TWO SISTERS - Harmony & Allure

This morning, there was a very cool sight in viewing the St. Maarten port website.

Similar to the recent "Three Sisters" lineup of the 3 Oasis Class ships, those online early Tuesday morning (12/27) got to witness the docking of 2 of these "sisters" next to each other at this popular location port.

A somewhat rare event to see:

attachment.php?attachmentid=925&d=1482843431

attachment.php?attachmentid=926&d=1482843432

attachment.php?attachmentid=928&d=1482843434

attachment.php?attachmentid=929&d=1482843435

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

Just a question - is RCL considering Harmony as part of the Oasis Class? With all the new "News" regarding her, I almost got the impression Harmony was starting a "new" class.

I recognize there are new features compared to Oasis/Allure but then again the Oasis has had upgrades/modifications since I was on her. The modified features are not that major but makes sense as technology and marketing advance; just look at Navy ships with different "Flights". Even each of the Nimitz Class aircraft carriers (comparable size and detail) had differences in each hull as delivered. Many of the modifications were added or changed during major overhauls.

Having been on Oasis and Allure, it is easy to pick up on the differences but at less than a meter longer and wider, those small differences are not unusual in any ship "Class". Example - I missed the Crown Lounge on the Oasis that is now the Suite Lounge / Coastal Kitchen; an update since 2007.

I am not a classification "nut" ; just interested!

No matter what, the pics are excellent!

Edited by Rubicon55

Just a question - is RCL considering Harmony as part of the Oasis Class? With all the new "News" regarding her, I almost got the impression Harmony was starting a "new" class.

I recognize there are new features compared to Oasis/Allure but then again the Oasis has had upgrades/modifications since I was on her. The modified features are not that major but makes sense as technology and marketing advance; just look at Navy ships with different "Flights". Even each of the Nimitz Class aircraft carriers (comparable size and detail) had differences in each hull as delivered. Many of the modifications were added or changed during major overhauls.

Having been on Oasis and Allure, it is easy to pick up on the differences but at less than a meter longer and wider, those small differences are not unusual in any ship "Class". Example - I missed the Crown Lounge on the Oasis that is now the Suite Lounge / Coastal Kitchen; an update since 2007.

I am not a classification "nut" ; just interested!

No matter what, the pics are excellent!

Harmony is another Oasis class.

There are a few differences...but fundamentally the same size/class ship.

I just looked at one of the sites that shows what cruise ships are in what ports. In addition to the two sisters, there's three other ships for a total of 18,798 passengers, assuming all ships are at capacity, which is probably the case for the week between XMAS and New Years Day. Must be a massive people jam on shore!