Booking mistake on the Dawn.

Larhar

I just completed booking a cruise on the Norwegian Dawn through NCL's web site. I picked the wrong departure date. I need to move it up a week. I haven't found a way to do it on NCL's web site. Anybody know if I can do this online or do I need to call?

I just completed booking a cruise on the Norwegian Dawn through NCL's web site. I picked the wrong departure date. I need to move it up a week. I haven't found a way to do it on NCL's web site. Anybody know if I can do this online or do I need to call?

Call your PCC, changing dates IS cancelling and booking a new cruise so any cancellation fees in effect will apply.

Can't do it yourself. Call the reservations number. Will be a cancel and rebook with any associated cancellation fees.

Edited by BirdTravels

You should book through a travel agent. I gave my agent the wrong date and she was able to contact the cruise line and have the date corrected. A good agent can call in a favour.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Except you can normally get a better deal by NOT using a TA and you do not end up with a 3rd party stuck in the middle of your reservation.

Except you can normally get a better deal by NOT using a TA and you do not end up with a 3rd party stuck in the middle of your reservation.

This is exactly why I DO either use a TA OR speak directly to an NCL CSR or PCC to make the booking. All the more so if the book date is already within 90 days of the cruise. A moment of inattention or a slip of the finger not immediately noticed could result in a costly cancel and rebook if in the penalty phase. Hopefully the OP is outside this period and he'll only have to worry about a possible different rate or promos on the actual date needed.

As far as getting a better deal by booking direct, it is actually a route to getting the worst possible deal. It is well documented on this board that the extra perks offered by a TA in the form of OBC, reduced cruise fare and extras not offered with the booking by NCL direct such as free gratuities, make using a TA usually well worth it.

Who do you think will fare better with NCL on the phone in a sticky situation, a TA from a agency who books $$$$$ with NCL every year and has done hundreds if not thousands of bookings and knows exactly what is possible, or Joe Blow from Milwaukee who has never booked a cruise before who will have no idea whether the CSR at NCL knows what they are talking about, or not?

If you are staying on the same ship, booking the same category of cabin and you are before final payment, the only thing that MAY change is the cruise price due to week to week fluctuations and the taxes if the same ship is visiting different ports.

You will keep the same booking number, keep the same perks, and it is not considered a cancel/rebook and there will be no fees or penalties from NCL to do this.

If you are after final payment, it's a different story.

Edited by AdGuyMG

Chnaging a date is ALWAYS consider a cancel and a rebook, but as long as it is before final payment it doesn't matter.

You will get a booking number, the perks that are in effect at the time of the rebooking, and it ALWAYS considered a cancel/rebook and even if there are no fees or penalties from NCL to do this.

Of REAL Concern changes made within 90 days before sailing (Final Payment Date)

and less so changes with sailing less than 9 months away - Latitudes Rewards Points -

loss of double points.

Go back to the NCL website and check on pricing between what you have booked

and what you should have or are about to change - have the prices/fares changed ?

If not good !

Any Promos for either booking - anything changed here ?

You might loose them !

IN ANY EVENT CONTACT NCL or AGENT "NOW" !

Don't wait - this mess could cost you more than you think !

There is a possibility that this might be in your favor - BUT DON'T COUNT ON IT !

Changes - did you book airfare travel arrangements ?

Airlines are not forgiving either - Multi $100's in Change fees and fare changes !

Please come back and tell us all went well and if not what that was.

Will help others here to avoid a pitfall !

Good Luck - wishing you the best !

You should book through a travel agent. I gave my agent the wrong date and she was able to contact the cruise line and have the date corrected. A good agent can call in a favour.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The is no need for a travel agent...it is a simple phone call. It will probably only take about 5-10 min and the op will be finished. :rolleyes:

Thanks to all that replied.

I called NCL earlier this morning. I was talking to a real person in less then a minute. :) Got the date changed with no extra charges or cancellations. The lady even recommended a cabin change to a location on a different deck that she thought would be a better cabin! I'm impressed with NCL's customer service.

This will be our 3rd trip to Bermuda on the Dawn. The count down has started.