Live from he Navigator ! 12/23 sailing

eleang

Hello all !!! Our cruise date is finally here, boarding was very smooth, 0 waiting time, we are in a suite but also traveling with our son and MIL, we are able to checking together using the preferred boarding line but the regular line had almost no waiting as well.

Lunch at Windjammer cafe was ok, not super good but not bad. I recall from previous cruises having seen a bigger selection. Service was good.

Cabins were ready at 1:30pm. Here is our cabin : 6803e6ff8db8a958decd2ed7e3b0fa0e.jpg1febd9808ce4c81edcc88d72a6026ad1.jpg8f111b0887fca39b95d93fe13d12648c.jpg

Very spacious, plenty of closet space, love the balcony.

Still waiting for our luggage to be delivered.

Looking forward to a wonderful 11 days aboard this awesome ship !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Enjoy and hope it will be one of your best. Please let us all know when you can. Our first Navigator cruise about 5 years ago was super fantastic and anticipated an even better one November 2015 seeing that it had since been refurbished....it was very disappointing overall. Poor entertainment, activities, shoppes, MDR meals, very quiet and morbid...even on the Promenade unless you were in the bars. Our room overlooking the Promenade was great with wonderful service, enjoyed our meals in the buffet especially breakfast, Promenade cafe was great for snacks and people watching. Never saw so many very elderly people with walkers, wheelchairs, scooters etc. on a cruise before. Have got nothing against the elderly, I am and have been a geriatric nurse going on 47 years soon. Just way up there age wise. Just found it unusual and maybe more so because there were not a lot of kids on board when we sailed. So many negative reviews were posted about our particular cruise here on CC. So I know others felt the same.

Have a great cruise! Looking forward to your additional post! We are sailing on Navigator in 14 days!

Really glad to hear that embarkation was fast and easy, especially after reading some of the other posts on here lately and also considering how many ships are in port today.

Have a great time. Looking forward to your review. If you can would you mind posting the main dining room menus even if you don't plan on dining there? Are you in a Grand Suite? We are in one in five months.

Edited by jonj

Good morning !!!! We are sailing towards Bonaire [emoji1066], beautiful sunrise from our balcony! bfcce8f69c4b7bd1752c46dda5d0c6a9.jpg

Our luggage yesterday was in the floor, just had been left in the wrong cabin [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33] about 20 cabins down the hall!

The drill was fast and simple.

MDR (Sapphire) is beautiful, service was good, the list of the appetizers was very interesting: we tried the escargots, the Watermelon soup ( very good but sadly served in a plastic cup [emoji45]) and a smoke fish dip, also delicious. Main course had Prime Ribs, good as well. My MIL and son had been assigned to a different table, but the problem was corrected right away and we were moved to a 4 seat table that I love ❤️.

I have not been able to explore the ship [emoji568] much yet looking forward to it today !

Ready to spend our first [emoji319] Christmas on the ocean ! b7f4cb7e7f99f10209464bd6869bad9a.jpg

Eleang,

Hope you're having a great sailing. I believe your sailing is visiting St Kitts, correct? I may have a huge favor to ask of you. If you think you may be able to help, can you contact me at my username at America on line (the shorthand abbreviated version of course) dot com.

Thanks in advance!

Karin

I'm sailing on Navigator 9 nights in early February. So excited, love hearing about this ship. I am also Sailing on her again in June to Alaska. Thx for any and all info

I don't think Navigator has ever been to Alaska. But enjoy your cruise! :D:):D

Good morning from the Navigator !

After a few days sailing I can report that I'm in love with the Navigator, it is a completely different experience from the beautiful Oasis and Allure ships, smaller and less impressive but on the other side it is more intimate, more quiet which I love and elegant. The main dinning room is beautiful, there is pianist every night and the service has been consistently good, the food has been from very good to not so good some days. Our cruise is a sold out one but it does not feel packed and I have not seen any lines. Activities are not as great as the ones in the bigger ships, but there is a little bit for every taste: bingo, trivia, classes. Getting out and back of the ship at port has been very easy, no lines so far. My child is loving the kids club though I find it less appealing that the one in the biggest ships.

Our last day in the Navigator! Sailing back to Miami after a wonderful cruise. After these 10 days I'm in love with the Navigator, my view of the ship, not too big, not small, very well kept, it does not show age. It did not feel crowded at any time, there was almost no lines. The main dinning room my favorite feature on the Navigator: beautiful, elegant, it feels very open, our table 480 (4 person t)is next to a balcony and the stairs to the piano balcony stairs, close enough to the valley to get any request right away and private at the same time, I loved it. We had the best service ever, thank you to our waiter Benedito and his aid Petreus, they went out of the way every night to make our dinners special, the good apart from a couple of days was very good, the menu changed every night, I am a foodie and enjoyed it very much. Entertainment was good, there was plenty of seats available in the theater every night, I appreciated not having to make reservations, we had preferred seating for suite guests but did not have the need to use them.

The ice skating shows did get full very quickly, we had to watch them standing up ....