12pack Bottled Water Price Has Increased

MtnDweller

There's actually a Sticky at the top. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2430498

I don't drink bottled water, but I guess it's still a good deal compared to when you go onshore and it's like $1 a bottle.

ACK! Sorry, about that. I never look at the stickies at the top as they usually never change.

$4.50 is still a good price and for us a necessity since the ship's water is terrible.

You do know bottled water is filled from the local municipal water supply. And God only knows where this off brand if from.

TO each his own, but the water on the ship is most likely cleaner that the stuff they are giving you in a bottle (out of the spigot on the lido deck, not the cabins).

You do know bottled water is filled from the local municipal water supply. And God only knows where this off brand if from.

TO each his own, but the water on the ship is most likely cleaner that the stuff they are giving you in a bottle (out of the spigot on the lido deck, not the cabins).

Not the bottled water that CCL sells, or at least not the bottled water that we received on Fascination. It was purified spring water from a spring in Florida. (And FWIW DW hates all water and will never drink it plain, but she did like this water so much that she did drink it plain.)

Edited by sparks1093

A simple Ginnie Springs Florida search produced many images like this so we're basically buying natural swimming pond water. Ginnie Springs is a recreational resort and has caves to dive and they sell the water in the gift shop and to us presumably.

348s.jpg

There is something to be said for consistency. Let's start with the basics, have you had the bottled water?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A simple Ginnie Springs Florida search produced many images like this so we're basically buying natural swimming pond water. Ginnie Springs is a recreational resort and has caves to dive and they sell the water in the gift shop and to us presumably.

348s.jpg

Reversed osmosis is all you need to know. Yuck. They do the same thing on the ship.

Years ago I remember sitting with a Pepsi vendor setting up their water (Dasani?), and asking him where does the water come from. He said "You don't want to know, but it's basically the same source as your tap water".

Reversed osmosis is all you need to know. Yuck. They do the same thing on the ship.

Years ago I remember sitting with a Pepsi vendor setting up their water (Dasani?), and asking him where does the water come from. He said "You don't want to know, but it's basically the same source as your tap water".

I think Pepsi is Aquafina, Dasani may be a Coke product. I'm sure the Ginnie Spring water comes from the same aquifer as the water shown in the above picture, I doubt it comes from that exact place.

I'm sure the Ginnie Spring water comes from the same aquifer as the water shown in the above picture, I doubt it comes from that exact place.

It's all part of the same ecosystem even if they don't tap it from under the feet of the people in the photo like the woman in this sign :)

ginnie9-06-38.JPG

Whatever the source, I trust commercially bottle water more than the ship's water. Remember there are several different water systems on the ship: drinking water, pool/slide water, cleaning water, gray water, and of course sewage. I am afraid there is also the small chance of cross contamination. I am not overly concerned with this but we do drink bottled water while onboard for safety and more importantly for taste.

I know there are a lot of people boycotting bottle water for environmental reasons and I actually agree that bottle water is resulting in a lot of unnecessary waste and expense. Well, it is income for some. My wife works at an elementary school where they sell bottle water to students for $1.00 but they only pay $.10 per bottle.

Edited by Purvis1231
typo

That may be he case but my tap water smells even though we are on city water. Bottled water doesn't have a funky smell so we buy bottled.

I don't know why some are so bothered by the fact that some don't want to drink tap water. Lots of things are ok to drink but that doesn't mean I like the taste so I pick something I do like.

It's all part of the same ecosystem even if they don't tap it from under the feet of the people in the photo like the woman in this sign :)

ginnie9-06-38.JPG

Yes, I said that when I said the water comes from the same aquifer;) (and the water is purified before it is bottled to remove any contaminants).

Edited by sparks1093

Whatever the source, I trust commercially bottle water more than the ship's water. Remember there are several different water systems on the ship: drinking water, pool/slide water, cleaning water, gray water, and of course sewage. I am afraid there is also the small chance of cross contamination. I am not overly concerned with this but we do drink bottled water while onboard for safety and more importantly for taste.

The pipes from the different systems are not connected to other systems so there is no danger of cross contamination.

There are no safety issues. If you are concerned I don't know how you eat anything onboard because the same water is used to cook.

There is a poster that has given some pretty lengthy explanations on ships water systems, I'm having a brain fart and can't remember his screen name at the moment, but if you do a search you will find one of many threads he has posted in.