WOW Bands on Anthem OTS

You can purchase them at Guest Services. We enjoyed using them as we did not have to carry our sea pass while onboard. It's definitely a preference, some like them and some don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You can reuse a Wow band from a previous cruise. Just go to guest services with your room key and they will reprogram your old band.

I found the Wow band handy when returning to my room with my hands full and for getting into shows without digging into my wallet.

Lou

I was looking forward to using them on our Harmony cruise this summer. However, the one drawback I see is having to remove them to give the bartenders. I can see some confusion if he/she is serving 3-4 guests at a time. Looks like to me they would have a mobile reader to process the transaction at the seat, poolside, etc. Kinda defeats the purpose if you ask me of having a Wow Band and having to remove it. Might as well use the card.

• 2 weeks later...

I never used mine. I found it difficult to get on/off (it had a strap and buckle like a wristwatch), unlike the Disney Magicbands which just needed to be pressed together to close. Disney's version was also sturdier.

There was also the complication that we all had the same color. I suppose perhaps we could have switched colors at guest services?

In any case, I was fine with the sea pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do you really need to remove them for bar service? Kind of defeats the point don't you all think?

As long as you're physically at the bar, I think most of the bars had a scanner near the register where I was able to sort of lean my arm over to scan. But each person getting a drink needs to have each band scanned. It got comedic at the Solarium pool and hot tubs when would take turns getting rounds. Basically we all had to take our bands off, and someone would take them to the bar for the drinks, and then keep the who's who of bands straight after bringing back the drinks and bands.

For any of the shows in the theaters, you had to hand over your card or take off your band and give to the server.

RCI hasn't mastered the wireless reader tech that Disney uses with their MagicBands. The plus was that they were waterproof and didn't have to worry about pockets when hitting the pools.

We got ours free with staying in a Jr Suite ... don't know if I'd actually pay for one

I loved my WOW Band on Quantum and will be using it again on Harmony. As far as taking it on and off for drinks its a small price to pay to not have to worry about losing my seapass card. If I forget its in/on my towel when I dry off out of the pool, whoops the card is gone. Lose the card in the hot tub when it falls out of your pocket, whoops. The band has a really simple buckle to put on and take off and removes the need for you to carry the card around the ship.

I prefer this band over the Disney MagicBands as they're more flexible and lighter-weight.

Edited by rbschultz

Are they putting them in suites or do you have to buy them at what cost?

For Star, Sky and Sea Class (Jr Suite and up) they are free and should be waiting in the rooms. For anyone else I think they were ~$5 each.

I think it's ridiculous that they charge people for these when Disney gives them out for free...

Disney gives them free for people who stay on site. Off-site guests still have to buy a magic band if they want to use them. I'm not saying you can do an 'off-site' cruise, and I also think RCI should give the WOW bands for free (I think they were initially free for everyone) but Disney does make a lot of $$$ off their themed magic bands and all the wacky accessories that guests pay extra for.

I think Carnival's system may end being more integrated like Disney, as you have an ex-Disney guy working with Carnival who knows the tech.

Hi guys, just wondering what the WOW bands were and what they do? Also how do you get them? I've seen videos and some people have them some don't. We are on Anthem at the end of March and are curious about this. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/QUOT

Used them on both the Quantum & Anthem. Very useful and don't have to worry about carrying the pass key. Kept the pass key in the power slot to maintain cabin temperature. Used them for everything except to get off/on ship for security reason. Free on Quantum but a charge of $5 on Allure. Was able to exchange at CS, gratis. The Quantum version had the muster station imprinted on the band, none on the Anthem. Quantum version easy to put on and get off as it had a clasp like a watch. The Anthem version, don't know why, does not have a clasp but you have to press into rubber pimples (?) as you do with some baseball hats.

Couldn't agree more that having to take them off the kids at the pool was a PITA also had to do it at dinner.

The benefits: Getting in and out of the room without searching for a key. I also felt like if I ever lost all my stuff in port, at least I had a way to get back on board. I think thats just the Mom in me double, triple checking to make sure all the redundancies are in place ;)

The drawbacks: My teen pretty much lived at the flowrider and you couldnt wear it there, nor could you keep a room key in your pocket.So not sure there was any advantage for him. We also had drink packages for everyone. In order for you to get more than one drink you had to have everyone's band with you to order. Can I just say putting them on taking them off putting them on taking them off repeat repeat repeat was a huge PITA (did I say that already?) Yes at the bars you can kind of reach over (if there is a spot close enough to the register to order from) but the theater and at dinner off they come. But the killer is, when they pull up the info on their screen from the first band, they can see everyone listed in your room with their picture and what drink package they have! Seems to me if they can look at the screen and verify you have a package for everyone WHY OH WHY do we all have to have our Bands or our cards for that matter?

Basically for our family of four it was only convenient for me (usually because my hands were full of everyones stuff) and my youngest (10 yrs old) because i could see rather quickly if he had his pass before we went out of the room for anything.

Used them on both the Quantum & Anthem. Very useful and don't have to worry about carrying the pass key. Kept the pass key in the power slot to maintain cabin temperature. Used them for everything except to get off/on ship for security reason. Free on Quantum but a charge of $5 on Allure. Was able to exchange at CS, gratis. The Quantum version had the muster station imprinted on the band, none on the Anthem. Quantum version easy to put on and get off as it had a clasp like a watch. The Anthem version, don't know why, does not have a clasp but you have to press into rubber pimples (?) as you do with some baseball hats.

I assume that you meant to write Anthem. :) I don't want anyone to be confused.

I love mine, too. I'm wearing it right now. No fumbling for the card = it's great.

:)

I assume that you meant to write Anthem. :) I don't want anyone to be confused.

I love mine, too. I'm wearing it right now. No fumbling for the card = it's great.

:)

I'm boarding Harmony tomorrow. Can't wait to be using my WOW band again.