A Review of Harmony's First Christmas!

Cant wait LOL

I do have a question / favor to ask...

I am looking for the prices at Starbucks & Café Promenade or a picture of both their menus. If you get a chance if not its no big deal

Sorry, didn't take a great amount of photos myself - other members of my party are more happy-snappy than me. Although you must stay tuned to see my photos of Santa on the Zip Wire and coming out of the Ultimate Abyss!!

To answer your question about Café Promenade in more detail though, there were a complimentary selection of sandwiches, wraps, cakes and pastries being served in a random rotation throughout the week.

Enjoying your writing style.:)

Thank you. You have been very helpful to me in the past so your endorsement means a lot :)

Ooo- spot the show-offy staff member! A fun game for us to play next month :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Please do check in after and let me know your thoughts. It will be interesting to see it from other perspectives from guests on other Harmony sailings.

The evenings are my favourite time on the ship. I love the bars and karaoke and the events on the Promenade.

As you know, Day 1 was Christmas Eve and at 11.30pm, Abe and the staff hosted a "Carols Round The Tree" event on the Promenade. I was late due to watching the Karaoke in On Air beforehand - watching the karaoke makes for a very interesting hour or two. I must beg of all posters who do like to sing a little song on the Karaoke; please avoid Don't Stop Believing by Journey and My Way by Frank Sinatra. They must have been sung every day....

Anyway, I digress, again. It was a lovely Carol service featuring carols and festive favourites including Feliz Navidad, 12 Days of Christmas, Silent Night and many more. They also had a snow machine for Silent Night; I have a video on my phone, I will try and upload this - it was a lovely effect. After this finished we retired for Day 1. After a long day of travelling it was time to sleep!

The only negative I would say about The Fine Line is that there is one staff member in that production (and in all Aqua Theater productions actually) that doesn't seem to work well as a team - it's all very much "look at me, i'm so much better." I was not the only person to think this. I won't say who, but if you're due to go on Harmony, take a look. You'll know instantly!

LOL! I know exactly who you are talking about! I was weirdly fascinated by this person...I didn't consider it a negative, just interesting!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you know if they were strict on the boarding time on your set sail pass? We have a group of 20 sailing on February 4th and we all have different boarding times from 10:30-12:30. Our shuttle is scheduled to drop us at the pier at 10:30. I called RCCL and was told because we have two diamond plus couples traveling with our group, we should all be able to board at the 10:30 time. Thoughts???

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I was on this sailing, too.

We had 12:30-1:00. We arrived at the port at about 11:30 and were on by 12:10 or so. No one even paid attention to our 12:30 boarding time. I don't know how Diamond would impact this, we're just lowly Platinum!

I was on this sailing, too.

We had 12:30-1:00. We arrived at the port at about 11:30 and were on by 12:10 or so. No one even paid attention to our 12:30 boarding time. I don't know how Diamond would impact this, we're just lowly Platinum!

Hey hey!! As I said earlier, was great to meet you Pam!! Thanks for following this along - would be great to hear some of your opinions of some of the things too :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the review.

No worries :)

We're On This Same itinerary In May!

Do You Have The Cruise Compass?

I haven't scanned them yet, but please be aware its an amended itinerary due to the holidays :)

I will scan them in at the end.

Enjoying your review! Following....

Thankyou, I appreciate the comments :)

Enjoying your review. We have not decided on our 2017 travel plans and are considering HOTS and a couple of smaller ships. We have been on Allure and Oasis total of 5 weeks in the past.

If you enjoyed Allure and Oasis you will enjoy Harmony. I was debating a smaller ship before settling with Harmony and I don't regret the decision :)

As I am between days I thought I would give you a heads up on some of the complimentary dining options we sampled (other than MDR - all that drama deserves its own thread ha!!)

Boardwalk Hot Dog House - It's a hot dog; I mean, you can't go wrong with a cheap sausage slapped onto a bun served with onions and ketchup. If my memory serves me correctly, there was less of a choice on Harmony than there was on Allure but to be quite honest I wasn't really that bothered; like I say, a hot dog is a hot dog!

Windjammer - Not a bad breakfast choice, most of the favourites still there. Selection did seem lacking in comparison to Allure but when pressed, none of my party could remember what we had previously that we had missed this time. Flavour was lacking a bit but that was nothing that a pinch of salt, pepper or the usual condiment couldn't sort out. The pizza they serve at lunch and dinner is infinitely better than Sorrentos. The dinner offerings are quite good for easy pickings. The Tandoori Chicken was particularly nice.

Park Café - you can't go wrong with the Beef sandwich and whilst I forgot on Day 1, I made up for it subsequently - in my opinion its still the biggest draw of the Park Café. I think a lot miss it because the Central Park has so many for fee options that people often mistake it as being the case foe the Park Café as well.

Sorrentos - Not great, every slice of pizza I had from there was burnt (to my taste.) Much better on the Allure, but again a Pizza is a pizza and a burnt pizza wont stop me going there again on Harmony or other ships.

Café Promenade - No real issue here either. The food wasn't outstanding but it wasn't awful either. I will give them props for trying new ideas but I preferred Allure.

All in all, from the free options for food, it's Allure all the way :)

Day 2: Christmas Day!

Breakfast at the Windjammer (see above post!)

This morning, guests were invited to the Boardwalk for Santa's arrival. In typical Royal style, Santa actually ziplined across the way above the Boardwalk and then took the Ultimate Abyss down to where the children were waiting! (Along with the Elves and a very hideously dressed Abe Hughes!!!)

The children were all chanting and shouting out for Santa, it was lovely to witness. All the children received gifts. Older children got a RCCL beach towel (inspired!!) but I'm not sure what the younger children got...

Here are some pictures!! b2f318544f233884f811251ffb9c6b76.jpg14bbe3c9caa893a6acc74e310052e35b.jpgccdafa288cb3fb6da4ccd4a965a99eef.jpg

Spot Abe's suit [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums