Best S1 corner suites on Solstice class ships?

ccod

All Solstice class ships have S1 aft corner Sky Suites and I am wondering if some are better than others. We recently booked an S1 corner suite on Deck 11 of the Silhouette and we could have chosen decks 8,7 and 6. I am not sure if we made the right choice. When sailing on the Eclipse this week we looked down from the aft railing on deck 14 to check out the corner balconies. We could look into almost the entire balcony of the deck 11 corner suite. Is there possibly more balcony privacy on deck 8, 7 or 6? Are all of the corner S1's the same size and do they all have 2 support columns in the cabin? Are these columns hard steel or do they have any form of padding? I know that many people love these cabins.

We will be on the Equinox in March, and we think deck 11 is a great choice. We are in 1666, and we know there is a cabin directly above us as opposed to the deck chairs of the restaurant. Also, the view is outstanding. While aware of the steel poles, never was bothered by them in the past. A lovely location and cabin and some would argue the best butlers are on the Penthouse deck.

All Solstice class ships have S1 aft corner Sky Suites and I am wondering if some are better than others. We recently booked an S1 corner suite on Deck 11 of the Silhouette and we could have chosen decks 8,7 and 6. I am not sure if we made the right choice. When sailing on the Eclipse this week we looked down from the aft railing on deck 14 to check out the corner balconies. We could look into almost the entire balcony of the deck 11 corner suite. Is there possibly more balcony privacy on deck 8, 7 or 6? Are all of the corner S1's the same size and do they all have 2 support columns in the cabin? Are these columns hard steel or do they have any form of padding? I know that many people love these cabins.

Anyone other opinions?

We're booked in suite 2151 deck 12 on Solstice for an upcoming Alaskan cruise in August. I have read some negatives of deck chair noise above. One writer said it was very noisy but many say not so much. A plus of this suite I have read is that it is the only aft deck that cannot be looked down upon from above. It is mostly covered and a writer from last summer's Alaskan cruise said with the drizzle up there it was nice to have the protection deck 12 afforded. I think that could be a very positive plus rather than having a wonderful aft suite you could not use in those conditions. There are corner aft S1s still available on decks 6 and 7 for my cruise but I think I will keep my current deck 12 suite. Thinking of the privacy and height location. Maybe if deck 11 opened up I might change but I look forward to this cruise. Regards Gerry.

Edited by buckeye rob

We are booked on Deck 12 on both our upcoming Reflection cruises. We specifically chose these suites because of the overhang which will provide much needed shade and privacy from anyone looking down from above. not at all concerned about noise from above....our experience in AFT suites has been that the sound of the wake is the only thing we hear.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I did a lot of research on this before booking our S1 aft onboard the Reflection. Do take note that the window washing machine is parked on a different deck on the Reflection than on the other S class ships. I cannot remember offhand which deck it is (either 10 or 11) but if you do a search on the boards there are very helpful pictures of the aft with the cabin numbers superimposed on each cabin which should assist.

Have fun planning!

We're booked in suite 2151 deck 12 on Solstice for an upcoming Alaskan cruise in August. I have read some negatives of deck chair noise above. One writer said it was very noisy but many say not so much. A plus of this suite I have read is that it is the only aft deck that cannot be looked down upon from above. It is mostly covered and a writer from last summer's Alaskan cruise said with the drizzle up there it was nice to have the protection deck 12 afforded. I think that could be a very positive plus rather than having a wonderful aft suite you could not use in those conditions. There are corner aft S1s still available on decks 6 and 7 for my cruise but I think I will keep my current deck 12 suite. Thinking of the privacy and height location. Maybe if deck 11 opened up I might change but I look forward to this cruise. Regards Gerry.

We are booked on Deck 12 on both our upcoming Reflection cruises. We specifically chose these suites because of the overhang which will provide much needed shade and privacy from anyone looking down from above. not at all concerned about noise from above....our experience in AFT suites has been that the sound of the wake is the only thing we hear.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Deck 12 is our favorite corner S1 as noted. The noise from outside the OV cafe has never been a problem for us and we love the overhang/privacy.

I have been in that S1 deck twelve cabin, and it is true the overhang was a benefit regarding privacy and shelter from the elements. However, there was noise from chair movement above due to the cafe. The better the weather, the greater the clatter. Didn't pose much of a problem around bedtime. Bon voyage.

While on board Eclipse earlier this week, we booked a Deck 12 aft corner S1 on Silhouette for January 2019 in the Caribbean. The size of the veranda/balcony appears to be quite a bit bigger than on the lower deck aft corner suites at the same price.

We chose it mainly because we liked the wide overhang on this year's S2 suite on Deck 12 - the balcony and its furniture stayed comfortably dry even when it was raining.

On the Reflection, deck 11 has the spider....FYI...there is not much difference except deck six for size on a few ships for S1 corner afts..you can find out this info' from reading the S cabin sticky and searching. Celebrity can tell you if it is obstructed too. I have heard pros and cons about deck 12, but have it booked in April of 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lastdance

We've stayed in 2146 on deck 12 a couple of times. I love it. I think we heard a chair on the deck above maybe twice. It lasted only seconds and we never heard it at night or early morning.

I'd take 2146 or 2151 as my first choice anytime! Note the suite number is different on Reflection.

I did a lot of research on this before booking our S1 aft onboard the Reflection. Do take note that the window washing machine is parked on a different deck on the Reflection than on the other S class ships. I cannot remember offhand which deck it is (either 10 or 11) but if you do a search on the boards there are very helpful pictures of the aft with the cabin numbers superimposed on each cabin which should assist.

Have fun planning!

On Reflection, the window washing contraptions are on Deck 11. I know that for a fact because I stayed in one of them. I would avoid those two S1's. On the other S-Class ships, but I'm pretty sure the window washing machines are on Deck 10. It was reported to be on Solstice on stateroom 1403. I would stay with the one on Deck 11.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42606131&postcount=2200

Edited by Wine-O