Star azipod propulsion problem

Circusboy354

It has been posted on the 5th January roll call.

I can't find any change in the itinerary yet from the last one with two nights in Singapore on the 5th Jan ? I looked on my NCL booking itineray and no change there either ?

What is the new itinerary now if it has changed again ??

Can anyone confirm what i've read in that on the 10th December those on board got 100% refund and 50% off another cruise.... ....The 22nd December passengers if they chose to cruise got 50% discount off the cruise and 50% off a future cruise ?

If that's correct why is my cruise 5th January only getting 20% off the cruise if we sail ? Doesn't sound fair to me ??

Hi all,

Just logged on to NCL.com. Itinerary still shows the same as before (version 2).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The second edition of the revised itinerary is loaded on the 5th January cruise roll call, together with lots of discussion. Have you looked there? 0b72fce93324c3217879119dc2516aae.jpg

Hi all,

Apparently it's been updated in the US as they were back to work yesterday. The European side of NCL was still on Xmas shutdown yesterday so that might explain why there is a delay in getting the revised itinerary out perhaps?

Come on NCL it's a small world now in communications....someone press a button!

I've been pushed back and forth between my travel agent and NCL customer service.......If i take the 20% cruise discount that's been offered if i go on the cruise it out works out at £146.50pp which is pathetic as we have paid £1598pp to go on this cruise !!

NCL won't commit to whether they will refund the full amount ie £1598pp until I've cancelled the entire holiday !!.........I can't do that as we will then be left with no holiday at all and then we could be seriously out of pocket if they decide to just refund the cruise only amount so we are being forced whether we like it or not to take the NCL cruise !!!!

This all has been handled very badly by NCL and would make me think twice about booking with them again !!!

Please don't encourage that! After all don't shoot the messengers, they just work for the company! I'm on that cruise, always attend the M&G and can think of nothing worse than irate people attending who only want to air their grievances. I'm hoping our meeting will be the typical pleasant get together I'm used to experiencing.

On another topic I have just had a new itinerary emailed out by NCL for the January 5th cruise. We are leaving Singapore at 6pm, on time Day 1. Nha Trang is back, but we arrive in Ho Chi Min later -3pm. My guess is the overnight in Singapore was scheduled incase the part needed was ready, overnight in Ho Chi Min to work on the Azipod. I'm thinking it's not ready so there's no reason to stay overnight in Singapore. (Just guessing as I'm not an engineer and I love Cheng and co's technical explanations). Either way-I'm looking forward to my mystery cruise. It could be interesting and hopefully there will still be plenty of fun, happy people onboard. After all I don't travel to escape life I travel so that life doesn't escape me! I'm still on a cruise where apart from Hong Kong and the Singapore Airport(Changi) I haven't seen before!:)

Please do try to help your fellow C.C. members at the M&G.

NCL does say they want to hear our problems on the ship.

And Those Messengers, Well they might have a clue on what's happening about the ship that broke that they were operating .

I am on January 16 cruise it looks like they have not fix the problems. Do anyone knows can they make every port from Singapore to Australia with the slow speed of the Stars.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I believe they think the final fixes will be accomplished during the 2-day Singapore port call.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

I am advised that "The Federal Maritime Commission" Is an organisation which specifically helps to resolve disputes involving cruise vessel operators and passengers...I understand several passengers have already contacted them to express their concerns

For a cruise that does not call at any US ports, or that doesn't involve unfair practices against US flag cruise ship operations in the area of the world involved, I don't believe the FMC has any jurisdiction to involve itself with this issue.

For those thinking of taking the time to write an email to NCL guest services about the poor way they have handled the paltry 20% cruise only discount they are offering on the 5th January cruise all i can say is don't waste your time as i have written two different emails to them over the last week and got exactly the same word perfect email response !! It looks like one automated email from NCL fits all enquiries ?? This just shows what little regard they have for us fare paying passengers !!

Edited by Aburn09

We haven't got the 3rd itinerary change yet either ?........At this rate it could be a mystery cruise.......who knows where we'll end up ?

I'd be sacking my TA. By booking direct with NCL you get total refund if you want to cancel and instant emails. Your TA obviously doesn't want to lose your booking/commission.

I'd be sacking my TA. By booking direct with NCL you get total refund if you want to cancel and instant emails. Your TA obviously doesn't want to lose your booking/commission.

No total refund for cancelling UK bookings (and OP is from UK).:mad:

Edited by SteveH2508

We booked direct with NCL and communication has been nothing short of shambolic. We heard of 3rd itinerary change on here, two days before NCL UK knew anything about it. We only had official confirmation from them this morning.

So,,, you were notified. That the bottom line.

And you understand that different people booked through different offices and different systems. And that notifications to non-US passengers is often "customised" to the customers booking through,,, say the U.K. Office. So,,, I assume that you understand that notifications to all passengers can't be done instantaneously through all systems at the same time to 2000 passengers. So,,, a 2 day lag from the primary guest services office to a remote office should be expected. Nothing shambolic about that.

However, when I ring UK NCL stating that a change has appeared on a forum thread and can they confirm if this is the case.....but they can't?!! Alexander Graham Bell would turn in his grave! A simple phone call to the US office to confirm surely doesn't take 2 days?! If the cruise were 3 months down the line it wouldn't be an issue....but 6 days before it departs....I would expect a degree of urgency. That's shambolic in my book!

I've just got this reply from NCL it looks like they have finally decided they will refund my entire cost of my cruise if i cancel.......But they have only now made that decision after nearly two weeks of asking and today is my last day that NCL will let me cancel so they've left it right up to the last minute which is too late for me to arrange anything else now so we are being forced to go on the trip.....I also asked why we only get 20% cruise discount which works out at £132pp where previous passengers got 100% and 50% off ?

Also we haven't been told about the third itinerary change yet !!

We will refund the amount shown on the cancellation invoices either yourself or your Travel Agent provide to us.

The difference in the compensation packages is due to the changes and the timescale before travelling.

The 20% refund of your voyage fares equates to £264.00.

My best

Maria

Maria Baldassarra | Help Desk

euhelpdesk@ncl.com

Tel.: +44 (0 )208 83 49 012 | Fax: +44 (0)2381 245023

Edited by Aburn09

Hi Aburn09,

There was a previous thread on here with regard to a complaints mediation service (The Federal Maritime Commission) as a possible avenue to go down. We have contacted them and received a case number and an assigned case worker. This may be a route for you and others too.

Email: complaints@fmc.gov

Hope this helps you and others?

So,,, you were notified. That the bottom line.

And you understand that different people booked through different offices and different systems. And that notifications to non-US passengers is often "customised" to the customers booking through,,, say the U.K. Office. So,,, I assume that you understand that notifications to all passengers can't be done instantaneously through all systems at the same time to 2000 passengers. So,,, a 2 day lag from the primary guest services office to a remote office should be expected. Nothing shambolic about that.

Actually i can understand why it takes a little longer for the travel agents to be notified of the changes then it getting passed onto the passengers But how do you explain why NCL's own UK website when i log into my cruise on the 5th of January still doesn't mention the azipod issue nor does the cruise itinerary show the 3rd update ?? So i agree you can use the word 'Shambolic' whilst referring to NCL !!