Star azipod propulsion problem

Circusboy354

The communication issue for our cruise 5th Jan seems to be dependent on who you booked through. Direct through NCL Aus office has been good from my experience. Personally I'm glad you had a great time and you got to go back to your wife's origins.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So if communication with ncl Australia has been good can you tell me why:

1. You have a different itinerary to what is on ncl.com?

2. Why non Australian bookings are not allowed to cancel?

3. Why the refund offer is so much lower than the previous cruises?

4. When is the azipod issue likely to be fixed?

5. When can we book shore excursions?

6. Why ncl is not sending messages especially as they have a messaging function within their online check in requirements?

7. Will ncl be offering more shore excursions than usual given that it is impossible to book private excursions as we don't know what the real itinerary is likely to be?

8. Will any cancelled port charges be refunded?

Thanks

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

6. Why ncl is not sending messages especially as they have a messaging function within their online check in requirements?

7. Will ncl be offering more shore excursions than usual given that it is impossible to book private excursions as we don't know what the real itinerary is likely to be?

Thanks

TEAMFLAMES: regarding #7 -- at twice the cost of private excursions :eek: Looking forward to meeting you onboard ... BettyNL

We received a 4th itinerary this morning showing the previous version 3 itinerary. I also checked the NCL website and it showed what BettyNL says. We've emailed NCL who confirmed they sent the wrong one out to us this morning and the version 3 one is correct. Crystal clear! NCL communications are laughable.

Thanks

Decided to delete my answer. I just want a fun holiday!

Edited by karoo

Decided to delete my answer. I just want a fun holiday!

By what you have written I am assuming you think I am being rude. I was not, I have written the same questions to ncl and have not received a reply.

You were suggesting that ncl Australia have been really helpful so I was hoping you could answer my queries or get ncl Aus to do it.

I am going to have a good time too because I probably won't go ashore and will just treat it as a repositioning cruise with a drinks package ... that might be different if I had the answers.

By what you have written I am assuming you think I am being rude. I was not, I have written the same questions to ncl and have not received a reply.

You were suggesting that ncl Australia have been really helpful so I was hoping you could answer my queries or get ncl Aus to do it.

I am going to have a good time too because I probably won't go ashore and will just treat it as a repositioning cruise with a drinks package ... that might be different if I had the answers.

Apologies - I didn't ask NCL those questions when I rang as they weren't things that overly concerned me. I did ask about shore excursions and was told they were still organizing changes with the tour operators. The website is always behind. I've had changed itineraries before that weren't reflected on the website. I also was on the Sun this year to Alaska where the tour operators told us we had a changed itinerary, the longshoremen knew and yet we weren't told until we boarded. Maybe my expectations aren't that high- I'm assuming the two emails I got were correct. If not and there is a third itinerary then I would agree communication was poor as I didn't receive a third itinerary.

This should be the correct one....but let's wait and see.

I went into Ripleys Believe It Or Not today in Singapore....and there was a picture of NCL!

Good One !! :D:D

Actually two movies were on tv about us: VOYAGE OF THE DAMNED & SHIP OF FOOLS :eek::eek:

After telling NCL UK there was anther itineray 4 days ago which they flatly dismissed and said the two days in Singapore was correct...........Guess what !!! Just received the itinerary Ogie has posted...... The one i'd seen ages ago which was dated as far back as the 27th December.......More ammunition to throw at NCL when i get back home from this cruise........They are totally incompetent !! How can you plan a cruise when you can't rely on the itinerary NCL says is correct when it's not and you have to come on cruise critic to get the right answer ??

Edited by Aburn09

Further to that, we received an itinerary from NCL UK on Jan 2nd stating another itinerary but dated before the one I received on the 30th Dec. We told NCL that we thought it was out of date to which a day later they said "oh yes you are correct, I hadn't opened my emails from after the Holiday break, sorry". NCL aspire to the heady heights of being incompetent. [emoji23]

I've just been on to the NCL website to check if the itinerary has been updated and it shows the one above....please god I hope it's wrong! It's been incorrect for the last 3 weeks after each change (3 changes) so let's hope they are following form! If it's correct this is nothing more than a ferry crossing to Hong Kong, stopping over in Vietnam.

You know you are in trouble when the last Azi quits and the Captain sounds

the horn - No not the 7 short and 1 long but the 7 long and 1 short with

instructions to go to your muster station and life boats are lowered and the

crew is handing out oars they are going to hook up tow ropes to the life boats

and oars men (and women) are going to pull the ship into port by muscle oar power.

None of this Carnival Triumph stuff dead in the water trying to rig up white

sheets as sail power - that sure worked didn't it !

Oh and say Aye to Captain Jack Sparrow if you see him - I like these fantasy

episodes - NCL has been running the STAR around in circles waiting for the

Big Fix - When oh when is that going to happen ?

BUT NCL whatever you do - do not abandon the STAR in a salvage yard the

Chinese will duplicate it down to the last rivet and have a fleet of STARs

sailing before the NCL JOY even plots a course to Hong Kong.

All in light humor - wait for the next faux cruise critic broadcast report !

So what is an Azi anyway ? LOL !

Are we there Yet - have we sailed ?

Edited by don't-use-real-name

• 3 weeks later...

Lovely having a overnight stop. Time to take in everything. We have been on the flyer and spent the afternoon in the Gardens by the Bay. Drinking wine at the top of the biggest super tree. Exploring old Singapore tomorrow. Very hot but overcast here. Happy ship waiting for us.

• 3 weeks later...

3 strikes and it's out! I've always said they shouldn't keep going on one azopod, puts too much pressure on it so it will go bad. They need to buck up and take it out of service and fix it right.

Edited by Peripatos