Silversea Water Cooler: Part 3, Welcome!

Host Dan

Thanks Penny and Miss S.! I found a lot of truth there as well. I sent it to my son but not my daughter. Not sure how it will be received by the son but I have a good idea what the daughter would think.

Miss S....sounds like a lovely breakfast! Glad the India photo shoot went well! Not being allowed to smile makes us all look like convicts or wannabe convicts.

The India visa photo session followed with great success....l hope...even though l look like a convict from Holloway Prison!

Chuckle...love those passport mug shots!

Too bad you are arriving via cruise ship and have to do the traditional India visa. I've heard that it's a real pain in the posterior.

When we went to India in February for our tour, we could do the e-visa. It was a simple process, but it only applies if you are arriving into one of their airports. I filled out a form online, submitted a digital photo of myself, and a copy of my passport, and paid with a credit card. It was approved in a matter of hours, and I printed the approval document and took it with me to the airport in Delhi. Immigration took less than 5 minutes.

Jeff - sounds yummy! Deep fried dough with tasty vegetable inclusions. What could be better?

So you should L. Made a Rosso gravy .....

How are you today? Hope your spirits are good and your keeping yourself in the green zone .... and not sinking to the red! :)

I had another no sleep night last night. Just couldn't do it. I'm now the worlds expert on the drugs cartels, and Niles Rodgers thanks to the Beeb and Netflix. Seem to have a night or two when I can get four of five hours and then a wretched non-sleeping night. Wifey thinks I have never had normal sleep like others and she thinks it was because I become deep programmed for working at nights and relaxing days when younger and never normalised.

Today I was getting all my emergency electrics ready for another winter of unannounced power cuts. Bigger batteries arrived and I've got decent inverters and we now have a well oiled procedure when it goes.

Hi Jeff, wow, so you are up in the middle of the night alot? I wake normally once.......to use the bathroom:rolleyes:.....then back

to sleep:)

I feel pretty good today, thanks for asking.:)

Would someone with recent experience of Silversea Whisper tell me if the embarkation time is firmly 14:00 to 16:00 as it says on our ticket for next week's cruise. The ship leaves from Montreal. And if we cannot board earlier please tell me how comfortable the waiting area is and if there is a restaurant nearby.

We are on our first Silversea cruise. We usually cruise with Seabourn and like the check-in service starting at noon. We board by 13:00, have

lunch in the Colonnade (buffet) restaurant, and can go to our suites at 14:00.

Thank you!

Markham, my experience with around eight SS cruises is similar to Seabourn, which we also have enjoyed. We usually arrive at the port at noon and are quickly checked in, and aboard for lunch. You can have lunch at La Terraza (equivalent to Colonnade) or go to the pool deck, where you will be served (no buffet). Suites are usually ready by 2:00pm. Wishing you a very enjoyable cruise!

Greetings Coolers! Rainy and gloomy here today!

J...the lamb looks scrumptious! Yum!!!

Welcome Markham!

To dispel the gloom Myster made a wonderful chicken and barley soup! It was delicious!

DSC05167.JPG

DSC05168.JPG

Have a great evening all!

We just had a mini tornado-like episode in our neck of the woods...today's high was 74F and tomorrow's will be 49F. I understand Ophelia has lost her way and is heading north east. I believe that's very uncommon. I hope you all in Ireland, Scotland and rest of UK are planning for very bad weather... Time to pop the bubbles!!

Yummy soup mysty! I baked bread a few weeks ago for the first time in forever. Not half bad...made great sandwiches. A nice milk-based recipe with eggs, and sesame seeds on top. Here it is waiting for the oven.

67844fcdb05d0974a9ea4ebdd158d1d1.jpg

Will have to get back into it after the cruise, but it's too easy to buy nice bread at the local supermarket. They have an on-site bakery which makes nice stuff.

We had a nice weather day here in Albany, and we were actually off this weekend. Did some housecleaning, but nothing too strenuous, so we could rest up for our on-call week. That starts tomorrow, then we fly out the Tuesday after that!

Beautiful weather though. High of 80F and sunny. Went for a long walk along side the Hudson, to stretch our legs after running yesterday. Love that we still have the windows open now, enjoying the night breeze. Pleasant dreams all!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Greetings Coolers!

Over the past summer, to celebrate Canada's 150th Anniversary, there were a number of events.

MosaïCanada 150/Gatineau 2017 was a spectacular horticultural celebration celebrating the art of mosaiculture and a tribute to Canada's 150 years of history.

Canada's 10 provinces and 3 territories, as well as First Nations Québec and Labrador, unite to present 33 masterful works over five historical sectors. The horticultural friendship uniting Canada with Shanghai and Beijing has also led to coloured works of art which will delight the eye.

This tribute to Canada's 150 years of history and its founding peoples was placed under the responsibility of the Mosaïcultures Internationales de Montréal. It was a huge success.

Here is a link to the story and pictures from our visit.

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/looking-back-at-canada-150s-mosaicanada-by-the-numbers

DSC05137.JPG

DSC05139.JPG

DSC05156a.jpg

Have a great day all!

Thanks Penny and J! Penny, these creations were set up in Jacques Cartier Park across the river from Ottawa in Gatineau, Quebec. The installation opened on June 30 and closed yesterday (October 15). They had over 1.3 million visitors. There were 33 plant-based sculptures. 3 million plants were used and 40 horticulturists kept the displays in beautiful shape over the 107 day run.

J.....lunch looks delicious! "Being Canadian" was amusing? We are a rather humourous lot! :) Did you learn anything? Now I'm going to have to find that Netflix program.