venue in (non climate controlled) comfort! :mad: