First thing to do when you board?

norwane

First thing is to change into my speedo and start tanning........

aaa.jpg

Remember, You were the one that asked!!!

Remember to stop by the Excursion Desk to get your tickets for the Underwater Adventure Tour

214466898_Qzj7k-M.jpg

Our first day is like most, arrive around 11:30 and we are Platinum so we to our stateroom, drop off our Carry-on talk to our Steward and let them know we want an ice bucket and service twice a day. Then we go for lunch head back to the room to unpack and take a nap prior to muster drill.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

On our last cruise we dropped off our bags, grabbed a quick lunch then went down to watch people as they came on board. This was the first time we went to watch people board the ship. It was fun to watch newbies as they came on board for the first time. Of course watching the children board and seeing their excitement was great. It reminded us of the times we took our kids on cruises. I think we might make this our new ritual.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Revdoll

I take a walk around the ship to get photos before it's crowded. Go to the dining room and check table assignments - I hate dining with strangers, so I request a table for 2 if they've put us at a large table. I head to drop off carry on stuff as soon as the rooms are open.

I dread the muster drill, and don't think I really get truly excited about a cruise until it's over. I wish they would come up with a way to do this at home as part of the online check in, maybe by watching an online video to get cleared.

So, when we board the Pride in less than 2 weeks (:D:D:D), after we go to customer service, to ask for our balcony to be opened up, what then? Will Guy's and the Cantina be open for lunch? Do most folks just head to the buffet? What do people do after they board?

We do have FTTF as well, if that helps.

Thanks!

Since you have FTTF, go to cabin to drop off carry-on and then up to Lido for Guys. That's what we do.

We always go straight to our cabin and unpack (we travel with carry-on only) and then our vacay officially begins. Unpacking is a quick operation for us. Then we grab some lunch and a drink and sit above the buffet where it's not so chaotic and breathe. We are definitely people watchers on embarkation day. It's the best way to relax and get used to the idea that we have absolutely nothing to do for the next week :)

I dread the muster drill, and don't think I really get truly excited about a cruise until it's over. I wish they would come up with a way to do this at home as part of the online check in, maybe by watching an online video to get cleared.

Muster drills are required by the USCG and International maritime agreements so your video muster isn't going to happen.