Leaving on Allure in 2 weeks- Some Questions

JulieRose

I know there is ALOT of info on this site but so much of it is outdated that it's hard to tell what the real deal is. I have a few questions that some recent cruisers can probably help with.

- Do they still do the Prohibition Party? If so, sign up at guest services? If not, did some other thing replace it?

- What movies are being shown currently?

- Is Starbucks still included in the Ultimate bev package?

- Is there a max age restriction on the zipline? (My 85 year old grandfather can't wait.)

- Is there anything you wish you would have known about the ship before you went that you didn't?

I know there is ALOT of info on this site but so much of it is outdated that it's hard to tell what the real deal is. I have a few questions that some recent cruisers can probably help with.

- Do they still do the Prohibition Party? If so, sign up at guest services? If not, did some other thing replace it?

- Is there a max age restriction on the zipline? (My 85 year old grandfather can't wait.)

- Is there anything you wish you would have known about the ship before you went that you didn't?

The limits on a zip line is weight. Too light and you may not make it across. Too heavy and you might descend at a rapid rate rather than going horizontally.

I'm trying to find the information you seek. I found the following on Royal Caribbean's website for Royal Caribbean's other zip line, located on Labadee ...

Restrictions:

Minimum Height: 48 inches

Minimum Weight: 75 pounds, Maximum weight: 275 pounds

http://http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do?ProductCode=ZL26&DestinationCode=

I found a post on Cruise Critic that says the following ...

Allure - minimum 75 lbs, max 275 lbs

Labadee - minimum 75 lbs, max 250 lbs

Click on the little blue arrow after the name "Sharod" to see the post and the rest of the thread.

Here is what someone on another forum said ...

The weight limit is at least 75 pounds and not more than 275. You have to be 52 inches tall. I think it is the same age limit as the wall.

Here is another Cruise Critic post ...

It is 75 to 275 -- and they have a scale to check it.

Here is a link to a Cruise Critic article about a zip line fatal accident that you might want to read ...

http://http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=2469

The zip line on labadee can go down according to the wind last year when I was there if you weighed more than 195 you could not ride cause it was down wind you would be going to fast at the end.

That is not an issue aboard the ship, which is what the OP is asking about.

Yes. You may book under your cruise planner under Activities and Entertainment.

The zip line on labadee can go down according to the wind last year when I was there if you weighed more than 195 you could not ride cause it was down wind you would be going to fast at the end.

Already did that one (see profile pic) but he is concerned that they might turn him away based on age. He's the healthiest 85 year old I ever met and can't imagine that they would turn him away so long as he signs the waiver.

What was told to me was that Starbucks coffee is included in the Ultimate Drink Package.

I have watched a few videos that stated that it was included also.

This link shows what is included. Note: It does not specifically state that Starbucks is included but states the Premium Coffee is included.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

What was told to me was that Starbucks coffee is included in the Ultimate Drink Package.

This link shows what is included. Note: It does not specifically state that Starbucks is included but states the Premium Coffee is included.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

Beverages from the licensed Starbucks venues on Oasis class ships are not included in any beverage package.

What was sent to me on the Starbucks was that they are now including it. Question 7 of the below blog states it.

Add Royal Caribbean Blog . com to the below link with no spaces

/sites/default/files/blog-images/14446222_10208734172490017_5499799811624440054_n.jpg

and take out the space between the j and the pg at the end of the link if present

I also did see what you have stated so I am confused on what is the current policy.:confused:

What I stated is the current policy.

When RC came out with the latest incarnation of the beverage packages, they stated (in writing) that the licensed Starbucks venues were included. Within a day or two, they backed off from that and went back to the current policy. Hence the confusion.

What was sent to me on the Starbucks was that they are now including it. Question 7 of the below blog states it.

Add Royal Caribbean Blog . com to the below link with no spaces

/sites/default/files/blog-images/14446222_10208734172490017_5499799811624440054_n.jpg

and take out the space between the j and the pg at the end of the link if present

That is not an official Royal Caribbean site. It's "just a guy with a blog".

So what does topic 8 mean?:confused:

It means that the beverage packages cannot be used at the licensed Starbucks venues, which are currently only on Oasis class ships.

What Bob said is correct. Only three ships have a licensed Starbucks (Oasis, Allure, and Harmony).

In the case of the three ships listed. They have Cafe Promenade and Park Cafe that serve hand crafted coffee house style beverages using Seattle's Best coffee beans.

All other ships that have a Starbucks logo at the cafe fall under the "We proudly brew" segment.

Sent from a mobile device

So what does topic 8 mean?:confused:

The simplest answer is that you can get premium coffee at Cafe Promenade, Windjammer, the MDR and speciality restaurants. Premium coffee includes 'Starbucks like' latte, cappuccino etc.

You can not use the package at the seperate Starbucks kiosk.

• 1 month later...

You have been given bad information. It is not included.

They even have signs up at Starbucks stating it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk