what's the breakdown of your cruise fare: pier rental, food etc

luckyinpa

with all the complaining about the BA and NYC i began wondering, what does this really cost NCL to 'rent' the terminal and use the facility. is it 1000, 10000, 100000? curious a general idea of what it costs for the use every sunday of the terminal.

then i began wondering what the breakdown of the cruise fare actually was. i do know its more tax to go to bermuda than nassau for instance. but how about discounting taxes and port fees for this thread

how much of a 2500 two person balcony room is what?

food

entertainment

drinks

cabin service

etc

they certainly have these numbers internally but doubt we will ever see them. it's the numbers guy in me that wonders what is what. also i'm assuming 'everyone' pays the freight in terms of higher fares for the free booze etc. so an exact number will never be possible to get.

with all the complaining about the BA and NYC i began wondering, what does this really cost NCL to 'rent' the terminal and use the facility. is it 1000, 10000, 100000? curious a general idea of what it costs for the use every sunday of the terminal.

then i began wondering what the breakdown of the cruise fare actually was. i do know its more tax to go to bermuda than nassau for instance. but how about discounting taxes and port fees for this thread

how much of a 2500 two person balcony room is what?

food

entertainment

drinks

cabin service

etc

they certainly have these numbers internally but doubt we will ever see them. it's the numbers guy in me that wonders what is what. also i'm assuming 'everyone' pays the freight in terms of higher fares for the free booze etc. so an exact number will never be possible to get.

The biggest costs would be the ship and operational costs.

I can't say I have EVER wondered about it but now that it has been

brought up I think it would be very interesting, as someone who enjoys hearing about all things related to cruising, to hear some general numbers.

Over the years reading this board I have seen the answers to many questions

where the initial response has been, you'll never know that information.

Some of the information has even been correct :)