Internet on Adventure of the Seas

cruza

Hello everyone -

Can you please share your recent experiences using internet on the Adventure of the Seas?

Do they have "Voom"? How's the speed?

We will be sailing in January...

Thanks in advance!

All RC ships have VOOM, because the cruise line re-defined VOOM to be whatever each ship had this past May. However, Adventure does not have the faster O3b internet that Oasis and Quantum classes (plus Freedom and Majesty) have. We typically see 0.5Mbps download and 0.25Mbps upload.

We purchased one account in December. It worked find for checking email, facebook, etc. With one account only one device can be online at a time so we just took turns logging in during the day, for general use it is very good. Have fun!

Had a surf and stream package for one device in September. Skype worked perfectly, perfect image and very stable. Getting my mail in through mailbox did not really work, had to go through webmail. Surfing was a pretty good speed. Even netflix worked. Though it took minutes before it started, once it was playing, it played all the way through. I was very happy with the speed, it was better than at our San Juan hotel. Have a great cruise!

Cindy

Edited by sg1phileshipper

Just spent 4 weeks onboard. The first 3 weeks we had surf and stream and Internet was fine. Then the 4th week we had surf only and it was worthless. So only buy if you are getting stream also! (I wouldn't know how to "stream" if my life depended on it! Lol. But the "surf only" was too slow and kept kicking us off whereas the "stream" worked well for probably what most people would consider "surfing".)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

For anybody who cares, I think that my speeds have averaged around 3mbps. Absolute worst has been sub-1mbps while we were in heavy fog, otherwise I've been getting consistently a minimum of at least 1mbps. When the sky was nice and clear, I've been able to play netflix at 720P (which usually requires just under 3mbps) with no trouble on a good weather sea day. Sometimes it even bumped to 1080P. Ping times are around 600-700ms. Currently it's the day before disembarkation so everyone is using it to print plane tickets, etc., it's somewhat foggy, and I'm still getting around 1mbps.

We had surf and stream on the 1st cruise out of dry dock getting back to SaN Juan and we must have had by far the worst experience than anyone so far that has posted. We were kicked off or was too slow to use for even things like email. We ended up speaking to Ships Voom techs and no change finally just asked them to refund difference between surf and surf and stream, and they did without any fuss so I think they knew there were issues. Glad to hear that it seems to be working better now.

We were plagued with drops and couldn't stream anything. DW did make couple of phone calls without issue but overall it wasn't good.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk