Help with Summer 2017 Med Itinerary - Brilliance or NCL Epic

Hi,

hoping people can give insights if/which of the two cruises i'm looking at would be "better" knowing it's somewhat subjective..they seem very similar except seems NCL trades Ajacci Corsica with Naples and there's an overnight in Palma ..

1. Brilliance June 6-14, Barcelona, Cannes, Florence/Pisa, Rome, Ajaccio Corsica, Seaday, Palma De Mallorca (overnight), Barcelona

2. NCL Epic - Barcelona, Sea, Naples, Rome, Florence/Pisa, CAnnes, Palma majorica, Barcelona

Thanks!

price is simiar...NCL is a $100 more but balcony...RCL is $100 less for an extra day but OV...being port intensive, I'm indifferent to the balcony?

Edited by gilboman

I can't help a whole lot. However, I would take the extra day even without a balcony. I used the balcony extensively on our first 2 cruises and, although we have a balcony on our upcoming X, I'm thinking of saving cash and getting an outside from now on. Brilliance is our favorite ship so far. I did consider the Epic once but it is epically ugly and doesn't it have the split in two bathroom so folks in your stateroom can view you through the frosted windows as you sit on the throne? If I am headed to Europe, I would want the most bang for my money and take the extra day.

I can't help a whole lot. However, I would take the extra day even without a balcony. I used the balcony extensively on our first 2 cruises and, although we have a balcony on our upcoming X, I'm thinking of saving cash and getting an outside from now on. Brilliance is our favorite ship so far. I did consider the Epic once but it is epically ugly and doesn't it have the split in two bathroom so folks in your stateroom can view you through the frosted windows as you sit on the throne? If I am headed to Europe, I would want the most bang for my money and take the extra day.

Yes, Epic has the shower and toilet split up (each on either side of the door as you enter the cabin) and the sink is actually in the room........kind of weird!

I was also looking at the Epic, but ended up choosing Brilliance for the xtra day and its a beautiful ship (from what I read and hear so far) :)

• 4 weeks later...

We just moved our May 7-day on Rhapsody to the 8-day on Brillance leaving June 6th. Same balcony cabin and I think the price went down slightly. We've sailed on the Rhapsody many times when it was in Galveston and we were on Radiance last summer for Alaska. Loved Radiance and hoping that Brillance is just as nice.

Looking at airfare from Houston anyone have anything good or bad to share about Turkish Airlines? Half the price of United and I still earn United Mileage Plus.

I'd choose RCI in this case - Corsica is supposed to be very nice from people I've spoken to who have been there and an overnight in Palma will be awesome. Also I wouldn't choose the Epic for the reasons others have stated regarding the weird bathroom layout.

I am in the pre planning stages of a Mediterranean cruise for 2018. I have looked at Turkish airlines and most of the reviews I've read on Trip Advisor have been pretty good. Plus, they are so much cheaper than the other airlines. I plan on using them for our flight.

Looking at airfare from Houston anyone have anything good or bad to share about Turkish Airlines? Half the price of United and I still earn United Mileage Plus.

I can highly recommend Turkish Airlines:).

Having said that, I didn't enjoy our cruise on Norwegian, and not going to book another cruise with this company:mad:.