How to communicate with my family while onboard?

CariBear

We do use a small wet board and markers to leave notes. Let each other know where we plan to be and plan meet ups at certain places in the ship for lunch etc. also sticky notes are handy for leaving notes about change of plans.

I always know my hubby likes to read in a couple places and I check those places if I have a change of plans. We never have a problem, the ship and places we like to go is just not that big! Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for answering the question that was posted (and not giving unsolicited advice/comments).

Really?? Everyone who posted took their valuable time to share what works for them. Be at least appreciative of everyone's offerings and just choose the advice that works for you.

Your parting shot was rude!

Nope. I had my phone on airplane mode the entire time. It only worked with people I text that had IPhones. android phones did not work. The phone was only connected to Voom for the IQ app. I did not pay for Voom. I'm pretty savvy with my IPhone.

That's interesting. I did not know you could connect to voom for the IQ app but not pay for it. My guess is somehow voom allowed a connection through to Apple which was why iMessages worked.

Nope. I had my phone on airplane mode the entire time. It only worked with people I text that had IPhones. android phones did not work. The phone was only connected to Voom for the IQ app. I did not pay for Voom. I'm pretty savvy with my IPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good someone savvy with their iPhone. So we are going to be on IoftheSeas, and we each have signed up for Voom, mostly for our iPads. If we have our phones on airplane mode can we still text each other (DH & I)? We both have iPhones 7+?

Good someone savvy with their iPhone. So we are going to be on IoftheSeas, and we each have signed up for Voom, mostly for our iPads. If we have our phones on airplane mode can we still text each other (DH & I)? We both have iPhones 7+?

Yes. Since you are buying Voom anyway. iMessage works off of WIFI. Keep you phones on airplane mode. If you don't. Your phone will connect to Cellular at Sea. Unless you're expecting important calls. Something I noticed was. My IPhone made and received text. But if I tried to attach a picture. It didn't work.

If your carrier offers WiFi calling, you can have access to all phone functions (voice calling, SMS and MMS texting) while in Airplane mode and connected to the ship's internet service.

Yes. Since you are buying Voom anyway. iMessage works off of WIFI. Keep you phones on airplane mode. If you don't. Your phone will connect to Cellular at Sea. Unless you're expecting important calls. Something I noticed was. My IPhone made and received text. But if I tried to attach a picture. It didn't work.

That is because pictures require data and texts do not. So however you connected still blocked data usage.

Edited by crzndeb

Except for the white board this is how we know where each other will be. We also use house phones to leave voice mails in the cabin.

Plus I am a twin of your husband, my wife knows which lounge(s) is my house lounge to read at and enjoy a touch of the grape.

We do use a small wet board and markers to leave notes. Let each other know where we plan to be and plan meet ups at certain places in the ship for lunch etc. also sticky notes are handy for leaving notes about change of plans.

I always know my hubby likes to read in a couple places and I check those places if I have a change of plans. We never have a problem, the ship and places we like to go is just not that big! Enjoy