Pizza - Majesty of the Seas

IrishSails

We returned from the Majesty yesterday. We knew it was a small, older ship, so no surprises there. Like everything I read on the boards, the crew was delightful. We always enjoy ourselves on a cruise!

I know this is petty, but, we were really surprised at how bad the pizza was. Our son, is very limited in the foods he will eat. (Please no criticism, there are reasons, Id rather not get into here.) The crust was gummy, very little sauce, odd cheese texture, and not usually hot.

We have not cruised on RCCL in about 5 years, but, have 2 others booked. Is this the norm for Sorrento's?

I appreciate any input!

Thanks!

We returned from the Majesty yesterday. We knew it was a small, older ship, so no surprises there. Like everything I read on the boards, the crew was delightful. We always enjoy ourselves on a cruise!

I know this is petty, but, we were really surprised at how bad the pizza was. Our son, is very limited in the foods he will eat. (Please no criticism, there are reasons, Id rather not get into here.) The crust was gummy, very little sauce, odd cheese texture, and not usually hot.

We have not cruised on RCCL in about 5 years, but, have 2 others booked. Is this the norm for Sorrento's?

I appreciate any input!

Thanks!

Did you just take a prepared slice? Some people report that when you ask them to make a "custom pizza", for some reason, it's a better tasting pizza.

Carnival's new pizza hands down is the BOMB. Made Neapolitan style and the added 24 hours a day. Now, I'm not going on Carnival any time soon nor picking it over Royal just because of the pizza, but it sure was tasty. Shame Royal still serves that miserable pizza. I've had better frozen pizzas.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We tried both, something might have gotten a little lost in translation, for lack of a better phrase. We are on the Independence OTS and Brilliance OTS next, any first hand knowledge there?

Thanks!

Same on every boat. I sailed the Radiance and the Empress this year and still the same bad pizza on both ships.

We've found the pizza on all Royal ships to be pretty bad but have discovered that if we are making good use of our drink packages, it becomes tastier. :D

Yep. It fills it's place as a late night alcohol absorber.

Pizza is cheap and easy to make. There is zero reason for it to be on par (if not a step below) store bought frozen pizza. I just don't get it.

Dan.

Best pizza at sea....Princess

Worst pizza at sea....Royal Caribbean (all ships and venues)

Wish they would do something about it!

"Best?" That's a bit of a stretch (unless, of course, you've actually eaten the pizza served on every cruise line).

Yep. It fills it's place as a late night alcohol absorber.

Pizza is cheap and easy to make. There is zero reason for it to be on par (if not a step below) store bought frozen pizza. I just don't get it.

Dan.

Truly great pizza is not relatively "cheap." San Marzano tomatoes, semolina flour, extra virgin olive oil, fresh basil, whole milk mozzarella ....

The crust was gummy, very little sauce, odd cheese texture, and not usually hot.

I appreciate any input!

Thanks!

Sounds like typical Royal "pizza". It is worse than a generic brand frozen pizza, in my opinion.

I am an avid pizza eater and I really wish they would find a way to have good pizza onboard.

We've found the pizza on all Royal ships to be pretty bad but have discovered that if we are making good use of our drink packages, it becomes tastier. :D

Yes, hands down worst pizza ever. It's hard to eat even when I am drunk! [emoji31] the strange texture cheese is weird. (I think it's imitation)

However, I have heard if you get a special delivery to your room by drunk friends it is very tasty!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Truly great pizza is not relatively "cheap." San Marzano tomatoes, semolina flour, extra virgin olive oil, fresh basil, whole milk mozzarella ....

Compared to Royal, Totinos is truly great and they are often .99 on sale!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums