Best Things to do in Nassau? Help.

Mandylouwho

It is a port to be tolerated at best.

We took a private fishing charter last time only to come back and see some drunkees slugging it out in front of their kids. (probably the Carnival ship...:o) It broke my heart.

The sail in to the port and the point of view from the ship is lovely.

There has to be something family friendly and enjoyable to do, so dig on in until you find it.

Like many others, I have done Nassau many times. While it is not my favorite port the Pirates Museum is in walking distance, is very interesting and the kids may enjoy it depending up their ages. I have also done Atlantis and while I find it a lot of fun, it is expensive for a half of day of fun. There are some nice beaches if you are looking for a more relaxing day. Like so many other things in life, Nassau can be a fun day if you want it to be. Attitude is a lot of it.

Nassau is not just a port call on "lame" East Coast and Florida sailings. Some cruise lines have started adding Nassau as a port call on transatlantics, hardly what one would want. But if you want to take an otherwise great TA, you may find yourself stuck with that port, and it has nothing to do with money.

I agree. I have never seen Tortola or St. Thomas, so this is why we chose it. Plus, my kids have never been out of the US or have seen caribbean waters yet. My choices would have been relagated to the southern caribbean, but with 5 that was a bit expensive.

Here's an idea, quit taking the same lame cheap cruises to the same port. Maybe save a few more dollars and go somewhere else perhaps? Just an idea ..... :rolleyes:
You obviously did not take your own advice when you visited Nassau on the Escape on your last cruise back in April. The only thing that is a shame is that the Escape visits Nassau 40 times during 2017. Luckily when she relocates to NYC in 2018, that will no longer be true. Edited by SNJCruisers

we have been to nassau many times and it's fine for us to just walk around. last time there we hopped on a local bus and went to the zoo. a bit different than our local zoo. very pretty and we saw a show with a bunch of trained flamingos. very interesting. on the way back we decided to walk. was maybe a mile and a half from port. think it was 15 for admission.

Having been to Nassau a handful of times, this last time we decided to walk to John Watling's Rum Distillery. Took the quick tour of the distillery, then did a rum tasting. The bartender was awesome and had us come behind the bar for photo ops. He then made us the best pina coladas we'd ever had and sealed the deal for one of the best days in Nassau ever. :D We sat outside with friends, enjoyed the breeze and the view, and just relaxed. And ordered another pina colada. Or two. :eek: But overall it was a really nice, relaxing day away from the crowds.

we have been to nassau many times and it's fine for us to just walk around. last time there we hopped on a local bus and went to the zoo. a bit different than our local zoo. very pretty and we saw a show with a bunch of trained flamingos. very interesting. on the way back we decided to walk. was maybe a mile and a half from port. think it was 15 for admission.

Ardasstra Gardens as I have previously suggested. Good with children as they can almost touch the flamingos and parrots!

However this time we are going to do the distillery.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app