Excellence class? LNG ships.

DutchCruiseFan

It looks there is a name on the front but can't really see what's standing there, is it Carnival Reflection? Also it looks like there is a new kind of paint job done on the side of the ship wich i really like!!

Edited by DutchCruiseFan

I wonder if this means Vista 3 won't be named Carnival Reflection, or if Carnival taking a Vista class ship way from P&O will make Carnival get a new name for the ship due in 2020. Keep in mind there's a second LNG-powered ship due in 2022.

So the working name of the 180k Class has been since nearly the beginning the "XL" class. I'm wondering if what we are seeing played out is similar to the old school game of telephone? XL pronounced similar to Excel...

Also wondering if that model really is the new 180k - or simply a 3rd Vista class ship with a new livery that we might see come to all the ships in the future?

So the working name of the 180k Class has been since nearly the beginning the "XL" class. I'm wondering if what we are seeing played out is similar to the old school game of telephone? XL pronounced similar to Excel...

Also wondering if that model really is the new 180k - or simply a 3rd Vista class ship with a new livery that we might see come to all the ships in the future?

It is definitely not a Vista class and this model looks the earlier renderings they released of the new ships.

See the picture of this page. http://www.themeditelegraph.com/en/shipping/shipyard-and-offshore/2015/09/27/fincantieri-cashing-lng-ships-for-costa-0xIhlXMO7mN6Yud0CpAFZI/index.html

It is def similar to the costa ship and not vista

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

These pics have me excited again about this class of ship. Doubt we will get more detail till the Horizon and Vista III details come out.

Sent from my iPhone

• 1 year later...
According to wikipedia the succesor of the Vista class is named the excellence class. Never heard of it before and i know wikipedia is a bit untrustworthy, but is the name of the new LNG ships excellence class?

Carnival Excellence, sounds good to me :D

Wikipedia states the ships are for several Carnival brands with only 2 of the ships under the Carnival brand in 2020 and 2022. I think the information is consistent with the press releases I remember Carnival Corporation previously releasing. Excellence is an interesting name for a class of ships.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excellence-class_cruise_ship

Not good....183,000 Tons and 6600 passengers.... Just looks like they added 2 or 3 decks onto the ship for passengers....RCL Oasis Class holds 6500 but with a beam (width ) close to 200'.... and a tonnage north of 200,000