Ovation review

pearlsz

I'm now very curious as to what the escape room actually is. Anyone care to enlighten me before I board on Monday?

You have 60 minutes to unravel the mystery or numerous puzzles within a room, working within the team to escape and get out of the room.:D

This is info about the one on the Harmony but it is similar.

Escape the Rubicon

Royal Caribbean first introduced an escape room game on Anthem of the Seas and the concept is now going to be added to Harmony of the Seas.

If you are wondering what an "escape room" is, it is essentially a group game, where players must solve clues hidden throughout one room in an allocated amount of time (usually 60 minutes) in order to find the "key" to escaping the room.

This is different kind of onboard activity that was pioneered by a group called Puzzle Break, which have created similar experiences on in a few cities.

After a briefing, guests search a room for clues and hidden messages and then try to put it all together to figure out the key phrase. There are word searches, patterns and other challenges designed to get you thinking in a lot of different directions.

Escape the Rubicon will take place in a dedicated space designed in partnership with ShowFX Inc., a staple for Hollywood studios’ engineering, design and fabrication of custom entertainment equipment.

How so?

Just in comparison to escape rooms I've done on land with friends. The room was pretty bare, not much of a theme, no real flow to the puzzles, large group making communication difficult. To be fair, it is free and it's still a good experience to have on board

Just in comparison to escape rooms I've done on land with friends. The room was pretty bare, not much of a theme, no real flow to the puzzles, large group making communication difficult. To be fair, it is free and it's still a good experience to have on board

Thanks for letting us know. I imagine that it would be hard to replicate what is done on land.

It is pretty much a generic room. Looks a bit like a tiny plain disco when looking in through the window.

Yeah, was built for other purposes, has other fittings in there that we were told not to touch!

Not sure they run it on Asian cruises where it is based.

Agreed. Without giving anything away, I was a bit disappointed at some of the 'fake' props.

Thanks to Pearlz who started this thread and to all who answered my questions. Had a wonderful time on Ovation! Planning is the key. Avoided many long lines of waiting which was my main concern on this ship. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Glad you had a great time, we certainly did.:D

We looked at the prices for next year and said no thanks. Hopefully they will drop.:D

That's what people said last year!

Though slightly better chance as the season is a bit longer this time around. Though maybe more people will want to go?

That's what people said last year!

Though slightly better chance as the season is a bit longer this time around. Though maybe more people will want to go?

The difference is that I have been on her now (and at the lower prices) so the attraction of the ship is not as strong.