How does the All-Inclusive Alcohol package work?

Taishartrueblood

Hey there, thanks for any help.

We got the all-inclusive alcohol package, but how does it actually function on the ships? I have sailed Disney before only and basically everyone has a card (like a credit card) that the carry around with them. Waiters will then come up (or you can go to the bar) to see what drink you need. You then "pay" for the drink with the card, sign a receipt, and at the end of the cruise you were charged.

With the all-inclusive drink package, will it basically work the same except that at the end of the cruise you are not charged? Will the waiters already know that their tip is included?

Also, since I have you here and you are nice :P Will the 3 speciality dinners included package (also a freebe) work the same way? You "pay" for your dinner with the card but at the end of the cruise you are not charged. We would still, I assume, pay gratuity for those specialty dinners?

Thanks so much!

Based on my experience and through a couple conversations with the bar tenders these are my findings. I'm sure someone with more experience can expand on these initial comments.

You do have a card. Mine listed UBP (Ultimate Beverage Package) on it and they do scan it. There were no charges on my card for drinks, except for when we were in Florida, we were charged FL. tax.

As for tips there is not a "tip" per drink like you would think. They are tipped based on the total, not how many drinks they serve. One of my favorite bartenders gave me a taste of a drink before I ordered one. I told him to scan my card so he got a tip, and he explained that was not how it worked. I made sure to keep a few $5 on me, from that point on, so that I was able to reward their hard work, when applicable. Especially those who were bringing drinks to me at the pool.

Didn't have the dinning package so I cannot help you with that one.

We got the all-inclusive alcohol package, but how does it actually function on the ships? I have sailed Disney before only and basically everyone has a card (like a credit card) that the carry around with them. Waiters will then come up (or you can go to the bar) to see what drink you need. You then "pay" for the drink with the card, sign a receipt, and at the end of the cruise you were charged. Yes it is called your room card. No need to sign any receipt. They swipe your room card and you go off to drink.

With the all-inclusive drink package, will it basically work the same except that at the end of the cruise you are not charged? Will the waiters already know that their tip is included? There is no need to even think about tipping if you have the package unless you want to add a little extra.

Also, since I have you here and you are nice :P Will the 3 speciality dinners included package (also a freebe) work the same way? You "pay" for your dinner with the card but at the end of the cruise you are not charged. We would still, I assume, pay gratuity for those specialty dinners? You get a docket for this and sign but it comes, if you have both food and drink packages, with a zero balance. No Gratuity needed as you will have paid the 18% up front as you will have done for the drink package too, unless you are in a suite when the gratuity is also built in.

Thanks so much!

Enjoy your cruise and the packages!!

We got the all-inclusive alcohol package, but how does it actually function on the ships? I have sailed Disney before only and basically everyone has a card (like a credit card) that the carry around with them. Waiters will then come up (or you can go to the bar) to see what drink you need. You then "pay" for the drink with the card, sign a receipt, and at the end of the cruise you were charged.

With the all-inclusive drink package, will it basically work the same except that at the end of the cruise you are not charged? Will the waiters already know that their tip is included?

Also, since I have you here and you are nice :P Will the 3 speciality dinners included package (also a freebe) work the same way? You "pay" for your dinner with the card but at the end of the cruise you are not charged. We would still, I assume, pay gratuity for those specialty dinners?

Thanks so much!

Hi!

The drink package on NCL is tied to your card. However, on NCL you will not need to sign a slip unless the cost of your drink goes over the $15 per drink maximum amount allowed per the package. If your drink is $16 then you will sign a slip for the additional $1 plus 18% tip on the $1.00.

The dining package on NCL is similar, on some ships there are restaurants that are not included or have an uncharge. The gratuity will only be charged on amounts over what the dining package covers. Here is what NCL website says about the speciality restaurants:

Food Republic, The Bake Shop, Ice Cream Bar, Gelato, specialty items in the Asian restaurant, Special Occasion/Holiday menus (New Year's, Christmas, etc.), Jazz Brunch, Wine Lovers and Murder Mystery lunches, and beverages are not included as part of the Specialty Dining Packages.

You may choose to dine in the following venues as part of your Specialty Dining Package for the corresponding upcharges: The Supper Club ($15 USD), For the Record ($15 USD), Ocean Blue ($15 USD), Bayamo ($15 USD), Cirque Dreams and Illusionarium ($10 USD regular seats/$15 USD premium seats/$35 USD VIP seating on Breakaway), Sushi Bar ($7 USD), Pincho Tapas Bar ($7 USD), and Raw Bar ($7 USD).

Specialty Dining Packages include one main course per person at Cagney's and Le Bistro restaurants. Additional main courses will be charged at the a la carte price listed on the menu.

Enjoy your cruise.

Just as a side note the all inclusive drink plan has some exclusions. Covers any single drink (so not bottles of wine, flights, or buckets of beer) up to $15, except bottled water, specialty coffee, and anything in mini bar and delivered by room service r not covered at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sanger727

A few more exclusions...

"A 20% discount will be given on bottles of wine (champagne and sparkling included) purchased on board.

Does not apply to the Ice Bars. Does not include room service, package sales, bottled water, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated super premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, fresh squeezed juices, Lavazza coffee beverages, wine dispenser, energy drinks or vending machines."

Thank you all, that was extremely helpful! Quick followup... so do I need to tip for drinks or not? :P Gratuity was already charged to me ($90 I think) and I will probably have under 20 drinks on a 7 day cruise.

Ooops, Casafila answered it and I missed it. Thanks!

Edited by Taishartrueblood

No you do not need to tip. However, you can always tip if you feel someone went over and above your expectations.

For example, last year on the Jade the bartender was great. He created us by name, always came over to serve us quickly. In my opinion he went above what was expected so we gave him cash in hand on the last night of the cruise to recognize his extra efforts.

Also, since I have you here and you are nice[emoji14]Will the 3 speciality dinners included package (also a freebe) work the same way? You "pay" for your dinner with the card but at the end of the cruise you are not charged. We would still, I assume, pay gratuity for those specialty dinners?

Thanks so much!

Like others have said, you do not have to pay but they will ring up your card for their purposes. As for tipping we tip the same as we would at a bar. Especially to those that go above and beyond and you will know the connection right away.we usually give them $1 per drink but not necessarily with "every" drink unless we really like their service then yes, every drink.. They get to keep the cash for themselves but tipping on receipts is shared amongst everyone.

Enjoy the package it's worth it.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Forums mobile app

In the atrium/sitting area there may be persons who offer to go and get your drink for you, those people you may consider tipping. There was a very nice man who was always being helpful w/my dad etc and he tipped him at the end. So maybe in that circumstance. Or if you become 'close' to a bartender.

Also if you are in port, a tax may be added to your cost and you will have to sign for that drink /if it ends up going over the $15 limit.

are shots included in the UBP? if so is it also all shots up to 15 bucks? for example can i get a shot of grey goose or a glen with the package?

Regular (unflavored) Grey Goose is under $15. The flavored versions are over $15 so you have to would have to pay the difference.

If by "glen" you mean a single malt whisky like Glenfiddich or Glenlivet, those are also over $15. So you get a big discount, but the shot is not fully included in the package.

Learning a lot in the thread. Thank you all!

May I ask......Does the UBP start as soon as you board or not until international waters?

As soon as you board, however in Fla. ports you pay a Fla. tax while docked.

We boarded at 11:15 a.m. For our 7:00 p.m. Sailing and drank pretty good and our total tax was around $10-$12 .