Airfare is forcing us to cancel 😢

momperson2

We book a cruise over a year ago on the Silhouette leaving April 2. Got a decent price, great cabin 9th deck, on the bump, drink package and $650 in OBC. I work for the schools and this is our spring break--statewide we all have the same week off. Airfares are crazy---for 2 people flying out of Detroit cost is $1,800!!! IF we could take the exact same me flight:mad: a week later cost is $775 for 2 people. I can NOT take the day off before or after break. - I have been looking at airfare since June, even then it was over a $1,200 for 2 of us. Very disappointed--- not at Celebrity-- but airlines

Edited by momperson2

I agree with luv2camp, you are too far out. My suggestion is to run your needed flight departure and return days/locations on Kayak but for Feb and see how they are trending. So if your cruise is from a Sat to a Sat, run those days for a Feb flight.

My cruise is a 10 day in March and I have been checking fares and they are still high for March, but the 6 weeks prior to my cruise, for the same days I will travel in March, are much lower. There is plenty of seats in the days I plan to fly. I believe fares for my trip will drop based on what I am seeing.

Put a fare tracker on the days you need to travel at kayak and you will get price alerts when fares drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You posted about this a month ago and got a lot of good suggestions and people who offered flight routes that were much less. In fact checking today I find several flights that are under $500 pp so I'm really confused at why you are hoping to get by posting this again. Your premise is incorrect unless you are stuck on flying with one particular airline and unwilling to consider 20 minute transfer from a different airport.

We book a cruise over a year ago on the Silhouette leaving April 2. Got a decent price, great cabin 9th deck, on the bump, drink package and $650 in OBC. I work for the schools and this is our spring break--statewide we all have the same week off. Airfares are crazy---for 2 people flying out of Detroit cost is $1,800!!! IF we could take the exact same me flight:mad: a week later cost is $775 for 2 people. I can NOT take the day off before or after break. - I have been looking at airfare since June, even then it was over a $1,200 for 2 of us. Very disappointed--- not at Celebrity-- but airlines

I feel your pain...I also work for a school and the only vacation time we have is the most expensive time to travel--by air or by ship. It is one reason I look forward to retirement one day: the ability to travel at times of the year that aren't peak cost.

That said, the posters who said to keep checking airfare are right. And Google has a new product that will help predict when the best time is to buy a ticket.

Southwest's website lists several time and price options that are less than $1,800.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I agree I put in the dates and came out under $1100 for two

airfare prices are so high this year it will be the first time in 13 years we didn't cruise in January, February or March

I won't pay more for airfare than the cruise

We have always went to the Caribbean not this year

Just keep checking the prices as they will go down, look on Tues & Wed.

Oh I am so glad that I am not the only one that thought this....

t - even replete with similar responses...

They seriously need to consider cancelling already or the next viable post will be 'how can I get my money back after making final payment and I had no trip insurance because we could not afford it...' or something to that effect..

LOL - bon voyage

Fly into FLL instead of MIA. Fly from CLE or FNT instead of DTW.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sounds like many good suggestions to me. That price OP quotes seems ridiculous. I've heard it is quite pricey to fly from middle America versus coast to coast, but as others have mentioned, be creative and flexible by departing different airports or arriving at FLL instead of MIA or vice versa. Good luck to you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk