Ovation review

pearlsz

I didn't post to get flamed about my weight, but thanks for doing that shireboi. I was probably a bit over the top about the top figure, with it generally being a fluctuation of 102-106, depending on the time of day and the actual scales. I can be 102 on the scales at home, and use the ones at work an hour or two later and be 104. And as for fitness, I am getting better.

Just hoping now that I can squeeze inside the weight limit, and/or get an instructor who is a bit less strict about weight limits.

Another quick tip to avoid lining up for stuff eg Flowrider.

keep an eye on channel 41(Ovation views) scrolls thru web cams on ship

I kept checking when in room, when i saw only 2 x kids in line, a got down there pretty quick, had 3 goes in less than 15 mins

Edited by NumnuT

I didn't post to get flamed about my weight, but thanks for doing that shireboi. I was probably a bit over the top about the top figure, with it generally being a fluctuation of 102-106, depending on the time of day and the actual scales. I can be 102 on the scales at home, and use the ones at work an hour or two later and be 104. And as for fitness, I am getting better.

Just hoping now that I can squeeze inside the weight limit, and/or get an instructor who is a bit less strict about weight limits.

I did IFLY with my friend and neither of us would be what I call fit and we had a great time. And neither of us had a sore back or shoulder. Go for it!

I kept checking when in room, when i saw only 2 x kids in line, a got down there pretty quick, had 3 goes in less than 15 mins

Great tip.:D

I did IFLY with my friend and neither of us would be what I call fit and we had a great time. And neither of us had a sore back or shoulder. Go for it!

Cheers Cruisegroover. Now I just have to hope I can get inside the weight limit.

Cheers Cruisegroover. Now I just have to hope I can get inside the weight limit.

you'll be fine !! (apols for any flames !!)

I did mine at 8.45pm one cruise night.... I look less 'big' at that time of the night :) .. and the instructor hesitated for a second... then said... OK

We had a family have a go - husband / wive, his mother.. and their 5yr old.... we tried tried tried so hard to get the 5yr old boy to have a go... he had the suit one, and the googles... talked himself in wanting to go downstairs in the dressing room.. but wouldn't go into the tunnel. awwww.... he would have been looked after....

Edited by shireboi

yeah... however.. this DIDN'T WORK for the SeaPlex and dodgem / bumper cars... :( .... the camera and line were in the wrong location....

http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqE3j1KNahU

Dunedin visit on the 9 Jan trip.....

yeah... and I can see us on Deck 8 at 0.56 sec - just above the tender boat :)

You can appreciate how BIG it is from 1.00 and beyond..

Edited by shireboi

I think I will miss out on Wonderland. It is not even listed as an option in my cruise planner for dining choices . [emoji20] I will hope for Ifly and Northstar.

Yeah, we didn't get northstar on our online bookings at all.

Don't know how they select what to list, but you'll have no problem booking on board.

So far on this cruise Ifly has been really easy to book. Northstar you need to book in early. I did it on the first day just after getting on board and I could pick anytime to do it but bookings went quick. We only booked on Ifly yesterday for Sunday.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

So far on this cruise Ifly has been really easy to book. Northstar you need to book in early. I did it on the first day just after getting on board and I could pick anytime to do it but bookings went quick. We only booked on Ifly yesterday for Sunday.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Good to hear that you have your bookings, I suppose demand may change slightly for different cruises (lengths and itineraries) but I think as long as people do get a chance to try some of the activities it is a good thing.:D

http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqE3j1KNahU

Dunedin visit on the 9 Jan trip.....

yeah... and I can see us on Deck 8 at 0.56 sec - just above the tender boat :)

You can appreciate how BIG it is from 1.00 and beyond..

ok....

HINT - when posting using YOUTUBE LINK - only post the code

[YOUTUBE]aqE3j1KNahU[/YOUTUBE]