Ovation review

pearlsz

There are two in the windjammer. One in the the pizzeria. If I see more tomorrow I can add them on Thursday.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

It's like a memory game....

There's actually 2 in the pizza area -(checks pic that I took) and if I remember there is also one at the hot dog at SeaPlex :)

It's like a memory game....

There's actually 2 in the pizza area - and if I remember there is also one at the hot dog at SeaPlex :)

Hahahahaha yep that's correct. They are right next to each other in there.

There are plenty all over the ship

Hahahahaha yep that's correct. They are right next to each other in there.

There are plenty all over the ship

See it's a game of memory ;)

Next.... how many watches were on the tables ??? :D

Guess correctly and you'll win a $10 diamond - lol

(wow still,seeing the old format on this iPad !!)

Book as much as you can before you get on board e.g. your shows (Pixels, Live Long Legs and The Beautiful Dream) and activities (Ripcord, Northstar, escape room).

Saved me a lot of time standing in lines waiting to make reservations on the first couple of days.

Also download the Royal IQ app on your smartphone so you can make or change reservations as soon as board the ship

If you want to get a WOW band head straight to guest relations to avoid the crowds later on in the day

If you drink a lot of specialty coffee consider buying a coffee card. For US$44 you get 15 specialty coffees, which works out great value as the large double shot, blended an flavoured coffees were $5-6 each

Following up on bookings. Make sure you make your Northstar reservations asap. They go pretty early, as does he escape room (we couldn't get in there). Rip cord (ifly) is easier to get on but it depends on the length of your cruise (the first 5 days were fully booked while the last few were empty until a day or so before)

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

On the ovation at the moment.

Definitely book the 3 shows before boarding - a few didn't, didn't know or not told, so they said, and the shows were quickly booked out.

Not so important for the Northstar as on shore days no bookings taken, just roll up checkout the line or return later.

We booked 3 shows and for Northstar at sea.

The 3 shows open up for those without bookings 10 minutes before the shows - most ended up standing.

Pixels show was cancelled due to rough seas but rescheduled.

No trouble getting onto Northstar without booking.

Great rock band on at present.

270 degrees is our fav spot, great views, bar, tea, coffee, juice, salads, sandwiches/rolls, free chips, cakes and fruit. Food is mostly available around 11 to 5. Nice and quiet mostly.

Katie hosted the funniest Love & Marriage game we have seen. She's ok, nice and friendly.

On this cruise there's been a 60's night, Groovytown and tonight a Beach Party. Already had 1 formal night probably another to come. No one was overly dressed up, few tux's, some suits, shirts with ties or not.

We've had also a comedian, comedian/magician, Bon Jovi tribute band and a concert by the ship singers and orchestra. As well as the usual, schooner bar, pub, dj entertainment as well.

Ship is slick and modern. Not to the liking of a few. They seem not to like the digital enhancements nor that there are no laundries. We love the Royal iQ, very handy and our dining companions like their wristbands.

The MDR is fine, food served hot and waitstaff very keen to check that everything is ok. Windjammer is busy but heaps of choices. Have not had a problem getting a table after the first day or two. Alternative breakfasts in Chic (buffet style) or Grande (a la carte), not so busy.

Pizza bar and Promenade cafe can be busy but not all the time.

Diamond club is open for Diamond up. Not a great many there.

A lot of the ship excursions were also sold out, if you like to do them, I'd book in advance as well.

The ship doesn't seem crowded at all but no tenders involved on our cruise.

As someone mentioned at the Meet and Mingle, they could not believe some of the bad reviews.

And yes the beds are hard/firm - but we have a topper on ours and after the first 2 nights it's been ok.

Enjoy as we are.

On the ovation at the moment.

Definitely book the 3 shows before boarding - a few didn't, didn't know or not told, so they said, and the shows were quickly booked out.

Not so important for the Northstar as on shore days no bookings taken, just roll up checkout the line or return later.

We booked 3 shows and for Northstar at sea.

The 3 shows open up for those without bookings 10 minutes before the shows - most ended up standing.

Pixels show was cancelled due to rough seas but rescheduled.

No trouble getting onto Northstar without booking.

Great rock band on at present.

270 degrees is our fav spot, great views, bar, tea, coffee, juice, salads, sandwiches/rolls, free chips, cakes and fruit. Food is mostly available around 11 to 5. Nice and quiet mostly.

Katie hosted the funniest Love & Marriage game we have seen. She's ok, nice and friendly.

On this cruise there's been a 60's night, Groovytown and tonight a Beach Party. Already had 1 formal night probably another to come. No one was overly dressed up, few tux's, some suits, shirts with ties or not.

We've had also a comedian, comedian/magician, Bon Jovi tribute band and a concert by the ship singers and orchestra. As well as the usual, schooner bar, pub, dj entertainment as well.

Ship is slick and modern. Not to the liking of a few. They seem not to like the digital enhancements nor that there are no laundries. We love the Royal iQ, very handy and our dining companions like their wristbands.

The MDR is fine, food served hot and waitstaff very keen to check that everything is ok. Windjammer is busy but heaps of choices. Have not had a problem getting a table after the first day or two. Alternative breakfasts in Chic (buffet style) or Grande (a la carte), not so busy.

Pizza bar and Promenade cafe can be busy but not all the time.

Diamond club is open for Diamond up. Not a great many there.

A lot of the ship excursions were also sold out, if you like to do them, I'd book in advance as well.

The ship doesn't seem crowded at all but no tenders involved on our cruise.

As someone mentioned at the Meet and Mingle, they could not believe some of the bad reviews.

And yes the beds are hard/firm - but we have a topper on ours and after the first 2 nights it's been ok.

Enjoy as we are.

Thanks for your review so far.