Vista reviews?

Live to Dream

I don't read a lot into reviews. There are too many people who are too critical over every detail. I think you're going to get what you always get with Carnival, with a few extra new perks. Let yourself be your own critic and enjoy your vacation! Don't let a bunch of unhappy people ruin that.

I would never be worried or think about canceling a cruise based on other people's opinions unless the ship was in dire need of repair to the point of feeling unsafe or it was so filthy that it was unbearable.

There are so many things that are left up to individual interpretation. Even people that have been on the same cruise can have vastly different cruises. I can appreciate when people like certain things or don't but I don't let it influence my decisions as everyone is different. What I like others may not and vice versa.

I will wait to make my own judgements about a ship once I sail it and I am not concerned in the least about my upcoming Vista cruise. Do I expect it to be perfect? No. Very few of them ever are, but I won't deny myself the experience based on how others feel. Now if I go and don't like it as much as the Conquest Class ships, at least I can say I tried it and I'll have a wonderful time no matter what!

Think about all the thousands of people who have sailed the Vista and were very happy that didn't do a review. I'm on the Vista April 22nd. I've read the reviews as well. I don't cruise during holidays, spring break, or when school is out. Most new ships with a new crew have their negative reviews. The NCL Escape did this year and I worried ...... for no reason. Simply great and would sail it again. Let things get straightened out and the crew get more experience. I am sure Carnival has received notice of the complaints people are having and will address them. You have plenty of time ...... There are those people that expect perfection and feel they MUST be critical of the Vista no matter what. I'm easy to please so not too many worries here ...... I expect crowds and lines to some degree.

I think the reviews in the Member Riews section seem to be more balanced then the reviews that are written in the Carnival thread.

I think some have legit complaints, but those may not affect all of us. A big one is the Comedy Club. I don't go to those shows, so that wasn't a negative for me.

On the TA, Ocean Plaza would get crowded during crafts and trivia, but I really didn't notice overcrowding in a lot of places.

But my experience and the times I'm up and about may be a lot different than others, so maybe that's why I didn't feel the overcrowding.

I enjoyed my 33 days on the Vista.

I agree with others (I am in the middle of writing about my Vista experience) and it was overall a very nice cruise. Perfect? No, but still pretty good.

I've been reading the thoughts of others on my sailing. One person hated the lasagna in Cucina del Capitano, while DH & I LOVED it (I thought the best lasagna I had ever eaten-ate it two days in a row).

Now we didn't go to any shows, hung out mostly in the Havana area & thermal suite, both capacity controlled, and never ate dinner in the dining room. I did hear complaints, with 4700+ on PAX its bound to occur, but I also saw lots of smiling happy people.

Hearing a lot of negative reviews on the Vista...we are booked on April 8 2017....should I be worried? Forums mobile app

...You have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to worry about. We did the Repo from NYC to Miami this past November and had a fantastic time! We had some rough seas leaving New York City, and the ship handled it very smoothly. Staff was great, food was good and the new shows are NOT to be missed.

...Was there little things that were not perfect, of course. The Salad Bar in Serenity was fantastic, but the hours are too short. Same with Guy's BBQ. You weren't able to hear any announcements in the cabin, so we had to jump up and open the cabin door if we wanted to hear what the CD had to say. The one major problem we had with the ship was the layout of the showroom. As most know by now, it is a dual purpose room, as it is set up as a disco at night. So the individual chairs are just placed in a semi-circle on the floor in front of the stage. They are very tightly packed together. No drink tables. IMHO, it wasn't bad enough to miss a show, but we skipped the Past Guest Party because we knew the room would be packed with no available seating.

...All in all the ship was great and we would definitely book the Vista again. Pay no attention to the "One Line Larry's" who jump in here and tell you about something wrong with the ship. Fear not, you're going to have a great time!

Hearing a lot of negative reviews on the Vista...we are booked on April 8 2017....should I be worried?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

Just go and enjoy yourself. Everyone looks for something different in a cruise. The complaints are mainly about the reduce size of some facilities in comparison with other ships. Just try to get to events very early

It's disappointing to hear that about the show room. We sailed the breeze this last summer and loved it. One of the highlights was the beautiful two-story show room with lots of seating and drink tables in part of it. I don't like the idea of having to see a show with just regular chairs moved in and not haveing drink tables etc. Out of all of the reviews I've read that's the only concern I have, I know the rest of the stuff is totally subjective and I think I would love the vista otherwise, but the showroom has me wondering. We have another breeze booked in 2017 and looking to book a vista one too after that.

My family just got off the Vista on December 24. Overall, we loved it.

Yes, the lounge and comedy club are WAY too small for the number of passengers onboard. But we were able to easily get seats for the morning shows and the kids shows. We did not try to get into other shows.

We thought the staff was great. Our room steward was phenomenal, with 4 of us stuffed in a balcony room. We had no issues with storage in our cabin.

The food was generally good, with limited hours. We were surprised at the limited amount of food offerings after 10 pm.

There were tons of families on board, and lots of kids, and my boys had a great time with all the kid activities. Yes, there were some lines for the stuff up top, but if you timed it right, it wasn't too bad.

As with the other posters, a cruise can be what you make of it. We made it a lot of fun.

Hearing a lot of negative reviews on the Vista...we are booked on April 8 2017....should I be worried?

[/url]

I agree in general with everyone saying people's reviews should be taken lightly. However, when the major complaints are all about the same things and those are the things that I enjoy most about the cruise, I do take notice. The layout of the showroom/disco, the long lines for the comedy shows, the long lines for food and the smaller dining rooms and sometimes long waits for that all affect things I enjoy on a cruise. I don't have a cruise booked on Vista, and there are things I would like to experience about it but at this point I'm really on the fence about whether I will book the Vista.

It really does have to be about your own tastes and opinions and not those of reviewers.

I agree in general with everyone saying people's reviews should be taken lightly. However, when the major complaints are all about the same things and those are the things that I enjoy most about the cruise, I do take notice. The layout of the showroom/disco, the long lines for the comedy shows, the long lines for food and the smaller dining rooms and sometimes long waits for that all affect things I enjoy on a cruise. I don't have a cruise booked on Vista, and there are things I would like to experience about it but at this point I'm really on the fence about whether I will book the Vista.

It really does have to be about your own tastes and opinions and not those of reviewers.

I was on the last Med and the TA in October/November and while overall I love the ship, the theater was a big negative for me. I can't really comment about the lines on the buffet since I don't eat there often and when I do, it's usually later in the evening.

Things I liked about the Vista were the Alchemy Bar, Ocean Plaza, and the Atrium. I didn't notice a lot of crowding in the public areas.

I would go and form your own opinions.

Just curious, are you comparing this to other Carnival ships or other cruise lines?

Barry

My family just got off the Vista on December 24. Overall, we loved it.

Yes, the lounge and comedy club are WAY too small for the number of passengers onboard. But we were able to easily get seats for the morning shows and the kids shows. We did not try to get into other shows.

We thought the staff was great. Our room steward was phenomenal, with 4 of us stuffed in a balcony room. We had no issues with storage in our cabin.

The food was generally good, with limited hours. We were surprised at the limited amount of food offerings after 10 pm.

There were tons of families on board, and lots of kids, and my boys had a great time with all the kid activities. Yes, there were some lines for the stuff up top, but if you timed it right, it wasn't too bad.

As with the other posters, a cruise can be what you make of it. We made it a lot of fun.

Just curious, are you comparing this to other Carnival ships or other cruise lines?

Barry

Barry,

I'm comparing this to food in general. We have not been on a cruise in 4 years, and this was only our 5th cruise overall, and first on Carnival. And I cannot remember what food options were open at 10 pm back then. This time, it stuck out, since that's when we would pick the kids up from kids' club and they wanted something to eat. So pizza it was.

We did not pay for any of our meals, with the exception of Chef's Table which was excellent. All of our food was good - nothing outstanding, nothing terrible. If we didn't like something, we would order something else. We consider ourselves "foodies" (hailing from NYC and now living in DC) but also recognize that this food is designed to please most people most of the time.

had peach one day and mango the other....... menu was boring on Vista.

OK so those are cold soups :rolleyes:. The American Table menus are pretty standard on all the ships that have them (maybe a couple things are tweaked especially in the Port of Call section). So you don't like the AT menu because it's boring. Then don't go on any other Carnival ship that has it because it's about the same. And really, it's not all that different from the "old" menus, either. Better try a different cruise line.