Carnival Miracle to LGB - 10:30am Flight time?

peachynurse

My husband and I will be taking the Carnival Miracle to Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta in June. The ship is due into port on Saturday morning. We purchased "Faster to the Fun", and also plan on doing self-assist debarkation.

Is it pushing it to go for the 10:30am flight home from the Long Beach airport? Or should we wait around 5 hours (with luggage) and go with the 3:35pm flight? Thanks in advance for your input!

Take the later flight. You're cutting it very close.

Back tracking time--

10:30 flight

8:30 check in at LAX

7:50 leave port

7:20 off ship.

Could spend a few hours at the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach or tour the Queen Mary.

Edited by SadieN

Take the later flight. You're cutting it very close.

Back tracking time--

10:30 flight

8:30 check in at LAX

7:50 leave port

7:20 off ship.

Could spend a few hours at the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach or tour the Queen Mary.

Thank you for the response! I should have clarified... we will be flying out of the Long Beach airport (not LAX). Does this change your recommendation? Thank you!

If you get off and out the door by 8:30am you will be fine, only issue would be if the ship is late debarking. I have made a 10:30am flight out of LAX before. But I do not have to worry about change fee's on missed flights so if I have to go latter it is not a big deal to me.

My husband and I will be taking the Carnival Miracle to Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta in June. The ship is due into port on Saturday morning. We purchased "Faster to the Fun", and also plan on doing self-assist debarkation.

Is it pushing it to go for the 10:30am flight home from the Long Beach airport? Or should we wait around 5 hours (with luggage) and go with the 3:35pm flight? Thanks in advance for your input!

If ship docks and cleared at 7am, it is doable. Self-disembark, private transportation and a 15-20min ride from cruise port to Long Beach airport.

Hi,

We've been on the Miracle many many times and always have FTTF with self carry off. We are usually off the ship and at our car by 8:30AM.

You can jump into a taxi and be at the airport by 9the latest(but probably earlier) so making a 10:30 flight at LGB should be easy.

While I defer to SadieN on most things (she's the queen of Long Beach/San Pedro cruising), this is a flight I'd take my chances with and realize I'd gambled should I miss it and have to pay the penalty for changing flights.

Why, thank you!

I'm just extremely, overly cautious when it comes to timing of flights etc

I made a mistake in booking our return flight from Miami (FLL) after the Vista repo cruise. Our flight left at 11:44 from FLL and according to the schedule the Vista wasn't going to dock until 8:00. I felt doomed. There was nothing for it but to keep our fingers crossed and breath held. Turned out the ship docked at 6:00, we were off by 7:30-ish and at the terminal 3 hours before the flight boarded.

Still, I'll never book that early again!

did you fly out of MIA or FLL? I am looking at similar itineraries back to CA from MIA. I am concerned with the travel time to FLL from the ship terminal.

also, I'm seeing 1 way flights at $167 - $186 per ticket. is this close to your experience in price per ticket (one way tickets are/should be the same cost as each way buying a round trip, usually).

• 1 month later...
We cruise on the Miracle all the time and have no problem making the 1030 flight out of LGB. Enjoy!

That's good to hear. I too was on the fence about either a 10:55am flight from LGB or spending more on transportation and a slightly higher airfare from LAX for a flight at 12:55. I definitely don't want to wait until the 6pm out of LGB.

LGB is such a neat little airport, I'd rather use that than LAX and connections back to PDX is just silly. No kids cruise so no worrying about dawdling.

Will book the 10:55 . Thanks!