RCL changed my price after booking!

When I book (always direct with Royal/Celebrity CVP) I insist they remain on phone with me until I receive my confirmation via email. Have never had an issue but always have my printed copy in my files, just in case. I guess it's the old CYA.

Same thing happened to me. I "held" the reservation and when I went to make the deposit the price had gone up by about $300 I think. Good thing I had taken a screenshot of the original price to text to my partner when we were discussing the trip. Otherwise I might have thought I was confused and paid the new price. I called and they said the discounts had changed when I went to make the payment. They reversed the changes and gave me the original price. So I made the deposit and then I went on to modify the dinner seating and room arrangement. When I got back to the main reservation page SURPRISE! They had automatically added the pre-paid gratuity to the cruise price. I'm going to have to call again and get that removed. Honestly I don't know if this stuff is done on purpose or not but this is my first cruise on Royal Caribbean and all of these "mistakes" seem extremely sketchy. I was really tempted to cancel out of anger.

... Honestly I don't know if this stuff is done on purpose or not but this is my first cruise on Royal Caribbean and all of these "mistakes" seem extremely sketchy. I was really tempted to cancel out of anger.

I would more apt to think these were random glitches if at least half the time the price went down by mistake.

I would more apt to think these were random glitches if at least half the time the price went down by mistake.

Hmm, any chance the CC community could get together and begin officially documenting all these incidents, and file a class-action lawsuit for negligence or fraud in the "mysterious" and ongoing loss of previously-applied discounts/upward repricing? (IANAL and may not have any idea what I'm talking about. :rolleyes:)

Dear Mr. ______:

Thank you for your email.

Please be advised, we have contacted our Resolutions Department on your behalf who adjusted the pricing on your reservation back to a total of $1567.06, balance due of $1037.06. Additionally, we have sent a booking invoice to the email address provided on your behalf noting the corrections made. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences caused and appreciate your patience.

As you prepare for your cruise vacation, we wanted to make you aware that Royal Caribbean International will no longer allow Samsung Galaxy Note 7 cell phones onboard our ships. This decision was made in light of recent incidents and safety concerns raised by Samsung about this particular device, as well as the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) recent ban of the phone from all airplanes. We will be asking guests who own a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to not bring the device on their cruise. Thank you for your understanding.

Royal Caribbean International brings Caribbean getaways to a whole new level as the recently-enhanced Empress of the Seas returns to the fleet. Take in the sun at the tranquil Solarium pool, enjoy a meal at our signature steakhouse, Chops Grille, or climb high in the air with the sea at your back on our Rock Climbing Wall. The onboard experience is lively and casual, and the weekend never ends. No matter how you spend your cruise vacation, you are sure to love your time on the Empress of the Seas.

Mr. _____, thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International. As a Platinum Crown & Anchor guest we appreciate your continued loyalty and look forward to welcoming you aboard the Empress of the Seas in April.

Sincerely,"

Please be advised, we have contacted our Resolutions Department on your behalf who adjusted the pricing on your reservation back to a total of $1567.06, balance due of $1037.06. ...

So, no mention of the $1000 gift card?

Has happened to me many times (20+) since I'm on "My Cruise" a lot. I just call C&A and get it fixed. The error has never been a decrease in price......so Bob is correct!

Wonder how many passengers just pay it thinking they were confused or just don't realize the price increased on them?? This has been going on way too long........

This thread prompted me to check my balance, realizing that it may trigger a "glitch". No glitches thus far. Perhaps because I paid the whole cruise immediately and my balance is $0. If I booked further in advance, I would be very concerned if the price changed. I wonder how many people were affected by this. Perhaps a compilation of those affected would not be a bad idea.

Has happened to me many times (20+) since I'm on "My Cruise" a lot. I just call C&A and get it fixed. The error has never been a decrease in price......so Bob is correct!

Wonder how many passengers just pay it thinking they were confused or just don't realize the price increased on them?? This has been going on way too long........

The "bug" probably has it's own profit center.:rolleyes:

It's possible that whoever applied the certificate accidentally added $1,000 instead of subtracting, perhaps? I've never known any company who sells things online or over the phone to not send a receipt by email. Maybe you'll find they sent one and it's in your spam.

EDITED: I got caught up on the thread and see the issue was resolved. I would make sure you call tomorrow ASAP to be sure that when they fixed the pricing they didn't erase the record of your certificate. Did you have to mail the certificate or just give them a certificate #? Hopefully just the #, because if you mailed it, got no confirmation that they received or applied it, and they have now overridden the pricing, I would be in a panic.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ColoradoGurl

After my email about the price increase rcl have sent me a new invoice which now includes the gratuities ? is that normal procedure now ?

It's certainly not normal for US bookings. Not sure about UK bookings, but I don't recall UK bookings being required to prepay gratuities.

is it because we have my time dining ? its not a problem anyway as its only a 4 night cruise might as well pre pay it at least i know what the increase in the price is

It could be that the computer system automatically added gratuities because you have My Time dining. However, prepaid gratuities are no longer mandatory with My Time, so you should be able to contact whoever booked your cruise and have them removed if you wish.

This just happened to me. almost 1000$ difference and they took my 75$ on board credit. The rep wouldn't reinstate my credit even with the letter I have from booking. She assured me i was not entitled to my obc with the cyber sale.

As someone who used to build these types of systems I can assure you that the middle upper tier of executives are aware of this issue however it is not fixed because it doesn't cost them money, in fact they actually make money with plasluseable deniability. This should be brought to some sort of news outlets and made more known. RCCL is literally robbing their customers. 100% guaranteed that if a news outlets ran a story telling consumers to be careful about their RCCL cruise pricing it would be fixed within a week.

Same thing happened to me this week. Booked a cruise with 2 promos and a resident discount, but didn't get a confirmation number, which I thought was odd but not too concerning. I had a reservation number and could pull it up, so figured the e-mail servers were backed up. Checked the next day- still no email. Logged in and the rate went up $650. I quickly figured out it was because the promos got stripped out. I had a tab opened from the previous night that mentioned needing proof of residency for the discount, but not when I opened the reservation in a new tab. Fortunately, all the promos were still live on the RCL website so it was easy for the phone agent to fix the issue and get my original pricing back.

Wow, I spoke too soon. Clicking around the "My Cruises" links, I hit a "can't process your request at this time" error, then boom, promos stripped out and the price went up again. Oy! At least this time I've got an e-mail confirmation, which is good since some of the promos I booked under aren't live anymore.

Does anyone have this problem after paying in full? I may do that after getting this cleared up again.

Edited by LizzyDragon

Wow, I spoke too soon. Clicking around the "My Cruises" links, I hit a "can't process your request at this time" error, then boom, promos stripped out and the price went up again. Oy! At least this time I've got an e-mail confirmation, which is good since some of the promos I booked under aren't live anymore.

Does anyone have this problem after paying in full? I may do that after getting this cleared up again.

Yes, people have reported the "glitch" after being paid in full.

This happened to me too...

I fortunately had my invoice that had been mailed to me, but the total had changed by nearly $500 for 3 people on a 4-night cruise! :eek:

I'm so frustrated lately by the Royal Caribbean booking process. If I need any help over the phone (for an issue such as this), or inquiring about an upgrade, etc., it seems to take forever. The last three times I've called, the call has required me to speak with 3 different reps and last anywhere from 45 minutes - 1 hour and 20 minutes! :mad:

This still couldn't figure out the change in my pricing today, or why it happened...

Yes it has happened to me after my cruise was paid in full. Sadly more than once;);):(