What is RC policy on bringing your own wine

eleang

Hello ! We are getting ready to sail on the Navigator, almost done packing and we're wondering if we can bring our own wine on board and how does it work. Is there a cork fee? Is there a limit? We are a family of 4 with 2 cabins.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello ! We are getting ready to sail on the Navigator, almost done packing and we're wondering if we can bring our own wine on board and how does it work. Is there a cork fee? Is there a limit? We are a family of 4 with 2 cabins.

Two 750 ml bottles per stateroom. No corkage fee. Your MDR staff will open and store your wine between meals. Recommend putting it in your carryon luggage.

Edited by Johnamac123

Each cabin is allowed two 750 mil bottles of wine in your carry on. There is no corkage fee so yes, you may bring it to the MDR or anywhere. Have a great cruise :)

2 bottles, 750ml, per cabin at embarkation.

No corkage fees anywhere on ship.

In your case you will be able to bring 4 bottles.

Important clarification of Royal Caribbean's rules:

Two 750 ml bottles of wine per cabin which has at least one passenger who is 21 or older.

If you booked your cabins with two adults in one and two children in the other, the rules say that only the cabin with adults may carry on two bottles of wine.

I know that LMaxwell is a stickler for following the rules.

Are they strict about the kids cabin and no wine? We have 2 grand suites booked and one inside cabin for the kids. There are three families going. the get the most cruise points the adults are all booked in the grand suites.

Also, what is considered wine? I know what wine is, but I don't like wine--so is Arbor mist considered wine? I like Arbor Mist? :)

If it's not wine, I will just be enjoying my evenings in the suite lounge!! well, to be honest, I'll be enjoying my evening in the lounge no matter what!:D

Are they strict about the kids cabin and no wine? We have 2 grand suites booked and one inside cabin for the kids. There are three families going. the get the most cruise points the adults are all booked in the grand suites.

Also, what is considered wine? I know what wine is, but I don't like wine--so is Arbor mist considered wine? I like Arbor Mist? :)

If it's not wine, I will just be enjoying my evenings in the suite lounge!! well, to be honest, I'll be enjoying my evening in the lounge no matter what!:D

Arbor Mist is considered wine. It depends on who is working security and how much they feel like checking cabin assignments as to whether you get the extra 2 bottles on board. Try for 6 if they take 2 bottles you at only out about $7.00.

As for the points you are actually better off if the kids are in the GS collecting the double points. Put the spouses in the interior as they automatically get the same status of their spouse. Let the kids get the double points because at 18 while they retain the last tier their points revert to their actual points. Just switch cabins on board.

Everyone has stated the policy so I won't repeat it ... and I don't want to be suggesting anyone break any rules. .. but I will say that NO ONE seemed to check, count or even notice our wine.

I only took two bottles (for one cabin, two adults) because I did not want to risk breaking any rules ... but I honestly think that he and I both could have put two bottles in our carry on and no one would have batted an eye. I think "next time" we'll take two decent bottles and two fairly cheaper (but still decent) bottles and worse comes to worse and they confiscate two ... we'll give them the cheapest ones.

Be sure to take a wine opener/corkscrew if you want to open them in your room. Your room attendant might be able to round you one up ... but I didn't want to risk or have a huge delay. Ours did bring us a wine bucket and ice upon request the first day ... and every single evening after that. I know this may be common sense for most people, but just in case anyone doesn't already know ... add a little water to your ice and the bottle will submerge easier and be more 'encloaked' by the cold and will chill faster.

For the person who mentioned liking Arbor Mist ... you might also like a sparkling Moscato. Generally I don't like Moscato because it's too sweet and some is almost sticky/syrupy ... but a sparkling Moscato seems much lighter but still has the sweetness that makes it more enjoyable for some people who don't like wine. Jacob’s Creek Sparkling Moscato is packaged like a bottle of champagne you can literally pop the cork like a bottle of champagne. And Risata Moscato D'Asti is another I've enjoyed.

Edited by Cro_and_Swan

To add to the previous comments...

I know everyone recommends putting your wine in your carryon, to avoid a trip to the naughty room to confirm it's wine. We have put two bottles of wine in our checked luggage on two cruises now (Radiance in Alaska and Jewel in San Juan), and our luggage has been delivered in a timely manner to our stateroom without issue. Of course, YMMV.

We asked our stateroom attendant if he could get us a couple glasses and a corkscrew, and he told us we had to order that from room service. It was delivered with a smile (and the cheese and fruit plate we ordered with it...make it worth the trip, you know!).

We also asked for ice but instead just used the fridge/cooler, since it is now empty (yay!). No, it did not make it ice cold by any means, but it was cool enough for us.

This might be stupid, and I guess the answer will be "no" - are you talking about 2 bottles at embarkation only? Not at the ports during the cruise.

Guess if that would be allowed they would not sell a lot of wine anymore onboard ;)

Never brought one onboard so far.

That is correct. 2 bottles at embarkation only. Any brought on at port stops are supposed to be taken and held for you until the last night of your cruise.

That is correct. 2 bottles at embarkation only. Any brought on at port stops are supposed to be taken and held for you until the last night of your cruise.

We just got off the Island Princess and will soon be joining you on the Navigator. On the Princess ship they allowed folks to bring on wine at each stop!! I was really surprised and RC may not but many many folks did this and no problem. I guess it might be worth a try :). See you soon on the Navigator all!! We are celebrating our 45th on New Year's Eve!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just got off the Island Princess and will soon be joining you on the Navigator. On the Princess ship they allowed folks to bring on wine at each stop!! I was really surprised and RC may not but many many folks did this and no problem. I guess it might be worth a try :). See you soon on the Navigator all!! We are celebrating our 45th on New Year's Eve!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Different line, different rules.