Silversea Water Cooler: Part 3, Welcome!

Host Dan

TTS...l have to be in the mood for Kedgeree but a damn good one can be heaven on a plate!

You must be getting organised for your cruise now....🍸

Storm 'Brian' seems to be mild here with mainly some nasty rain but very little wind but as it's dark and gloomy I'm having a sofa day with furry baby....and enjoying a nice glass or three of Chianti....

Jeff's soup luncheon got me thinking that l don't need such a huge meal so today it's a simple baked spud with tuna and melted cheese....with plenty of butter 😋

Six weeks today and I'll be heading for Dubai....not that I'm counting 😉

Greetings Coolers! Bright sunshine this morning! Sunshine at this time of year is a real spirit booster!

J...your soup looks delicious. I did have to wander off to research the dish that inspired the soup. The breakfast meal version seems very filling but chock full of yummy. I'm sure your soup was too! Can't wait for your trip reports for the upcoming safari! :)

Miss S.....I love sofa days! Wonderful way to spend a rainy, gloomy day! It does seem to me that counting down the days actually makes them go by quicker. :) Hope you have an awesome time on your cruise!

Happy cruise thoughts to all venturing forth in the next little while...JP and Chris, Penny and TTS!

Have a great day all!

Good morning:)........I am here;)..........no cruising plans yet.......I can't believe I can't decide what to do for the big

Birthday......I am not normally this fickle........oh well, I will figure out something to do:D

Yes J...it will be lonely. Lois, Cam and I may have to sit in the darkened Cooler Bar waiting patiently for someone to buy us a drink. :) Your meal looks delish! I am intrigued by the spot of blue in the photo. What pray tell is it?

Lois.....is there something you have always wanted to do and haven't done? Needn't be a big trip. Maybe cast your mind back to something you loved as a child that you haven't enjoyed since. Or a favourite activity or location or meal. Something that you got excited about as a kid. Just a thought. :)

:) Your meal looks delish! I am intrigued by the spot of blue in the photo. What pray tell is it?:)

That was intriquing. I took it with the ipad and looked at the two others. It is actually light from the window hitting the plate, and causing a small shadow under the end of the chicken. The edge of the chicken there ... is the edge of the chicken! :)

TTS...l have to be in the mood for Kedgeree but a damn good one can be heaven on a plate!

You must be getting organised for your cruise now....🍸

Actually we are sitting in the club lounge of the InterContinental in Madrid celebrating my 60th today. Being taken to a Michelin rosetted restaurant for din dins. Yum!

Nervously following the events in Catalonia as we will be arriving in Barcelona 8 Nov to sail on 10 Nov on the Wind.

Parents at home looking after pooch and holding down the roof in the gales. Balmy 22 in Madrid and sunny. It's hard but someone's got to do it.

Further to the above : Madrid seems to be very much under the radar for city breaks and we can't understand why. This really is a splendid place and deserves to be rated along with Paris, Amsterdam, Barcelona etc as offering a great experience. Not expensive either and brilliant public transport.

Happy Birthday TTS .... and hope you really enjoy Madrid .... and unless you have the full free mini bar don't be tempted .... I bet the prices have gone up since our last visit.

Will you try some of the local delicacies like suckling pig or calamari sandwiches and hit the tapas bars ?

9aef0e23b437d4206b42c39f27b00090.jpg

d182e1fd955befcd745a98545e5ee16d.jpg

3fe3c9ceb13ffb2b60d597bb8355b549.jpg

c30fc134f2e3ccf80a4e575d8e12160e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks jeff. No mini bar for us but the Club lounge here is the best we have experienced with food and drink from 0600 to 2330! The food they provide is varied and surprisingly Spanish - I know that sounds daft but often we find just a generic international offering that is less than scintillating.

We will, of course, ensure that each of the 11 courses of tonight's tasting menu is savoured and I shall also try to keep Mrs TTS out of the kitchen. She has a habit of ending up chatting to the chef and staff after service. Old habits and all that.

Yes J...it will be lonely. Lois, Cam and I may have to sit in the darkened Cooler Bar waiting patiently for someone to buy us a drink. :) Your meal looks delish! I am intrigued by the spot of blue in the photo. What pray tell is it?

Lois.....is there something you have always wanted to do and haven't done? Needn't be a big trip. Maybe cast your mind back to something you loved as a child that you haven't enjoyed since. Or a favourite activity or location or meal. Something that you got excited about as a kid. Just a thought. :)

Hi Mysty:)...thanks for the suggestion......oh my favorite things (besides cruising) is sports....yes, football/baseball, etc.

And if I could turn back time? I would have my Dad with me and would treat him to the SUPERBOWL.....but he is no

longer with us......and as much as I love football, going to the Superbowl (which in in Minnesota this coming Feb), well

going to that one on my own? Just not really appealing..........I will find a cruise to take.....just have to figure out which

one:)

TTS, I hope you share details of this tasting menu so that we can vicariously share it along with you! Unless you are fery lucky, I think you might find that happy hour in the IC lounge doesn't extend all the way through to closing time! Sadly.

:)

That's the thing. It does! It really is very civilised. I shall do my best to remember the meal but might need Madame's help depending on how much of the vino collapso I get through. Table ready in 10 minutes. Warming up the muscles of mastication.

That's the thing. It does! It really is very civilised. I shall do my best to remember the meal but might need Madame's help depending on how much of the vino collapso I get through. Table ready in 10 minutes. Warming up the muscles of mastication.

If you are saying that the drinks are gratis until it shuts that is extremely unusual as over the last year or so IC group have been mandating that each property has to fully comply with very tight and strict guidelines on almost everything so that the offering across all ICs are consistant. So afternoon tea and the evening offering must be served and not just be buffet and the cocktail / happy hours are part of the fairly strict rulles. Good for you if it is really that good!

Enjoy your evening. :)

Happy Birthday TTS! Sounds like a great celebration. We have been thinking about Madrid for a weekend getaway (long weekend, that is). Maybe for Chris' birthday in January? Have never been but very much want to go.

Just finished dinner. The latest installment of the "clean out the freezer" saga was created from two chicken thighs. Olive oil, salt, and pepper, then cooked to a crisp on the grill over indirect heat. The skin was shatteringly crisp...

Served over kamut (an ancient wheat grain) which had been cooked in chicken bullion. Simply accompanied by green/spring onions and parsley. So few ingredients. But tasty!

7224650f83f0b945c841512bee24ea89.jpg

Now, off to try to finish packing!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

It does look tasty, JP! Now, Madrid (and I love her...as the song goes) is not as inviting in January...too cold, and the locals have mostly fled to warmer climes. But, it is still a grand city you and Chris can enjoy. I'm sure you and Chris like to walk, as do Roberto and I, and many sights are within walking distance for us...but not for many people. Just ask if you have any question for me. We will probably be there in the Spring for Roberto's music.

Good Evening All,

Nice plate JP! You might remember a year or two back I was making "ancient loaves" using a sourdough starter and kamut flour, In the event you and Chris decide to do Madrid, and if you wish to base yourself at the Intercontinental as TTS, happy to suggest some ways of maximising it ieg decent rates etc.

Today we re-watched the BBC trilogy of Niles Rodgers life and contribution to music ..... what a genius!

JP...I echo J's comment on your dish!

Another project in celebration of Canada's 150th......"Canada C3 is a Signature Project for Canada's 150th Anniversary of Confederation in 2017. The centrepiece is an epic 150-day sailing journey from Toronto to Victoria via the Northwest Passage. Through this unprecedented journey, Canada C3 is celebrating our environment, sharing the stories of coastal communities and connecting Canadians from coast to coast to coast."

The map......https://canadac3.ca/en/expedition/expedition-map/

The website: https://canadac3.ca/en/expedition/