Drink Pkg

Mouse's Shadow

Haven't done Carnival for a few years. In the process of booking' date=' but it doesn't give me a drink pkg choice. Does it come up later and do you know how much a deluxe drink pkg cost per day?[/quote']

The Cheers! package must be purchased through the Fun Shops. You'll find that option after you book. It is $49.95 per day if pre-purchased, $5 more per day if you purchase on board.

Carnival is SO expensive!!! We cruised on Royal for the first time this summer (Oasis) and got the drink package for like $340 pp for 7 nights. No 15 drink limit (not that we ever hit it), but Carnival is our preferred line and it will be over $900 for our 8 night cruise in June. DH said it's hard to justify with 4 port days, which I kind of agree with.....

Just shocked at how much cheaper RCCL is......:confused::confused:

Sadly, we'll still end up spending ALOT on drinks..... lol

It's what we like to do on vacation!:D

Carnival is SO expensive!!! We cruised on Royal for the first time this summer (Oasis) and got the drink package for like $340 pp for 7 nights. No 15 drink limit (not that we ever hit it), but Carnival is our preferred line and it will be over $900 for our 8 night cruise in June. DH said it's hard to justify with 4 port days, which I kind of agree with.....

Price is based on # of days of sailing.

According to this info, http://www.******************.com/royal-caribbean-drink-prices, price on RCL is $57.82/pp per day.

And according to this http://www.***********/info/carnival-cruise-lines/cheers-beverage-program.php Carnival is $57.45/pp per day.

So basically same price, so I'm confused as to why you are confused and so shocked.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Whaaa?:confused:

The cost is virtually the same. The only difference is the number of days on the trip.

Apples to apples please.

To obtain the same beverage availability you need to spend $55 pp per day on RCCL and $49.95 pp per day on Carnival.

Both of these exclude gratuity.

The $900+ (919.08) you are quoting for CCL includes gratuity and is for 8 days.

RCCL would be $1012. for 8 days with gratuity.

Edited by Bookbug53

I paid $45 a day on RCL and that included bottled water, specialty coffee and unlimited alcohol/soda/juice

11/7/16 Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas

It's $55/day plus gratuity for RCL, they just revamped their package. They did have $46/day package but it was the Select drink package can choose from unlimited beer, wines by the glass (up to $8 value), non-alcoholic cocktails, fountain soda with Coca-Cola souvenir cup, excludes cocktails so not apples to apples compare with CCL. These are options now offered by RCL, reduced from previous offerings.

Edited by bobandsherry

Maybe but I paid this a month ago so not too long

And as others have been telling you RCI just revamped their packages You will not pay that on a future cruise. Carnival only has one option for alcohol packages, not the variety that RCI used to have.

Maybe but I paid this a month ago so not too long

Can always try NCL or Celebrity, both of which give you the drink package kinda free with booking. (NCL makes you pay the 18% grat against the value of the package and Celebrity gives you a lower limit package that you can upgrade for full availability).

And as others have been telling you RCI just revamped their packages You will not pay that on a future cruise. Carnival only has one option for alcohol packages, not the variety that RCI used to have.

The other possibility is that the $45/day package was purchased during a sale. RCI will run sales on the drink packages for certain sailings every now and then, but otherwise they have also gone to only one package option at $55 a day.

The biggest difference for me between the two lines (when comparing drink packages only!!) is that Carnival requires that all persons over 21 booked in the cabin purchase the package. I know why they do it, but it means the difference between me purchasing it or not. I am sailing with my mother who does not drink enough to justify the package. So I will just spend that money in gift cards and apply to my on-board account! Not the end of the world, but I wish they would make that change. :p

I'm sailing w my DW, 22yr old autistic daughter, and my 76yr old MIL.

none of who can medically drink. I can provide proof, but still have to pay for all, w a drink plan...never happen..so what actually happens is I drink at least half of what I would normally consume.. Carnival loses money in the end...

my only complaint..