Live from he Navigator ! 12/23 sailing

eleang

Our last day in the Navigator! Sailing back to Miami after a wonderful cruise. After these 10 days I'm in love with the Navigator, my view of the ship, not too big, not small, very well kept, it does not show age. It did not feel crowded at any time, there was almost no lines. The main dinning room my favorite feature on the Navigator: beautiful, elegant, it feels very open, our table 480 (4 person t)is next to a balcony and the stairs to the piano balcony stairs, close enough to the valley to get any request right away and private at the same time, I loved it. We had the best service ever, thank you to our waiter Benedito and his aid Petreus, they went out of the way every night to make our dinners special, the good apart from a couple of days was very good, the menu changed every night, I am a foodie and enjoyed it very much. Entertainment was good, there was plenty of seats available in the theater every night, I appreciated not having to make reservations, we had preferred seating for suite guests but did not have the need to use them.

The ice skating shows did get full very quickly, we had to watch them standing up ....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can you post pictures of the main dining room menus in order?

We only stayed up later than 10 a couple of nights so did not experience the late night entertainment very much but the piano man at the Schooner bar was great, and there were several options every night around the ship to dance or listen to live music.

The diamond club in the Navigator is in the 14 floor, with beautiful views and a terrace, very lovely, for cocktail hours the entire 14 floor was closed to Diamond, diamond plus and pinnacle members. We went only one as our dinner seating time was at 6. I did not tried any of the hors d'oeuvres but the looked great ! We did not use the service of the diamond concierge so I have no comments on that.

Our suite 1548 a grand balcony suite was very very spacious, the bathroom is almost the size of a cabin with double sinks, plenty of storage and a shower tub combination. We had plenty of storage, drawers, closet space through out the cabin, this cabin is close the front port side elevators, it is very quiet and accessible, as the front elevators were less crowded than the back ones, also on flight of stairs up to the gym and spa. I will love to book this cabin again should we have that opportunity.

The concierge club room for the suite guest is not as nice as the Diamond one in this ship,

It is small and have no windows,

There was great coffee and cookies and hors d'oeuvres and drinks in the evening, though our concierge Nadja was very attentive and ready to help every time we needed her assistance, I can say honestly after cruising for many years she is the best concierge we've had in RC. I'm up to enjoy my last day at the Navigator. Happy 2017 to all !!!

Good morning !!!! We are sailing towards Bonaire [emoji1066], beautiful sunrise from our balcony! bfcce8f69c4b7bd1752c46dda5d0c6a9.jpg

Our luggage yesterday was in the floor, just had been left in the wrong cabin [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33] about 20 cabins down the hall!

The drill was fast and simple.

MDR (Sapphire) is beautiful, service was good, the list of the appetizers was very interesting: we tried the escargots, the Watermelon soup ( very good but sadly served in a plastic cup [emoji45]) and a smoke fish dip, also delicious. Main course had Prime Ribs, good as well. My MIL and son had been assigned to a different table, but the problem was corrected right away and we were moved to a 4 seat table that I love ❤️.

I have not been able to explore the ship [emoji568] much yet looking forward to it today !

Ready to spend our first [emoji319] Christmas on the ocean ! b7f4cb7e7f99f10209464bd6869bad9a.jpg

What a great way to spend Christmas - we have often thought of doing holiday cruising.....love your little tree :)

Thanks so much for this review - we will be sailing on the Navigator soon in a Royal Suite, I am happy to hear Nadja was attentive

How did you like Bonaire - we have been to the other Islands but booked this trip because we have never been to Bonaire.....getting excited

dst this was our first time to Bonaire, it is a very small island, i was told the beaches are not very nice, we took a bus tour of the island that ended in a small public beach, nothing special, it was good as we got a feeling of the island,we are traveling with my MIL and her mobility is a little bit limited. If we come back I would take one of the snorkeling tours and also venture a little bit walking in town on my own, the town is very small and feels very safe.

Our last day in the Navigator! Sailing back to Miami after a wonderful cruise. After these 10 days I'm in love with the Navigator, my view of the ship, not too big, not small, very well kept, it does not show age.

Glad your cruise went along fine and enjoyed it. Hope you have a smooth disembarkation.

We were also on this cruise and had an amazing time. It cruise was wonderful. The ship was in great shape and the crew was excellent.

My only disappointment came at disembark. #1, there is no Luggage Valet so I was already disappointed. We were in a Grand Suite and the LV is an included perk so I wasn't happy to find that this amenity was missing. I had read on other threads that the LV was disappearing. Let's hope it's not permanent. #2, the "priority" disembark was a joke ! We waited upstairs in Chops for the Concierge (Nadja...as others have stated, was wonderful !) to "expedite" our exit. It turns out, all she did was take us down the public elevator to Deck 4 and drop us off with the rest of the herd in a line we could have gotten into ourselves !

It seems that MIA does not have a priority Customs line nor does your baggage receive any kind of priority handling. We ended up in the Charlie Foxtrot at the baggage claim area with everyone else. Our bags went onto a luggage carousel along with everyone else's and received no priority whatsoever.

Not only that, but when we finally DID find our bags in the cluster and were headed for the Customs line we asked one of the agents, directing traffic, if they had a Global Entry line (we are both GE holders) and he said, "yes, but I don't have it open". What a wonderful response. That ticked us off even more. How ridiculous.

I realize that this situation is a function of the MIA Terminal and not Royal Caribbean's fault but it does not make me any happier to know that. I will not bother sailing out of MIA again until this situation changes. Hopefully it will, with the new terminal, but that's a long way off.

It's a shame, really b/c I love the NAV and I really enjoyed the extended cruise to the southern Caribbean but I will not pay Suites prices and not get the service I paid for.

Sorry to hear you had that experience, sadly to admit because Miami is my home city, but things here are not that organized, I don't recall having taken advantage of the Valet Luggage as we must of the time carry our own bags but I'm sure it would have made a big difference, we had to wait for our baggage coming our in the carrousel in a very crowded terminal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk