escape room

Anthems puzzle rooms are not dedicated. They can remove it very quickly. Harmony is a dedicated room, and has completely different puzzles (from what staff told me when I was on Anthem)

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I am not a fan of having to pay for this. As it seems like more and more things could go this way. That being said I did pay and really enjoyed it.
I balked when I first read that the charge had been added. However, they may have had problems with people reserving it, and then not showing up, leaving empty spots that others would have liked. Living on Social Security, I am definitely a budget cruiser. I don't drink alcohol, I don't eat in upcharge restaurants, and I don't pay for excursions. Once I thought it over, I decided that it wasn't outrageous to pay $9 each for my daughter and me to share an hour's fun - especially when I consider all the shows, movies, etc. that are FREE.

We did this on the Harmony last week (I was able to book it via the site before the cruise). It was fun, but I think it would be more fun with a group of friends rather than strangers. We had a couple of people with strong personalities who kept trying to take things over after you'd make the initial discovery.

We had planned on doing this on our recent Harmony cruise, however when they added the $9 fee we decided that we were not going to pay $18 for us to do this activity. It wasn't the money, it was the principle of them charging for an activity. I've heard good things about it, but I think it is ridiculous that they charge. Even if they had problems with people making reservations and then not showing up, charge those that don't show up...not for people to actually do this!

Can you still pre-book this? I thought read on the boards that you have to book it once you are on board?

i thought this too, but today looked at my booking & it was up for our cruise jan 20th. we have a group of 6 & there were not that many times left for that size group. I would have thought since you now paid for it, there would be less interest.

I don't know if they hold back bookings,, but everyone should be checking on this in their booking.

I have done both.

Both certainly appear to be "dedicated" rooms.

On Harmony, it is a room at the entrance to Adventure Ocean.

On Anthem, it is a room just off the SeaPlex.

On Harmony, there is now a charge. ($8.95)

On Anthem, there is no charge. I do not know if they have started to charge a no-show fee. There is such a fee for Ripcord by iFly and for NorthStar.

And yes, I truly enjoyed each one. :)

i thought this too, but today looked at my booking & it was up for our cruise jan 20th. we have a group of 6 & there were not that many times left for that size group. I would have thought since you now paid for it, there would be less interest.

I don't know if they hold back bookings,, but everyone should be checking on this in their booking.

Thanks for the heads up! I was able to log in tonight and make a reservation for my daughter and me - even as far ahead as our Feb. 4th cruise. One more bit of business that I won't have to worry about after we get on board. I sure hope we get a group of fun people to work with!

I balked when I first read that the charge had been added. However, they may have had problems with people reserving it, and then not showing up, leaving empty spots that others would have liked. Living on Social Security, I am definitely a budget cruiser. I don't drink alcohol, I don't eat in upcharge restaurants, and I don't pay for excursions. Once I thought it over, I decided that it wasn't outrageous to pay $9 each for my daughter and me to share an hour's fun - especially when I consider all the shows, movies, etc. that are FREE.

Remember, those other things are not 'free' they are INCLUDED. You have paid for them with your fare. I agree, no need to pay more for other activities!

Edited by 9876

Just for comparison purposes, I just checked the Breakout Escape location where I live and most of the rooms are $24 per person. There was a special of $18 for one of the rooms.

We had a work outing there and I did 2 of the rooms. I wish it only cost $9, because I would do it more often. It is a lot of fun.

Remember, those other things are not 'free' they are INCLUDED. You have paid for them with your fare. I agree, no need to pay more for other activities!
I usually use the word "included". Of course the shows, pools, and many food venues aren't "FREE", but once I am onboard, anything I don't pay extra for feels free. Some people might object to paying for coffee at Starbucks onboard - in which case they can get complimentary coffee elsewhere. I think it wouldn't have ruffled so many feathers if the puzzle room had charged the fee from the get-go. There must be a reason why RCI added the fee. I doubt it was simply to make more money.

I usually use the word "included". Of course the shows, pools, and many food venues aren't "FREE", but once I am onboard, anything I don't pay extra for feels free. Some people might object to paying for coffee at Starbucks onboard - in which case they can get complimentary coffee elsewhere. I think it wouldn't have ruffled so many feathers if the puzzle room had charged the fee from the get-go. There must be a reason why RCI added the fee. I doubt it was simply to make more money.

Why do you doubt it? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: