Muster drill

kimberlym4

Love the ship so far but this muster drill is crazy. Going on 25 minutes crammed outside on a deck with rows at least 5 people deep. We can put a man on the moon! How can this not be easier??

Sent from my XT1060 using Forums mobile app

Thanks to two recent surgeries, left knee replacement and right meniscus :eek:, I am not being able to stand for long periods of time yet. I requested seated muster drill stations on upcoming Splendor and Miracle. I emailed Special Needs and was told to check-in at Guest Services upon embarkation.

Hope this helps others who cannot stand for the entire muster drill.

Probably waiting for those that feel like they dont need to attend the muster drill.

Or there are those that didn't listen to the rules are are on their phones posting comments instead of paying attention.

You beat me to it!!!!

Thanks to two recent surgeries, left knee replacement and right meniscus :eek:, I am not being able to stand for long periods of time yet. I requested seated muster drill stations on upcoming Splendor and Miracle. I emailed Special Needs and was told to check-in at Guest Services upon embarkation.

Hope this helps others who cannot stand for the entire muster drill.

I didn't go to guest services, but instead just went to the designated handicapped muster station. I've not been questioned, even when bringing my young kids, but the knee scars are very large and obvious. In addition to being unable to stand in one place for any length of time, stairs are very difficult for me.

The reason they take so long is because of all the people who won't attend when called. They are now scanning sail and sign cards so they know exactly who showed up and who didn't.

On our cruise on December 3rd a woman passed out from the heat because of how crammed in everyone is with no airflow while waiting for a few idiots to trickle in giggling like they are children getting away with something.

Carnival should start the drill at the specified time and released as soon as it's over. Then those who didn't attend should be paged to attend the muster station so that they are still in compliance with the laws around the requirement.

Yup, that's the Carnival way. Totally makes no sense. But make a game out of it. Count how many drunks hit the deck before it's over. We once counted 5.

It's not only "the Carnival way". I experienced the same thing on the Grandeur.

Probably waiting for those that feel like they dont need to attend the muster drill.

Or there are those that didn't listen to the rules are are on their phones posting comments instead of paying attention.

Yep, and those that just won't SHUT UP while the instructions are going on. I guess they feel their 'attempts' at making jokes are so much more important.

Yup, that's the Carnival way. Totally makes no sense. But make a game out of it. Count how many drunks hit the deck before it's over. We once counted 5.

I've cruised a lot and I've never seen any drunk person hit the deck.

I did once see an elderly woman be allowed to sit down by the railing.

The reason they take so long is because of all the people who won't attend when called. They are now scanning sail and sign cards so they know exactly who showed up and who didn't.

On our cruise on December 3rd a woman passed out from the heat because of how crammed in everyone is with no airflow while waiting for a few idiots to trickle in giggling like they are children getting away with something.

Carnival should start the drill at the specified time and released as soon as it's over. Then those who didn't attend should be paged to attend the muster station so that they are still in compliance with the laws around the requirement.

This is what they did on the Valor last month. We stood for about 30 mins, at the end of the muster drill they paged actual names of people to go to guest services to get the muster info.

Greg

Public shaming of those that held up muster should be done.

Post their pictures on the big screen and all tvs for the first night so we all know who the inconsiderate self absorbed ones are that made everybody else stand in the sun forever..

I'd like to see them put off the ship. If they are going to start about by abusing/ignoring the rules ... what's to come?

Love the ship so far but this muster drill is crazy. Going on 25 minutes crammed outside on a deck with rows at least 5 people deep. We can put a man on the moon! How can this not be easier??

Sent from my XT1060 using Forums mobile app

No better opportunity to spread germs, I think I caught a cold from a cougher near me on my last cruise muster, will be wearing a facemask on next muster. At least it wasn't Noro. I wonder how may ship sicknesses get their start at muster

Edited by gklow

Our muster drill was over an hour on imagination recently. First off, why on earth would you say the muster drill is at 4:45pm if that's when you want it to start. You need to say 4:15 and start announcements at that time. We waited at least 20 minutes for all these losers to show up in order to get started.

Then, we waited for a recorded announcement with long pauses in between announcements. Then, we were ushered to the life boat station just to see where to get on, did nothing else there....***. They could have just shown us a video like the one on the TV and be done with it. I have never seen such a mess of a muster drill! I understand we need to be safe but other lines are much more efficient with it.

Our muster drill was over an hour on imagination recently. First off, why on earth would you say the muster drill is at 4:45pm if that's when you want it to start. You need to say 4:15 and start announcements at that time. We waited at least 20 minutes for all these losers to show up in order to get started.

Then, we waited for a recorded announcement with long pauses in between announcements. Then, we were ushered to the life boat station just to see where to get on, did nothing else there....***. They could have just shown us a video like the one on the TV and be done with it. I have never seen such a mess of a muster drill! I understand we need to be safe but other lines are much more efficient with it.

The Grandeur was no better.

We were on the Miracle November 26th and we were about 5 people deep in the madness. I couldn't see anything and it felt like it took forever. They did not take anyone's name or scan our cards, so not sure how they would know we were even there. All they did was go to the children in the crowd and put wristbands on them.